Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

error message 11700

Regular Visitor

error message 11700

Getting error message 11700 with my windows 7 PC via chrome and firefox. message is having trouble adding  device to account. tried customer support and chat and no resolution. Had problem a few years ago and tier advised if it happens again to advise rep of their resolution: deactivate coam(spelling is probably wrong) and reprovision. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: error message 11700

Russell5279 wrote:

Getting error message 11700 with my windows 7 PC via chrome and firefox. message is having trouble adding  device to account. tried customer support and chat and no resolution. Had problem a few years ago and tier advised if it happens again to advise rep of their resolution: deactivate coam(spelling is probably wrong) and reprovision. 

This error occurs if your account has exceeded the device limit.. Contact them again and refer them to thier oiwn support article: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xtv-app-errorcode-11700/

Official Employee

Re: error message 11700

Russell5279 wrote:

I've resolved this for you by removing all your existing PC devices from the database. Please ensure that you aren't deleting the cookies from xfinity.com. This will make it so you don't need to sign in every time you access the site and prevent you from hitting the device limit.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation