Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

myDVR only shows the "Check Availability" page

New Poster

myDVR only shows the "Check Availability" page

I just got TV service from Comcast a week or so ago and I'm having trouble with the myDVR application.

When I go to the page http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr, all I see is the "Check Availability" overlay.  When I hit that button and select my service area, it immediately comes back to the same "Check Availability" page.  I cannot set up my DVR or record any shows from the web.  I can record things from the TV, but not from the web.

I did go on the TV and get the activation code for myDVR from the on-screen menu, so I assume that my set-top box is compatible.  How do I use that code?

Here's what I see on the page http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer.  Any idea how I can set my DVR to record from the web?

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 94928

My Cable Provider:Comcast Rohnert Park Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed

My Queue setup:True

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:Not Installed

My public IP address:

My operating system:Windows - Undefined My web browser:Chrome 15 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.121 Safari/535.2

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:Silverlight Not Installed.

My flash version:11.1 R102 Enabled

Cookies:Enabled

Official Employee

Re: myDVR only shows the "Check Availability" page

jeff_grimshaw wrote:

I just got TV service from Comcast a week or so ago and I'm having trouble with the myDVR application.

When I go to the page http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/dvr, all I see is the "Check Availability" overlay.  When I hit that button and select my service area, it immediately comes back to the same "Check Availability" page.  I cannot set up my DVR or record any shows from the web.  I can record things from the TV, but not from the web.

I did go on the TV and get the activation code for myDVR from the on-screen menu, so I assume that my set-top box is compatible.  How do I use that code?

Here's what I see on the page http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/computer.  Any idea how I can set my DVR to record from the web?

My Device Information

My Zip Code: 94928

My Cable Provider:Comcast Rohnert Park Digital

My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed

My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed

My Queue setup:True

Facebook Queue Syncing:False

Facebook Connect:Not Installed

My public IP address:

My operating system:Windows - Undefined My web browser:Chrome 15 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.2 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/15.0.874.121 Safari/535.2

My system typeesktop Computer Or Other Device

My Move player version:Not Installed

My Silverlight version:Silverlight Not Installed.

My flash version:11.1 R102 Enabled

Cookies:Enabled

Thank you for your feedback.

Our team is currently looking into this issue.

I will update this thread when I have more information to pass along.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Silver Problem Solver

do you have a motorola box?

New Poster

Yep, it's a Motorola box.  I looked for the exact model #, but I could not find anything on the box itself.  I'm sure it's there somewhere, I just don't know where to look.

Silver Problem Solver

doesnt matter as long its one it should work.   did you check on your box menu for a section called remote access set up?  in there you can delete the set up and then try to resych again from you phone.  Also make sure it works on your pc.   make sure your zip code is set correctly on your account on the pc and that you are looging in with the primary account holder log in. 

New Poster

Thanks for the tips Rog.

myDVR does not work from my PC.  I logged in wiht the primary ID, set the zip code and service provider, but it does not work, even after several days.

The remote access setup section exists on my set top box, I went in there yesterday and got the DVR activation code.  I wll try deleting the setup and resync, but I'm not sure what you mean by "resync from your phone".  Will the box instruct me to do this step and give a phone number?  Do I have to install an app or something?

New Poster

When I go into the remote access setup now, it just tells me to go online and put in my activation code.  I have no idea where to go to do that.  myDVR page? The menu no longer gives me the option to delete and resync.

New Poster

I also noticed that the shows I set to record yesterday evening did NOT get recorded.  MyDVR on the set top box shows an empty list and 0% used.  This was the first time I tried to record anything. The box lets me go through all the steps of setting the show up to record and it shows up as scheduled in the guide, but it did not record.

Silver Problem Solver

Ok maybe I misunderstood what your trying to do.   My dvr manager is a way to manage your dvr from your computer, you can download and app to do it and watch on demand on your ipad, iphone or android device.   It sounds to me like you are just trying to watch content on your pc from the xfinity tv web page is that correct? 

If your box isn't even recording your shows you have set unplug it wait two minutes plug it back in, let the guide repopulate then try it all over that usually fixes a lot of comcast issues.

New Poster

Sorry if I wasn't clear, so back to basics.  

I would like to manage my set top DVR from my PC.  That's the extent of what I want to do. I'm new at this, so it may be that I'm going about it the wrong way. 

As a step-by-step, here's what I'd like to do:

1.  ON my PC, go to http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv-listings

2.  Click on a listing.

3.  Click the Record button.

4.  Watch the show later on my set top box DVR some time after it has aired.

Is this possible, or must I manage my DVR from a smart phone?  I have  a smart phone, but I have no interest in watching TV on it or managing my DVR from it.  Do I need to install something on my PC?

Thanks for the tip on resetting the set top box.  I reset it, waited for the guide and set a show to record.  I'll let you know if it's successful.

New Poster

The show I set to record did not get recorded.  Smiley Sad

New Poster

I did the same had the same problem. when i was fiddlin around i noticed on my acc homepage in the right corner of my screen, it said profile set up and had a % of completion. i clicked on dropdown arrow, chose "set up dvrmanager and presto! it worked from there. still cant get my box recognized though

Silver Problem Solver

stupid question but is there any reason you just dont set up recordings on your cable box?

Discussion stats
  • 12 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation