Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

error code 8006

New Poster

error code 8006

I am trying to watch a show on my computer and I keeping getting an error 8006 that it is currently not available but it is on the list of shows to watch. This has happened with the last 2 shown I tried to watch.

Tags (1)
New Poster

System Upgrading Message

I keep getting errors when watching tv online (Streampix and regular) and then the webpage reads 'system upgrading' on reload.  It's totally random, there's been no announcements about downed servers, and sometimes the message goes away if I reload the page again five minutes later.  What's up with the service breakdown?  It's really annoying to get a message saying 'please be a fan on facebook' when there's a giant error message with 'by the way, sorry your service doesn't work.'

Tags (1)
New Poster

error 8006

hi i watched 3 episodes of GIRLS and and it stopped playing and said i did not have an HBO subscription...which i do. i proceeded to exit out and start over. Now it is allowing me to click to play it, however it comes up with error 8006 and has told me to check back soon for the past 30 minutes.... is there something i need to do? 

New Poster

HBO show suddenly unavailable despite subscription

I've been watching a series on HBO on the Xfinity website with no problems for several days. When I went to watch another episode today, it started out fine. I paused the video and came back to it a while later, only to find that it would keep giving me error messages. Sometimes it was Error 8006, other times it said I had to sign up for HBO (which I specifically did this past weekend already), and sometimes it was a generic error message suggesting I try again later, that the video may have expired, or to refresh the page.

New Poster

Re: error code 8006

Happened to me, don't know what causes it. Just keep refreshing and it will work eventually (I had all the messages pop up refresh, come back later, ect).

Official Employee

Re: error code 8006

Hi all,

There was a service outage on our end that has been resolved.

Services should be restored now, but there may be some lingering effects as we investigate remaining issues.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon