Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

network is not included in your current XFINITY TV subscription

New Poster

network is not included in your current XFINITY TV subscription

I have just subscribed to a triple play package including HBO, starz and encore.  Everytime I try to connect to HBOgo on HBO.com or via the HBOgo app on my Ipad or iPhone, after selecting xfinity/comcast and putting my username/password, I get the message "network is not included in your current XFINITY TV subscription".

I am very frustrated with this error. I cannot watch live CNN too because my comcast username/password is not authenticated when submitted for live CNN streaming.

I have all these services yet I cannot get the service that I should be getting with these Online Partners with Comcast/Xfinity. Can you help me asap? The support guys on the telephone doesn't seem to have any clue to solving this problem.

Tags (1)
Silver Problem Solver

Re: network is not included in your current XFINITY TV subscription

it sounds to me like your account is not set up properly.  This sometimes happen when you get a bundle like you have an the individual components are not broken out of the bundle like hbo.  You need to call comcast and tell them that your authentication is not working with hbo.  They should be able to see your account and see what is up.  I don't know if your going to get much traction on this on a Sunday though.  good luck.

Official Employee

texxy10 wrote:

I have just subscribed to a triple play package including HBO, starz and encore.  Everytime I try to connect to HBOgo on HBO.com or via the HBOgo app on my Ipad or iPhone, after selecting xfinity/comcast and putting my username/password, I get the message "network is not included in your current XFINITY TV subscription".

I am very frustrated with this error. I cannot watch live CNN too because my comcast username/password is not authenticated when submitted for live CNN streaming.

I have all these services yet I cannot get the service that I should be getting with these Online Partners with Comcast/Xfinity. Can you help me asap? The support guys on the telephone doesn't seem to have any clue to solving this problem.

Does CNN and HBO work on your TV? Is On Demand working?

You said "I have just subscribed to a triple play package including HBO, starz and encore". Sometimes it can take 24 to 48 hours for your account to be completely activated. When was your account installed?

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hello I am having the same issue when trying to connect to hbogo. Is there a solution for this issue?????
Official Employee

Haroldhaslem218 wrote:
Hello I am having the same issue when trying to connect to hbogo. Is there a solution for this issue?????

Do you get any error messages when trying to sign into Xfinitytv.com?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

No I dont but not sure what happened or changed today because now its working. Thanks!!!

Regular Visitor

I've had triple play for a long time, was literally watching HBOgo last night and now it says I am not authorized. I can watch hbo on demand and on the channel itself but not online? what gives?

Official Employee

Arsenic_Touch wrote:

I've had triple play for a long time, was literally watching HBOgo last night and now it says I am not authorized. I can watch hbo on demand and on the channel itself but not online? what gives?

Our team is looking into this for you. I will update you when I learn more.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

My hbogo is NOT working... please help!!!

New Poster

I am having the same issues with the Watch ESPN app. I have had the sports package for about 2 years now and the app was working just fine. Now it gives me the "network is not included.." error on both my Android and iOS devices. 

Regular Visitor

Ditto for me also, no HBO GO or Showtime, etc.  DOes this have anything to do with the current outage for VOD?

New Poster

I am having the same issue with HBO Go on the iPad and on the PC. HBO content using the xfinity app on the iPad works fine, and content using the SHO mobile app also works fine using the same credentials. The HBO Go app worked fine a week ago.