New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

iPad Update of Xfinity TV App

ANSWERED
Contributor

iPad Update of Xfinity TV App

My Xfinity TV app updated on my iPad yesterday, June 2, 2015, and I can no longer access live TV on the iPad. It was working fine on the prior app version. I have the X1 platform with cloud service and I tried to sign in on the app because after the update, because the app no longer took me directly to live TV. I thought maybe the update required a simple new sign in and all would be well. It now has me stuck in the perpetual loop where it congratulates me that the service is available and invites me to try again or call. The last thing I want to do is call and endure the purgatory of Comcast customer service. Has anyone else had problems with the app since the June 2 update?

Accepted Solution

Re: iPad Update of Xfinity TV App

ComcastChad,

Never mind. When I tried again this morning after I sent my most recent message to you, the app worked fine again! So, problem solved. Thank you for your prompt responses, both I June and now. 

Mike Brandt

View answer in context
Official Employee

mbrandt151 wrote:

My Xfinity TV app updated on my iPad yesterday, June 2, 2015, and I can no longer access live TV on the iPad. It was working fine on the prior app version. I have the X1 platform with cloud service and I tried to sign in on the app because after the update, because the app no longer took me directly to live TV. I thought maybe the update required a simple new sign in and all would be well. It now has me stuck in the perpetual loop where it congratulates me that the service is available and invites me to try again or call. The last thing I want to do is call and endure the purgatory of Comcast customer service. Has anyone else had problems with the app since the June 2 update?

Are you still seeing this issue?  Your account has the proper entitlements to stream live TV.    Did you try deleting and re-installing the app?

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

My update didnt go very well either today.  Today I had video but no sound.  I closed the app, rebooted, signed out, pretty much everythign I can think of.

So then I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now it cant add my iPad as a device. Error 11005

Ughhh

Contributor

Comcast Chad,
I'm traveling, away from my home network, and I'm returning on Monday, June 8. I think I already tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but I'll try agin when I return home. Thanks for your interest and for the reply. I'll let you know.
Mike B.
Official Employee

mbrandt151 wrote:
Comcast Chad,
I'm traveling, away from my home network, and I'm returning on Monday, June 8. I think I already tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but I'll try agin when I return home. Thanks for your interest and for the reply. I'll let you know.
Mike B.

There is a known outage that is causing the 11005 errors, which is a back office provisioning error.  Our engineering teams are aware and workign on a a fix ASAP.

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

OK, thanks. It's still showing an Error 11005, even after I deleted and reinstalled the app tonight, June 7, 2015.
I'll try again every few days.
Contributor

My Xfinity TV app was updated again today, August 27, 2015, on my iPad and I can't see live TV again. It's exactly the same result as the June 2, 2015 update which I posted about (above) on June 3, 2015. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but no luck (unless you include bad luck). The June 2 update eventually started to work, after 3 weeks or so. If ComcastChad is still on the case, maybe he can let me know what he thinks.....

Official Employee

mbrandt151 wrote:

My Xfinity TV app was updated again today, August 27, 2015, on my iPad and I can't see live TV again. It's exactly the same result as the June 2, 2015 update which I posted about (above) on June 3, 2015. I tried deleting and reinstalling the app, but no luck (unless you include bad luck). The June 2 update eventually started to work, after 3 weeks or so. If ComcastChad is still on the case, maybe he can let me know what he thinks.....

Is there a particular error code you are seeing?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

No, just the screen that starts out: "Good News!"

I've tried to attach a screen shot of the Good News! Page, but I don't know if the attachment will work.

image.jpg
Contributor

ComcastChad,

Never mind. When I tried again this morning after I sent my most recent message to you, the app worked fine again! So, problem solved. Thank you for your prompt responses, both I June and now. 

Mike Brandt

Frequent Visitor

comcastchad, 

I am having a similar problem in that my app stopped working after the recent update.  The error that I'm getting is "subscription required error 12012".  I have the correct subcription.  Please help?

Regular Visitor

I am having a similar problem. My xfinity tv apps (as well as the xfinity tv web version on my pc) no longer recognizes that it is connected to my home network (even though I am at home). I have updated all my software on the ipad, rebooted my ipad all to no avail. Can you help?

Official Employee

tfedd3 wrote:

I am having a similar problem. My xfinity tv apps (as well as the xfinity tv web version on my pc) no longer recognizes that it is connected to my home network (even though I am at home). I have updated all my software on the ipad, rebooted my ipad all to no avail. Can you help?

This is a known issue, our teams are aware and working on a fix. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Regular Visitor

Okay...so nothing I can do right now. Do you have any sense of a time frame for a fix?

Thanks

Frequent Visitor

My tv app on my all my iPads will not work. I can only get a few channels. This is about the 4th time having this issue. What can I do?

Frequent Visitor

Any update on this?  I still only have a portion of my channels on my iPad tv app.  This is frustrating. 

Admin1

bweymo -- I placed a data refresh for your account. Check on this in a couple hours to see if you're still having the same issue. You also might try uninstall/reinstall the app. 

Community Icon

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, it's still not working. I've also deleted and reinstalled the app which didn't work either. 

Official Employee

I've escalated your issue to our ops teams for investigation. Can you provide specific examples of what channels are not working?

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Frequent Visitor

2,4-17. No local channels. 

Frequent Visitor

Chad, 

Someone was working on this and then said it was fixed.  I left a message back for them that it was still not fixed and never heard back.  In the meantime, my TV app still doesn't work.  This is very frustrating.  Please have someone fix this once and for all.  

Regular Visitor

I have a newly installed X1 box and when I try to log in to the app all I get is the "Good news! Service is available in your area" message too. Any resolve to this issue?

Admin1

nperson -- Your user ID was linked to two accounts. It has now been linked to only your active account. Can you see if that makes a difference when trying to use that App? 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Contributor

Comcast Chad,
I just got a new iPad Pro and I can't access the Xfinity TV app. I get the Good News! screen, but not live TV. The app worked OK on my prior iPad Air, after several operational problems, especially when the app updated. I tried to delete and re-download the app several times on the iPad Pro, but no luck. Any suggestions?

Admin1

mbrandt151 -- I've sent this to our App team to review. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.