Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

error message 3222

New Poster

error message 3222

every time i try to play any movie it says, movie cannot be played error message 3222. I tried it on internet explorer, google chrome, and safari and none have been sucessfull. I also attempted to restart the browser, computer, and tried re logging on. Each attempt had failed. Can someone please help me, i just wanna watch the little fockers jeeeez!

New Poster

Re: error message 3222

I had the same problem, I did the same things trying to fix it.  What worked was clearing the history and cache.  Then my movie played.  Good luck!  Call comcast and tell them too, if it continues they will give you a service credit.

Official Employee

morgsignoriello,

Try clearing your cache and history and try again.

If that does not work, let me know; I will be able to further help you.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

XFINITY ERRORS, NO VIDEO PLAYBACK BOTH ONLINE AND ON TV

Having the same problem here, Xfinity fails to play any "Xfinity on-demand" video cast whatsoever, both on my brand new 55" Sony 3D TV and on the Internet through the Xfinity TV site. 

After waiting 5 minutes with my TV, all I end up with is an error message: "Error 3222"  Online, same thing, after logging in, it makes me wait forever, then throws up the same FAIL MESSAGE: "Error 3222, Video Playback Failed."

Sadly, there is no online help for "Error 3222" on Xfinity's online 'Help & Troubleshooting' section nor is there any explanation for it anywhere on the website.  The only way I found this post was quitting Xfinity and Googling "Error 3222" +Xfinity, the worthless Xfinity Help is also a worthless farce and virtually unsearchable, just another FAIL for the broken Xfinity.

I've tried 3 different browesers, Firefox, Win7 IE and Opera, nothing works so this ongoing, never-ending Xfinity problem is NOT on my end, even though there are no "known" outages.  Xfinity is BROKEN.  Cable TV (Non On-Demand) and Comcast Broadband BOTH work great, but Xfinity-anything, FAILS.

What's going on here?  Or better yet, why am I paying for Xfinity when it's CHRONICALLY UNAVAILABLE both online and off for subscribers?  Help!!

New Poster

What's a "service credit?"

Comcast Internet works fine, Comcast Cable works fine, I've just never been able to get Xfinity working BOTH online and offline (TV), would I qualify for a "service credit" just for that issue?  And what would I ask for?  I've requested my account to be prorated for various lost services in the past, but Comcast has always turned me down, is a 'service credit' the same thing?  How do I take no for an answer, I often feel I'm getting screwed because only half of Comcast ever works.  I've never actually seen Xfinity working yet.

Thanks for any help.

New Poster

So here's the EXACT Xfinity Error Message:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is no longer available. (Error 3222)

Please check back soon.

Every single episode, evrty single TV show, every video on Xfinity says it's, "No longer available."  I must have the worst timing, I keep missing the cvideos before they get deleted.  Apparenty, THERE IS NO CONTENT AVAILBLE ANYWHERE ON XFINITY, it's all just a marketing gimmick to lure new customers to base services.  Prove me otherwise.

Official Employee

RunningHoove,

Are you trying to watch videos from Xfinitytv.com on your 55" Sony 3D TV? If so, what is the full name of the TV?

I ask because Xfinitytv.com videos are currently not compatible with Sony Internet TVs with Google.

The current compatible platforms for video playback are: Macs, PCs, iPhones, iPads, Ipod Touches.

Our product team is always working hard trying to make more platforms and devices compatible. This will be taken under consideration for a future release.

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Error message 3222

This happens quite frequently, but this time it's persistent. Every time I try to play a tv show, I get:

This video cannot be played.

Sorry, this video is currently unavailable. (Error 3222)

Please check back soon.

I've logged out, and back in, refreshed relentlessly, cleared cookies and cache, and restarted the computer. Nothing is working. What is this error and why does it keep happening?

New Poster

Re: Error message 3222

I get the same error message on my MacBook Pro when trying to access TV shows. If there is a code for this error why doesn't your site have an explanation for it as well?

Official Employee

hbofan21,

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I keep getting the same error message 3222 when I play boarwalk empire from my que on xfinitytv. I also get it for other programs I try to watch. I closed my browser, restarted my laptop... its a Dell runs on windows 7, cleared my cache and signed out signed back in again and nothing is working,. It has been happening for a couple weeks now I am watching a show then suddenly it stops working about halfway through the episode... sometimes happens when I rewind or pause
My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.120.244.55 My operating system: Windows - rv:7.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 7 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.0 r1 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee

sheridawit wrote:
I keep getting the same error message 3222 when I play boarwalk empire from my que on xfinitytv. I also get it for other programs I try to watch. I closed my browser, restarted my laptop... its a Dell runs on windows 7, cleared my cache and signed out signed back in again and nothing is working,. It has been happening for a couple weeks now I am watching a show then suddenly it stops working about halfway through the episode... sometimes happens when I rewind or pause
My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 76.120.244.55 My operating system: Windows - rv:7.0.1 My web browser: Firefox 7 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:7.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/7.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.0 r1 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Have you tried watching any other videos? Do they play correctly?

Also try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98270 My Cable Provider: Comcast Marysville Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Bedroom, Living Room My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 50.132.55.254 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; MASM; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Official Employee

jnagabe wrote:

My Device Information My Zip Code: 98270 My Cable Provider: Comcast Marysville Digital My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: Bedroom, Living Room My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 50.132.55.254 My operating system: Windows -  Windows NT 6.1 My web browser: Explorer 9 - Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; BRI/2; MASM; .NET4.0C) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.0.60831.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled

Not all videos may be working on Internet Explorer 9 32-bit or 64-bit versions. Our team is currently working on this issue.

In the meantime, please use one of these browsers to watch videos:

Goggle Chrome 16

Safari 5.1

Firefox 8.0

Please go here to learn more and subscribe to the thread so you will be e-mailed when there are updates:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Online-Help/Internet-Explorer-9-not-playing-videos/td-p/11420...

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

this is very very very very very dissappointing its been down for like 4 days now, what the heck am I paying for this is outrageous every week there's an issue lace up and get stuff done i want to talk to someone about getting service credit, i come home everyday only asking for one thing and thats to watch my series that im paying you monkeys to service yet it never ever works

Official Employee

checkers32 wrote:

this is very very very very very dissappointing its been down for like 4 days now, what the heck am I paying for this is outrageous every week there's an issue lace up and get stuff done i want to talk to someone about getting service credit, i come home everyday only asking for one thing and thats to watch my series that im paying you monkeys to service yet it never ever works

Videos do work using Firefox 9, Chrome 16, and Safari 5.1. Please use one of these browsers as a workaround while we fix IE9.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I'm using chrome and getting this message with about half of the videos i try to watch. I've tried clearing everything and restartibg but this error 3222 keeps re-occuring.

Official Employee

linz_elk wrote:

I'm using chrome and getting this message with about half of the videos i try to watch. I've tried clearing everything and restartibg but this error 3222 keeps re-occuring.

Please try this and see if it works:

1. Clear your browser’s cache
  2. Clear your browser’s cookies
  3. Restart your browser
  4. Attempt to re-watch the same video that was previously resulting in an error.

If it doesn't, please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you. Please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch. 

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Google Chrome, 16.0.9 will work.  It seems the only time IE9 is unable to play the video is when it's tyring to check the parental settings, all other videos on the Xfinity site appear to be playing fine.  Thanks for the recommendation of Chrome.

New Poster

I get this error more often than not when trying to watch anything via xfinity.com - I have used every browser known to man!  I clear history, cookies, temp files, etc daily and still nothing.  It is super frustrating and gives me yet another reason to consider a new service provider.

Official Employee

Simply1Lola wrote:

I get this error more often than not when trying to watch anything via xfinity.com - I have used every browser known to man!  I clear history, cookies, temp files, etc daily and still nothing.  It is super frustrating and gives me yet another reason to consider a new service provider.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you. Please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Have you tried un-installing then re-installing Silverlight? Get step-by-step instructions here:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/help/technical-support/xfinity-tv-player/#silverlight-reinstall

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

This must be an extremely common occurrence.

I have tried clearing my internet cache, history, and cookies, while also trying different web browsers (Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer etc.) that have failed to fix this problem. I have the updated version of silverlight, updated Java plug-ins, and Adobe plug-ins, yet to no avail.

This is the URL that is failing to function:  http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/tv/Southland/103193/2209582940/Risk/videos

Please enlighten me with this particular problem, which interchanges with error message 570.

You have my full appreciation for addressing this matter.

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 36301 My Cable Provider: Comcast Dothan Digital My myDVR Manager Status: Activated My Set Top Box Names: Game My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: False Facebook Connect: Not Installed My public IP address: 68.59.70.204 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 17 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 4.1.10111.0 My flash version: 11.1 R102 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled

New Poster

As I begin to look in to the details of this error, it occurs to me that this error is a result of Comcast's technical difficulties. 

Graphics card (Driver) Updates :               UP TO DATE

Clear Internet History, Caches, Cookies :  COMPLETED

Microsoft Silverlight Version :                     UP TO DATE

Internet Explorer 9 (32 bit) :                       ERROR MESSAGE 3222

Internet Explorer 9 (64 bit) :                       ERROR MESSAGE 3222

Mozilla Firefox :                                          ERROR MESSAGE 3222

Google Chrome 17 :                                  ERROR MESSAGE 3222

Apple Safari :                                             ERROR MESSAGE 3222

Reinstalled Silverlight :                              COMPLETED/ERROR MESSAGE 3222

Modem Restart:                                         COMPLETED (3 TIMES)

Operating System Restart:                        COMPLETED (2 TIMES)

External Source Error :                              HIGHLY PROBABLE

New Poster

My Device Information My Zip Code: 55311 My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: activated My Set Top Box Names: DVR 1 My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 204.73.55.10 My operating system: Windows - Windows NT 5.1 My web browser: Explorer 8 - Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; FBSMTWB; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E) My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: Not Installed My Silverlight version: 5.0.61118.0 My flash version: 11.1 r102 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled