Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

finding tv listings on the website

New Poster

finding tv listings on the website

Where are TV Listings on the Comcast website?
Options
I'm on my apple laptop looking to see whats on TV tomorrow night so that I can watch it on my TV then.
I go to www.comcast.net and get switched over to xfinity.com
i hit TV icon to look at TV listings
A) it wants me to enable Flash Player ( a very insecure program, everybody is stopping using Flash)
it wants me to switch out of incognito mode

Then i get something eventually that looks like TV listings but where are all the missing channels???
 There is no PBS, nor CBS nor ABC or etc. Now I see QVC on 11, HSN on 16, USA on 29, etc etc --- which isn't my channels for those networks anyway.

How do I get the TV listing that I used to be able to get? 

I used to go to www.comcast.net, then hit the TV icon at top of page. If i got the listing for another Zip Code, I could change it to my Zip Code. Thats it. I could change the time or the date and see what is going to be on TV. If I watched something on my laptop then i had to enable the virus-prone Flash, but I never had to to see TV listings.

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: finding tv listings on the website

robinjeanruth wrote:

Where are TV Listings on the Comcast website?
Options
I'm on my apple laptop looking to see whats on TV tomorrow night so that I can watch it on my TV then.
I go to www.comcast.net and get switched over to xfinity.com
i hit TV icon to look at TV listings
A) it wants me to enable Flash Player ( a very insecure program, everybody is stopping using Flash)
it wants me to switch out of incognito mode

Then i get something eventually that looks like TV listings but where are all the missing channels???
 There is no PBS, nor CBS nor ABC or etc. Now I see QVC on 11, HSN on 16, USA on 29, etc etc --- which isn't my channels for those networks anyway.

How do I get the TV listing that I used to be able to get? 

I used to go to www.comcast.net, then hit the TV icon at top of page. If i got the listing for another Zip Code, I could change it to my Zip Code. Thats it. I could change the time or the date and see what is going to be on TV. If I watched something on my laptop then i had to enable the virus-prone Flash, but I never had to to see TV listings.

Comcast replaced the website a month ago. Most of the great features of the old one are gone. The channel lineup you get on the new site comes from your account info, you can't change it by zip anymore

Yes it requires flash, you can't jump around in time as easily

See a summary of changes here:
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

See most complaints here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Send your concerns here ecare@comcast.com and use the feedback button on the listings page

New Poster

I had the same issue (sort of) on my macbook with the live TV channel listings.

The problem is Google Chrome and its Flash. There is some issue with it and this website, maybe Chrome which updates flash automatically isnt quite up to date.

I have a secondary Web Browser I use to troubleshoot issues like these called Oprea.

I logged into tv.xfinity.com with Oprea, it suggested I update Flash which I did, and then re-launch the browser.

All of the local network channels appreared on the list which wernt showing up in Chrome.

It's just an issue with Chrome/Flash or Comcast with their site code. Use Oprea until they fix it (google or comcast).

I hope this helped.

Bronze Problem Solver

megamanx wrote:

I had the same issue (sort of) on my macbook with the live TV channel listings.

The problem is Google Chrome and its Flash. There is some issue with it and this website, maybe Chrome which updates flash automatically isnt quite up to date.

I have a secondary Web Browser I use to troubleshoot issues like these called Oprea.

I logged into tv.xfinity.com with Oprea, it suggested I update Flash which I did, and then re-launch the browser.

All of the local network channels appreared on the list which wernt showing up in Chrome.

It's just an issue with Chrome/Flash or Comcast with their site code. Use Oprea until they fix it (google or comcast).

I hope this helped.

The comcast tv website works on google chrome, just have to have the proper settings

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation