New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iPad app True Blood

ANSWERED
New Poster

iPad app True Blood

The episodes contine to freeze on the iPad app. S1ep9 has frozen 8 times and I am not halfway through it.
Accepted Solution

Re: iPad app True Blood

Hi all,

Please try watching True Blood episodes on your iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod) device again and let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

View answer in context
New Poster

Xfinity App Problems

I just downloading the Xfinity app on my IPad, and I am trying to watch the first season of True Blood. I have watched episode 1 & 2 and, I have not been able to finish them. Multiple times basically half way through the show stops playing, I re-start it but again it stops playing, my Internet is running fine, so for some reason the app is not letting me watch the whole show...I just want to watch True Blood and do not understand why it won't let me finish an episode? Help please?
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity App Problems

try clearing your cookies and cache.  Then restart your ipad.   try going right next to your router and see if that makes a difference

New Poster

I tried what you said, and even uninstalled then reinstalled app, still not working. Stops playing at the same point
Silver Problem Solver

does it do it with any other show?  sometimes more than not its a problem on comcasts end.   Can you watch it on your pc or tv?

New Poster

I don't have computer because I use iPad, and on demand on tv doesn't have seasons 1-3, so I don't know, I will try another show on HBO, and see what happens.
New Poster

Just watched a whole episode of entourage, show it must just be the True Blood episodes...hopefully it gets fixed I'd like to watch them
Official Employee

Jakebennett1989 wrote:
I just downloading the Xfinity app on my IPad, and I am trying to watch the first season of True Blood. I have watched episode 1 & 2 and, I have not been able to finish them. Multiple times basically half way through the show stops playing, I re-start it but again it stops playing, my Internet is running fine, so for some reason the app is not letting me watch the whole show...I just want to watch True Blood and do not understand why it won't let me finish an episode? Help please?

At what point into the episodes is it stopping at? The same spot every time? Same amount of minutes into each one? Please be as specific as possible.

It stopped in the middle of episodes 1 & 2 but have you tried any other True Blood episodes?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

i am having the exact same problem with Game of thrones season 2 episode 4.  It stops at the same exact spot every time.  If i drag the progress bar beyond the point at which it stops, it will play a bit longer but then it eventually closes the app on it's own. 

I can watch other shows and movies without issues. 

i cleared the cache and delted all available devices from the comcast webpage and that did not help. 

any ideas?

thanks-

Official Employee

sgraham333 wrote:

i am having the exact same problem with Game of thrones season 2 episode 4.  It stops at the same exact spot every time.  If i drag the progress bar beyond the point at which it stops, it will play a bit longer but then it eventually closes the app on it's own. 

I can watch other shows and movies without issues. 

i cleared the cache and delted all available devices from the comcast webpage and that did not help. 

any ideas?

thanks-

What spot in minutes and seconds does it stop at?

Do the other episodes work correctly for you?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hi,

There were no issues up until Season 2, Episode 3.  I do not remember what the time stamp was for those errors. 

As for Season 2, episode 4 seems to have an issue between 8:11 and 8:23 (roughly)  Is that specific enough for you to diagnose?

New Poster

there is also an issue at 23:41 and again near to 23:52

Official Employee

sgraham333 wrote:

there is also an issue at 23:41 and again near to 23:52

Thank you for this information.

Our team is further looking into this issue now and I will update you when I learn more.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

Jakebennett1989 wrote:

This issue for the True Blood episodes has been resolved. Try these episodes again and let me know if they are working for you.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Hey guys, does the previous response in regards to true blood mean that the issue has been identified? I found another instance of the app suddenly shutting off in Season 2, episode 5. Thanks.
New Poster

Forgot to give you the time stamp. Season 2 episode 5 @ 5:42 or somewhere close thereabouts.
Official Employee

sgraham333 wrote:
Forgot to give you the time stamp. Season 2 episode 5 @ 5:42 or somewhere close thereabouts.

I cannot duplicate this issue.

Are you still seeing this issue in Season 2/Episode 5? Are other episodes giving you a similar problem?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

sgraham333 wrote:

This issue is now resolved also. Game of Thrones Season 2/Episode 4 is now working.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Thank you for continuing to review this problem. Yes, there are still issues. can you please check 9:27 of the same episode? It freezes at that point.
New Poster

Season 2/episode 5.
Official Employee

sgraham333 wrote:
Season 2/episode 5.

I have our team further looking into this. I will update you when it is fixed.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Multiple episodes of game of thrones on the exact same time episode 4 and 6 we got thru with advancing the time bar but extremely annoying for a 1 hr show to take >2 hrs to play.
New Poster

My wife and I are also trying to watch the true blood series season 4 and are having issues with episodes 1,2,3,& 5. I don't know the exact time stamps, but episode 5 quit on us about 15-20 times. It's very frustrating to keep restarting the app and try to skip the time ahead of where the video freezes. It would be nice to just watch this on demand or online on our computer if this is a problem with the ipad2 app. We'll attempt to watch episode 6 later this weekend and I will try to keep track of the glitch times so comcast can attempt to fix those problems for future viewers.
New Poster

Same problem here, about six minutes into s4ep11. Have you gotten any help from Comcast?
New Poster

Lots of phone calls, but no solution.
Silver Problem Solver

its probably just an issue at comcasts end.  Wait for comcast joe to come back and he will look into it.

New Poster

I am new to this forum. who is Comcast Joe?
Silver Problem Solver

he is a comcast employee who looks into things about the tv app and the online tv viewing. 

Official Employee

Hi all,

Thank you for alerting us about these issues.

I have tested the True Blood episodes you have posted and could duplicate these issues. Our team is currently looking into all True Blood episodes.

When there is an update to this issue, I will notify this thread.

Thank you for the feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

When do you expect it to be resolved? True Blood is still not working as of last night.
Regular Visitor

Hi,

I was getting the same issue with my wife Ipad 2 but was running my PC laptop with no problems. Her Ipad hung on True Blood and I notice the wireless signal was weak when it hung. I walk it to the room where the strength was strong and it started playing again. I went to another room where it was once again weak and it hung. I walk back to the room where the signal was strong and it started playing again. It seems to me the Ipads can not function with a low signal for internet compare to a regular laptop. Try this everyone..... it works for me

Nighthawk

New Poster

Thank you. It happens right next to the router with a strong signal, unfortunately.
Regular Visitor

Hello,

Your right it did hang for me in front of the router. So I downloaded the app for HBO on the GO and watch True Blood from there. I have watch 3 episodes and no hanging. Give that a try.........

Nighthawk has Nightvision...........

Regular Visitor

Hello,

Your right it did hang for me in front of the router. So I downloaded the app for HBO on the Go and watch True Blood from there. I have watch 3 episodes and no hanging. Give that a try.........

Nighthawk has Nightvision...........

Official Employee

Hi all,

Please try watching True Blood episodes on your iOS (iPad, iPhone, iPod) device again and let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.