New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iPad and iPod apps show Data Unavailable

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

iPad and iPod apps show Data Unavailable

The Xfinity TV App is showing "Data Unavailable - We're experiencing some difficulties" and the TV listings do not display. This has been for a couple of days. It's happening on two iPads and an iPod.
Accepted Solution

Re: iPad and iPod apps show Data Unavailable

I would clear cookies and cache, and also go to settings on the apple products and then in the app settings itself you can clear all data.  Also sign in and out of the app.  If that does not work.  Then deleted the app, do all the previous things again then download it.

View answer in context
Silver Problem Solver

I would clear cookies and cache, and also go to settings on the apple products and then in the app settings itself you can clear all data.  Also sign in and out of the app.  If that does not work.  Then deleted the app, do all the previous things again then download it.

Frequent Visitor

I was surprised, but this seemed to work. Thanks! The app on the second device was newly installed. Do all devices point to a single data source? That is, clearing it for one clears for all?
Silver Problem Solver

no.   the data such as cookies and cache and the app settings are stored locally on the device and must be done on each device. It is a stupid fix but it works.  I think the data gets corrupted after a while and with all the app updates and the versions things turn into a kind of soup and need to be reset every once in a while.  That is my experience.  i am glad it worked for you.  Please post this thread as solved so others will not post here.

Connection Expert

rog286713 wrote:

Please post this thread as solved so others will not post here.

FWIW and in my experience that has never before stopped anyone from doing so...

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation