New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

error code 106000.12

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 1 of 10

I am trying to watch a DVR recording on my laptop outside of home. I watched about half of one how, and now I get error code 106000.12. Repeated attempts to resume the show failed. I am able to watch other recordings. I have also had a lot of 102100.44 errors, but I can usually resume those shows. For what I pay for cable, I am sick and tired of all these errors.

9 REPLIES
Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 2 of 10

swanda wrote:

I am trying to watch a DVR recording on my laptop outside of home. I watched about half of one how, and now I get error code 106000.12. Repeated attempts to resume the show failed. I am able to watch other recordings. I have also had a lot of 102100.44 errors, but I can usually resume those shows. For what I pay for cable, I am sick and tired of all these errors.

If its just failing on one recording, the recording is probably corrupt on your cloud dvr.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 3 of 10

mvenanzi wrote:

swanda wrote:

If its just failing on one recording, the recording is probably corrupt on your cloud dvr.

Well, that's pretty much the level of service I've come to expect from Comcast.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 4 of 10

I am also experiencing the same issue watching at home on my desktop.

Posted by
New Poster

Message 5 of 10

This is my first time trying this "service," and it's not encouraging. I got the same error 3 times, about 5 minutes in, trying to watch a DVR recording on my desktop at home.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 6 of 10

Im getting the same error code.  Its not on just one recording.  This is the 3rd recording this has happened too.  Seems to happen near the last 15 minutes of the show.  It seems that the issue has started recently.  All the complaints on this issue seem to have started 10/2017

Posted by
New Poster

Message 7 of 10

I am getting this same error code 106000.12 on about 5 different shows over the last two weeks, on different channels and it can be 10 min in or 10 min from the end. There is no rhyme or reason to it, it just stops right in the middle of the show which is very aggravating. Xfinity or Comcast does not seem to care about their customers but then have they ever, going back to when they were Warner cable, nothing but problem after problem, too bad they are the only choice in a lot of neighborhoods.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 8 of 10

Has there been any resolution to 106000.12?  I've gotten this errror again tonight (and easily a dozen times in the last two months) after trying to watch a show on my macbook on my home network.  The show had been recorded earlier in the week to my dvr. I've tried both Safari and Chrome, but I get the error on both.  Phone support is no help. When I called about this issue a few weeks ago, after 90 minutes of the ususal run-around, the rep told me "Well, Comcast never said it would work on laptops.  You're only supposed to stream on your phone or ipad."     REALLLLLLLLYYYY?

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 10

Hello LJKL,

I apologize for the errors and would love to help you get this resolved. Would you please verify your account by sending a private message with your phone number and service address so I can begin? Thank you.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 10

I hope that once a resolution is found, that it will be posted here...as it seems a number of people have been experiencing this error - including myself?  just a little confused as to why this was suddenly directed to a private communication?