Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

need support for streaming video

New Poster

need support for streaming video

I am having problems with your video streaming service.

I have a super fast connection.  I'm using YOUR website to stream YOUR content through YOUR internet service.

Yet, EVERY video I watch freezes, stutters, pixelates, looks likes like everything is happening in slow motion, voices don't sync with what's on screen, etc.  This happens more often than it doesn't.  I have NEVER been able to watch a video through your website without this happening at multiple points during the video, if not during the entire video.  This same exact thing was happening a year ago when I tried your service then. 

Oh, by the way, the commercials always play flawlessly.  Great job there.

It's hard to believe it could be my computer since Netflix streams fine.  Hulu streams fine.  Youtube streams fine.  EVERY friggin website I go to streams just fine, EXCEPT YOURS.

How is that possible?  How do other companies' websites work better via an internet connection with YOUR company than YOUR OWN website?

Is there something I'm missing?  Some special setting I need on my computer to allow your content to work?

PLEASE HELP!

New Poster

Re: need support for streaming video

For what it's worth, we experience the exact same problem that you're describing on all facets.  Now since recently we've not been able to get anything but a blank, silent screen when trying to watch anything directly on the TV through Xfinity's box (with NO worthwhile help from Them), we've been pretty much dependent on watching through the tablet app. 

While by no means an ideal situation,  we've found a way (through no technical knowledge - only trial & error - and the following makes no logical sense) to make most streaming media playback fairly smoothly from the tablet app watching on the TV screen connected with a HDMI cord.  This is what we did:  

Went into the tablet's display settings and under "Accelerometer coordinate system", changing the setting from the default to "Special coordinate system, to support some other games".  Then under "Enable screen adaptation", disable that by unchecking the box.  Then under " HDMI settings", check the box to enable hdmi full screen mode.  Under "hdmi output mode" instead of using "auto", set it for whatever is the output mode for your TV.*

* We have found that on just a few random movies, for whatever reason, even though our TV has hdmi output 720P 60HZ, we sometimes need to change the tablet setting here to hdmi output 1080P 60HZ in order for it to steam smoothly.

No idea if this would work for you, but if you don't have any luck either with getting any real support from Comcast, then it probably wouldn't hurt to try in case it gives you at least a temporary solution....

Regular Contributor

Re: need support for streaming video

Can you please provide some more information? While you describe the problem "EVERY video I watch freezes, stutters, pixelates, looks likes like everything is happening in slow motion, voices don't sync with what's on screen" you don't mention what web browser you are using and what operating system?

A few generic suggestions, if you are using IE on anything less than Windows 8 then check and make sure you are using the latest version of Flash, you can check that here: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ there also have been complaints and an official statement from Comcast that a reccent Windows patch is causing problems between Flash and IE and that Adobe is working on a fix; that problem only affects IE and not any other browser.

If you are using IE, many people have better luck with a different browser so give FireFox or Chrome a try.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation