Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

how can I get my daughter in another city comcast xfinity for her computer only

New Poster

how can I get my daughter in another city comcast xfinity for her computer only

Is it possible to add my daughter to my comcast account so she can have computer wifi service only? She lives in another city.

Problem Solver

Re: how can I get my daughter in another city comcast xfinity for her computer only

No. She would need to get a Comcast account of her own.

You should already know what type of account was needed for you to use Xfinity.

Problem Solver

Re: how can I get my daughter in another city comcast xfinity for her computer only

"Xfinity Instant TV Beta" just being offered by Comcast might be a lower cost option for her.

Check the new post on top of the list on this part of forum (Xfinity Stream Website).

Official Employee

Hi bluecedar1, you can assist your daughter with getting set up with Comcast internet. The best way to do this is by going online to our website at www.comcast.com and click "shop/upgrade" from there you can add any other the services we provide. If you already have Comcast services and she just wants to view your account while away from home online then you would just need to create a username/password for her online. This way she can watch thousands of titles from on demand and recorded content from your DVR. If she wanted to view live shows then she would have to be within your home network. Please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation