Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

grid won't display

Frequent Visitor

grid won't display

about two weeks ago, the grid stopped filling in.  The form is there, but no information shows.

New Poster

Re: grid won't display

menu guide only says 'to be announced', also, no on demand.

Frequent Visitor

I don't even have "to be announced".  All I have is a big empty gray square.

Silver Problem Solver

cornorstone

Are you talking about the online tv listing? What browser are you using. Every once in a while that site won't work with a browser.

Sometimes it won't work with Firefox, then it won't work with Internet Explorer, etc, etc.

First clear your browser cache and history then try the site again. Old cookies can cause that issue also.

Contributor

I have the same problem as comonguy does.

Clearing the browser history and cookies does nothing to cure the problem.

It has been like this for about 3 weeks.

New Poster

Mine too.

New Poster

Mine too!

Silver Problem Solver

yegua

Yeah, sometimes that doesn't help by clearing the cookies. I had it work once but at times I have just tried another browser.

Zap2It.com has a good online tv listing. It has less issues with things like "to be announced" in the grid and other things.

Frequent Visitor

yes, I'm, talking about the online TV listing.  I'm using IE 10.  browser cache, history & cookies have all been cleared.  still no joy.

Contributor

Thanks very much for your comments, although they didn't help my specific situation.

Frankly, I don't understand why this problem exists in the first place. It worked fine for years, then all of a sudden, without MY changing ANYTHING, it quits working. That means Comcast changed something, and didn't bother to tell me.

The way I found out was, I was trying to use the TV listings one day and it simply didn't work any more. Browser, schmouser. That explanation makes no sense! If that was the reason, then THOUSANDS of customers would be having the same problem!

When I go to the Comcast (Xfinity, Comfinity, X-cast, whatever) website, and I press the "TV Listings" button, I should get.....(wait for it).....TV LISTINGS! If they don't want to give me TV Listings, then they should just tell me so. 

Silver Problem Solver

Yeah, frustrating.

But there are a few reports on other forum sections where people have problems that appear all of a sudden with Comcast sites that may have worked one day with a particular browser and then the next day they don't. A different browser works. Some sort of updates that are not part of a customer notification that just happens.

Just for reference here is another thread

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/My-Xfinity-grid-for-TV-listings-will-not-load/m-p/143...

If you are still having problems contact Comcast via this route

Send an e-mail to this address

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

Contributor

Thanks for the link to the other thread. Apparently, this has been going on for a long time, and has never been resolved. I don't even get the message saying "reboot your browser" or "change your browser" or whatever the heck it says. I can't even change the location, because it does nothing when I click on that option. My son, a professional computer geek, looked at all the discussion threads, tried several browsers, and a bunch of other stuff, and NOTHING WORKED. Obviously, it is Comcast's fault, and obviously, they either can't, or do not want to fix it, which is pretty strange behavior for a company who charges me the obscene amount on my bill every month.

PLEASE, COMCAST! EITHER PROVIDE TV LISTINGS THAT WORK, OR REMOVE THE SILLY LITTLE BUTTON THAT SAYS "TV LISTINGS"! QUIT TORTURING PEOPLE. THERE IS SIMPLY NO GOOD REASON FOR THIS SADISTIC BEHAVIOR!

Frequent Visitor

just for grins & giggles, I installed firefox to see what would happen.  dog gone comcast tv grid works like a charm now.  I hate you, Comcast.

Regular Visitor

I've had similar problems for over a month. Tried all the "suggestions" from Comcast on a live chat (waste of time) and nothing worked.

In a perfect world--and as much as we pay monthly for the Triple Play from Comcast--this simple TV grid should work.

Contributor

To all of you who are still having problems with the online Comcast/Xfinity TV Listings grid not displaying:

Two techs just left my house a few minutes ago, after discovering what the problem was (in my case, anyway).

They pointed out that I needed to click on the "compatibility view" icon in the bar at the top of the web page, where the search and refresh icons are. The thing you are looking for looks like a little square that is fractured or torn in the middle.

Go to the listings grid, and if it is still just a gray box, click on the above-mentiod icon, and your program listings should appear. 

Frequent Visitor

I know what the compatibility view icon is supposed to look like, but I ain't got one.

Problem Solver

What about using other browsers, between IE, Firefox, Chrome (and even a few others like Opera) there are certainly enough out there to usually easily try a different one (if not two) to see if they might work better.

Frequent Visitor

pssst C_DM, read message #13 above

Regular Visitor

Yegua, Thanks so much for posting your solution!  I found the compatability view icon, clicked it and low-and-behold, I have my TV listing back.

Thanks again!

Problem Solver

cornorstone wrote:

pssst C_DM, read message #13 above

Right, but it seems there are still people posting without apparently seeing or trying any workarounds, which is why I made the post (again).