New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iPhone XFinity App - Wi Fi only?

Contributor

iPhone XFinity App - Wi Fi only?

Hi,

Is the XFinity TV app only able to stream TV shows and Content over a wi fi network?  I just tried to use the new Streampix feature, but it says I need to be connected to a Wi Fi network.  Am I doing something wrong? Or will it not work over 3G?

I do not really see the point of having the service on the iPhone if you cannot stream over 3G to watch while on the go.  I am able to stream over 3G for Netflix and Hulu Plus though.

Thanks,

Ben

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: iPhone XFinity App - Wi Fi only?

bchapman12 wrote:

Hi,

Is the XFinity TV app only able to stream TV shows and Content over a wi fi network?  I just tried to use the new Streampix feature, but it says I need to be connected to a Wi Fi network.  Am I doing something wrong? Or will it not work over 3G?

I do not really see the point of having the service on the iPhone if you cannot stream over 3G to watch while on the go.  I am able to stream over 3G for Netflix and Hulu Plus though.

Thanks,

Ben

Video playback currently only works over a WiFi connection and not 3G.

Many places offer free WiFi hotspots. Check your device to see if there are any free hotspots near by.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Joe,

The only thing that is keeping me from cancelling Neflix is that fact that we can't stream tv shows or movies over 3G.   Why does Comcast require WIFI?

Thanks,

Tim

New Poster

How do I run xfinity on 3G?
New Poster

I ride the bus into seattle for work each day and I am able to stream HBO GO, NetFlix, Showtime Anytime, Hulu, etc. over 4G.  Why does XFinity require WiFi?  There is no technical reason for this.  I have unlimited data.  Give me my shows.  You need to fix this.

Frequent Visitor

I agree ... the app is of little use when you can't use the XFinity TV GO on the "GO"

Please fix!

New Poster

I have 4g on my phone and stream netflx easily. It is really frustrating to not have the option to use my 4g unlimited data. Please provide a valid reason for why we have to use wifi or unlock it with data usage disclaimer for those customers without unlimited data
New Poster

XFinity I'm so disappointed. Have had direct tv and was able to stream on my iphone4G. I was excited that I was able to talk my husband into going back to comcast. Please fix this!!!

Not so excited anymore

Problem Solver

swfloridagirl wrote:

XFinity I'm so disappointed. Have had direct tv and was able to stream on my iphone4G. I was excited that I was able to talk my husband into going back to comcast. Please fix this!!!

Not so excited anymore

This is a very old thread; the comment from way back in February may no longer be true.  Have you tried to install the "Xfinity TV Go" app from iTunes? I don't have an iPhone myself, but according to this Comcast web page, it might be available.  I have the app on both my Android tablet (Wifi) and 3G phone (but I honestly do not use it often on the phone). 

New Poster

Need wifi for xfinity to go 😡😡😡
Very deceiving , why call it to go
Easy fix c'mon this app stinks
Should take some money off my bill
New Poster

This is a BS reply Comcast, even a year later....WIFI should NOT be required. I have umlimited data, so give your customers what they want. This really doesn't make any sense - it's still required to have WIFI today...

New Poster

Is unbelievable, we are in 2014, and can not use Xfinity on the "Go",that name does not apply to this. All the others works the app. Comcast this is BS! I'm changing to the competition. We are in 2014! Plenty of technology!
New Poster

To go, means just that, to go. Wifi isn't to go. Learn what to go means. just another reason Comcast is a shady, misleading provider.
Regular Visitor

I also have a unlimited plan and would like to see comcast remove the wifi only. I don't understand why it can not be changed to an option under the parent controls if that is a concern, and a warning message like all other providers offer. It is not comcast responsibilty to control what we use our phone data plans for.

I too would like a reson if this option is not going to be removed

Regular Visitor

Xfinity To Go!!!!*

*(to go on any wifi you can
jack or pay for even though Hulu Netflix HBO Go
and YouTube or dozens of other services don't
require wifi. You're just awful!)