New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

ipad App OnDemand Subscription Error

ANSWERED
New Poster

ipad App OnDemand Subscription Error

I am receiving the following error while trying to access a tv show in OnDemand: "A subscription is required to watch this program". The channel is not a premium channel, it is ABC. This is happening on both the Ipad 2 and the iphone 4s. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Accepted Solution

Re: ipad App OnDemand Subscription Error

Hi Joe,

I am going into the OnDemand option of the ipad app and selecting 'WatchOn".  It should then trigger the OnDemand screen on the TV, which then gives you the option to select "Play".  However, it is currently not triggering the TV.  I was able to remove the sub error by going into the DVR manager on the website and verifying that the "TV Control" option was selected. 

Thanks!

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

UPDATE: I have been able to remove the error but now it says "Now playing on....." and it is not showing on the tv.
Official Employee

Aer06 wrote:
I am receiving the following error while trying to access a tv show in OnDemand: "A subscription is required to watch this program". The channel is not a premium channel, it is ABC. This is happening on both the Ipad 2 and the iphone 4s. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you trying to watch videos from your iPad Safari browser or through the Xfinity TV App? I ask becasue you can only watch videos through the Xfinity TV App under Play Now.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi Joe,

I am going into the OnDemand option of the ipad app and selecting 'WatchOn".  It should then trigger the OnDemand screen on the TV, which then gives you the option to select "Play".  However, it is currently not triggering the TV.  I was able to remove the sub error by going into the DVR manager on the website and verifying that the "TV Control" option was selected. 

Thanks!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation