Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

how does queue work?

Contributor

how does queue work?

I've added moview to my queue that aren't available right now.  How will I know if a movie is scheduled?  Do I get some sort of notification?

Regular Contributor

Re: how does queue work?

I thought the queue would be handy,but since Comcast wants to squeeze every penny out of their customers I found it really doesn't. Here is an example. I had a movie called Red Riding Hood which premiered on HBO Saturday night. Before looking it up in the listings,knowing I had it in my queue I checked there first. The movie was listed as being unavailable when I checked it Friday morning,December 16. So I clicked on the title under unavailable,and it showed being available ON Demand,for a price of course,but no listings. It didn't show up in my queue for it's premiere on HBO until early Saturday morning when I checked. The queue would be useful if they listed a movie or series a few days in advance and not a few hours. At least for me I like setting something, 24hrs before it's scheduled to air. Don't rely on the queue to tell you when something is coming up. It doesn't notify you either when something you have there is available.

Contributor

It's not very useful if it doesn't notify you when something has become available.  I wonder what's the point, then?

Regular Contributor

I 100% agree with you Birdlover.   Maybe the queue is still in a beta stage of development,but it should say that somewhere?  The way it is now though it's no use at all and you're better off just checking the listings,which isn't always reliable here either. I've been going to an outside source from Comcast/TV Guide for the TV listings then coming back here to set it  up for a dvr recording,if it even shows it's available here yet?

Zap2It

Oh and the Red Riding Hood movie wasn't the first one that didn't show up as being unavailable in the queue, when it was. There's been several others.

Regular Visitor

i've just spoken to comcast about the queue and they were no help at all. one thing you can do is go to ON DEMAND, select MOVIES and then select TRAILERS AND REVIEWS. and then select COMING UP ON DEMAND. comcast has recently started listing the startdates for forthcoming ON DEMAND movies (eg., Drive will be starting on 1/31

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation