Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

error code 106000.12

Regular Contributor

error code 106000.12

I am trying to watch a DVR recording on my laptop outside of home. I watched about half of one how, and now I get error code 106000.12. Repeated attempts to resume the show failed. I am able to watch other recordings. I have also had a lot of 102100.44 errors, but I can usually resume those shows. For what I pay for cable, I am sick and tired of all these errors.

Problem Solver

Re: error code 106000.12

swanda wrote:

I am trying to watch a DVR recording on my laptop outside of home. I watched about half of one how, and now I get error code 106000.12. Repeated attempts to resume the show failed. I am able to watch other recordings. I have also had a lot of 102100.44 errors, but I can usually resume those shows. For what I pay for cable, I am sick and tired of all these errors.

If its just failing on one recording, the recording is probably corrupt on your cloud dvr.

Regular Contributor

mvenanzi wrote:

swanda wrote:

If its just failing on one recording, the recording is probably corrupt on your cloud dvr.

Well, that's pretty much the level of service I've come to expect from Comcast.

New Poster

I am also experiencing the same issue watching at home on my desktop.

New Poster

This is my first time trying this "service," and it's not encouraging. I got the same error 3 times, about 5 minutes in, trying to watch a DVR recording on my desktop at home.

New Poster

Im getting the same error code.  Its not on just one recording.  This is the 3rd recording this has happened too.  Seems to happen near the last 15 minutes of the show.  It seems that the issue has started recently.  All the complaints on this issue seem to have started 10/2017

New Poster

I am getting this same error code 106000.12 on about 5 different shows over the last two weeks, on different channels and it can be 10 min in or 10 min from the end. There is no rhyme or reason to it, it just stops right in the middle of the show which is very aggravating. Xfinity or Comcast does not seem to care about their customers but then have they ever, going back to when they were Warner cable, nothing but problem after problem, too bad they are the only choice in a lot of neighborhoods.

Regular Visitor

Has there been any resolution to 106000.12?  I've gotten this errror again tonight (and easily a dozen times in the last two months) after trying to watch a show on my macbook on my home network.  The show had been recorded earlier in the week to my dvr. I've tried both Safari and Chrome, but I get the error on both.  Phone support is no help. When I called about this issue a few weeks ago, after 90 minutes of the ususal run-around, the rep told me "Well, Comcast never said it would work on laptops.  You're only supposed to stream on your phone or ipad."     REALLLLLLLLYYYY?

Official Employee

Hello LJKL,

I apologize for the errors and would love to help you get this resolved. Would you please verify your account by sending a private message with your phone number and service address so I can begin? Thank you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I hope that once a resolution is found, that it will be posted here...as it seems a number of people have been experiencing this error - including myself?  just a little confused as to why this was suddenly directed to a private communication?

New Poster

I get the same error as well when I connect using WIFI to may work network 
Exceptions: ESPN shows are watchable/ Recordings are watchable

However if I use my cellular network I can stream with no issues

Official Employee

Hello all,

This sounds like the issue could be with throw the DVR is sycning recorded content to the cloud. Please power off your DVR boxes and resync the DVR to cloud by following this order path:

Xfinity>Settings>Device Setting>Sync DVR

swanda, I see that your modem and cable box are experiencing some signal degradation. Let's take a look into that to see if it is affecting your streaming issues. I'd like to send a signal to your DVR box and modem. Let me know when I can. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Did you get (Error 106000.12) resolved yet?  If so, could u let the rest of us in on secret!!! tired of trying to find the answer!