Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iPad app error after delete and reload could not create login url for partner

New Poster

iPad app error after delete and reload could not create login url for partner

After multiple days of the iPad app not loading I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. Now I cannot open the app at all. I get the following message. "Could not create login URL for partner [comcast

Regular Contributor

Re: iPad app error after delete and reload could not create login url for partner

Hello pctn,

We were able to perform some troubleshoot steps and it has been determined that a Tier III representative will be in contact with you regarding your service issue. If you have any additional questions or concerns please let us know.

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: iPad app error after delete and reload could not create login url for partner

Same issue here - Was trying to figure out why no access to DVR recordings through TV app.  Deleted from device, reinstalled and same error.  Problem is repeatable, iPad and iPhone both.  Is there any update on this issue?

IMG_1717.jpg
New Poster

I'm getting the same exact error. Also comes up as 'not initialized.'

image.png
New Poster

I am having the same issue.

New Poster

So what is the fix?

New Poster

Has there been a fix for this?  I am having the same issue.

New Poster

Same issues. Was this problem ever solved by Comcast/XFINITY. Would someone please provide a reliable solution? Thanks!
Official Employee

MDPHD97 wrote:
Same issues. Was this problem ever solved by Comcast/XFINITY. Would someone please provide a reliable solution? Thanks!

I'm sorry you're having trouble. Here are a few ideas about possible causes:

• Ensure you have the latest version of the app on your device and that it meets the minimum system requirements (currently iOS 9+, for example). If you have an old version of the app, it won't work because we have updated the sign-in method to one that is more secure.
  • The new sign-in method uses "Safari View Controller" (iOS) and "Chrome Custom Tabs" (Android) to prompt for password. If you have your default browser set to something other than Safari (iOS) or Chrome (Android) this may cause a conflict.
  • Try to sign in again after a few minutes. The authentication servers sometimes get overloaded during peak times.  Rare, but it happens.

Hope this helps.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon