Live TV streaming not working site just freezes up 

New Poster

Re: live streaming not working site just freezes up

Same!

Service Expert

@paulpuckett wrote:

is it working today? if not can you describe what happens? error message?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

@Rustyben wrote:

@paulpuckett wrote:

Sunday 3-18 No it isn't working today.

Xfinity streaming  from the xfinity website to PC Windows 10

1. :Live TV: works fine.
  2. "Browse Movies" works fine,
  3. older programs posted before this Saturday's content--3-17--  (ie  Friday, 3-16 Thursday, 3-15 and before),  play fine.
  4. The problematic "Browse TV" programs are Saturday's programs 3-17.

When I attempt to stream "Browse TV" on demand , after a few seconds, the content  jumps ahead wildly several seconds at a time, plays a few seconds then freezes..  If I refresh and try again, it may play for a few seconds and then repeat either freezing or jumping ahead the freezing.  I have tried all my browsers...Google (usually used) Firefox Edge IE...all the same.  I have tried all different programs, from different channels.  I have deleted all  cookies and restarted my computer.  Nothing affects this problem.

I have attached a snip of one of the programs that I have tried multiple times without sucess so that you can check if desired. When I try to stream this exact program on my ipad, I get this error code: Playback Issue 101000.106000 An iOS system error has occurred. Most likely something is wrong with this stream. Try a different program."  I tried a USA program with the same error code. 

When I stream the program from the actual ie TLC, the program plays appropriately. It is only when I try to stream via the xfinity app that the problem occurs. 

If I am reading between the lines in comments, there was an upgrade to the website. When this has happened before, there are always problems that are eventually resolved by Comcast after some time...even days.

Here is a video I recorded and posted to youtube to share to demo what is happening...I have the curser showing so that you can see what I tried to get it to work.....https://youtu.be/SG69XS6Mjfg

tv.JPG
Service Expert

@Pandafan wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@paulpuckett wrote:

Sunday 3-18 No it isn't working today.

Xfinity streaming  from the xfinity website to PC Windows 10

1. :Live TV: works fine.
  2. "Browse Movies" works fine,
  3. older programs posted before this Saturday's content--3-17--  (ie  Friday, 3-16 Thursday, 3-15 and before),  play fine.
  4. The problematic "Browse TV" programs are Saturday's programs 3-17.

When I attempt to stream "Browse TV" on demand , after a few seconds, the content  jumps ahead wildly several seconds at a time, plays a few seconds then freezes..  If I refresh and try again, it may play for a few seconds and then repeat either freezing or jumping ahead the freezing.  I have tried all my browsers...Google (usually used) Firefox Edge IE...all the same.  I have tried all different programs, from different channels.  I have deleted all  cookies and restarted my computer.  Nothing affects this problem.

I have attached a snip of one of the programs that I have tried multiple times without sucess so that you can check if desired. When I try to stream this exact program on my ipad, I get this error code: Playback Issue 101000.106000 An iOS system error has occurred. Most likely something is wrong with this stream. Try a different program."  I tried a USA program with the same error code. 

When I stream the program from the actual ie TLC, the program plays appropriately. It is only when I try to stream via the xfinity app that the problem occurs. 

If I am reading between the lines in comments, there was an upgrade to the website. When this has happened before, there are always problems that are eventually resolved by Comcast after some time...even days.

Here is a video I recorded and posted to youtube to share to demo what is happening...I have the curser showing so that you can see what I tried to get it to work.....https://youtu.be/SG69XS6Mjfg

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

Thank you!  I didn't know how to get to them. Smiley Happy 

New Poster

I am also having issues watching recordings on my computer. They havent been jumping ahead rather it will pause for 30 or more seconds then play for 30 and so on. I have checked my internet setting and that is not the issue. If I stream a live program I do not seam to have as many issues.

Official Employee

Hello all,

If you experience an issue with the XFINITY Stream website or app - please send me a private message and include:

- Your full name, the account holder's name as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number

- The detailed explanation of the issue: when and what asset you tried, what browser you tried, in-home or out-home view. 

@Pandafan - Thank you for providing the information. I checked "Say Yes to the Dress" S16 Ep10 on my iPhone - didn't get any issues. Do you still get an error message? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation