Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

if one more comcast dimwit tells me "it's your browser," i'm leaving comcast.

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

if one more comcast dimwit tells me "it's your browser," i'm leaving comcast.

cannot access tv favs, so carefully ordered, so frequently relied on (for good reasons), and after investigating the unrepentent, repeated ad nauseum, error message maligning my browser... reloading, even replacing the aforementioned browser... no change.  decided to chat online with a comcast braniac who repeated, robotically, that the error must be in my browser... 

scraped my brain off the ceiling.  rebooted the whole doggone system, reinspected my ultra-healthy browser... same stupid error message.  

thank you for allowing me to share this ridiculous problem with you.

Accepted Solution

Re: if one more comcast dimwit tells me "it's your browser," i'm leaving co

hi, i'm the person who originated this thrilling discussion.

it's very kind of you to take such an IT, patient, calm approach to what proved to be a bald-faced comcast lie.

the problem confronted both computer users in our home, and we have different browsers.  that should instantly solve a lot of this... as should the fact that the problem "disappeared" the following day, without any changes on our part to computers, routers, networks, nada, zilch.  it was a freaking comcast miracle.

but for some reason, i will answer your questions.  i think it is because you are so polite and helpful.

he uses IE8, and i use chrome -- which automaically updates, so i dunno what version was in use that day.  despite our mutual OS and his use of IE, we are rabidly opposed to all things microsoft.  [non-comcast editorial comment!]  we each have other browsers. i don't use mine... although i'd bet he switches back and forth from IE to chrome due to pure forgetfulness. i have used both to watch streaming and recorded video with no problems at all.  as for the "step-by-step" tv-watching request? sorry! i do it like you do it.

this probably ought to kill this thread.  problem solved.  it was a comcast error, and a lazy comcast customer service person who decided to make it ridiculously worse.

but thanks for your efforts!

View answer in context
New Poster

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever get any relief?

Problem Solver

squareruth wrote:

I am having the same problem.  Did you ever get any relief?

I am not sure the person that started this question is here. I will try to help you if you want. I am NOT a Comcast employee, I am a Comcast customer just like you. I NEED YOU TO ANSWER A FEW QUESTIONS TO GET STARTED.

I promise not to just blame your browser. We will check a few things on your browser just to eliminate that a setting is not right.

Try to answer all the questions. It is important that I know exactly what you are using,

What is your operating system?  (Windows 7  for example)

Which browser and version are you using?  (Internet Explorer 9 for example)

Do you have another browser and have you tried to use it to watch video? (Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome for example)

From the first page you usually see when you log in (the home page) tell me step by step how you access the program you want to watch. (do you click on WATCH TV at the top of the screen to start, then what is next?)

This last question is very important. How long have you been having problems watching Xfinity TV online?      (all the questions are important because my system is almost always different from yours, I might have to look up information on your system and browsers - ok).

Frequent Visitor

hi, i'm the person who originated this thrilling discussion.

it's very kind of you to take such an IT, patient, calm approach to what proved to be a bald-faced comcast lie.

the problem confronted both computer users in our home, and we have different browsers.  that should instantly solve a lot of this... as should the fact that the problem "disappeared" the following day, without any changes on our part to computers, routers, networks, nada, zilch.  it was a freaking comcast miracle.

but for some reason, i will answer your questions.  i think it is because you are so polite and helpful.

he uses IE8, and i use chrome -- which automaically updates, so i dunno what version was in use that day.  despite our mutual OS and his use of IE, we are rabidly opposed to all things microsoft.  [non-comcast editorial comment!]  we each have other browsers. i don't use mine... although i'd bet he switches back and forth from IE to chrome due to pure forgetfulness. i have used both to watch streaming and recorded video with no problems at all.  as for the "step-by-step" tv-watching request? sorry! i do it like you do it.

this probably ought to kill this thread.  problem solved.  it was a comcast error, and a lazy comcast customer service person who decided to make it ridiculously worse.

but thanks for your efforts!

Problem Solver

Hi profderien,

Because I have seen so little sucess helping others in this area (problems watching video).

I have decided to make it my specialty, I can not do any worse than the others that have tried to answer these questions.

Look I understand not liking the GIANT Microsoft. But I want to offer yyou a link to Micrssoft Fix It a site that has 27 different automatic repair options.

This site only works on Windows 7 or Vista systems. If you have one of those systems let me know and I will post the link.  LET YOUR HUSBAND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU WANT, HE IS USED TO DOING THE DISTASTEFUL JOBS LIKE TAKING OUT THE TRASH. LOL  

If I do not here back from you good luck and God bless.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation