Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

error 900|3315.1000058

Frequent Visitor

error 900|3315.1000058

Hi, i moved recently and when my internet was turned back on in my new apartment i was no longer able to watch anything online, recieving the above error message.  I have tried googling it but no other error codes online match it.  I can watch things on my kindle fire in my apartment but nothing on my wired PC.  I have updated chrome and adobe flash, reset my DRM with adobe and reset my router a few times since this problem started.

I'm running windows 8.1 which is also fully up to date

Service Expert
Moved:

Re: error 900|3315.1000058

Post Removed. Bumping is against Forum Posting Guidelines.

Problem Solver

What is it you are trying to watch?  What website is giving you the error message? Is it the same website you go to with the Kindle?  Did you try using IE?  A little more info might help.

Frequent Visitor

the website i use is the xfinity tv website, literally every show doesn't play, i have tried going there in both IE and Firefox and i get the same result

Problem Solver

What is the URL of the website? Comcast has at least 2 webpages they call Xfinity TV.

Is the Kindle able to go to that exact website thru wifi, and work?  Is it possible to try with another computer?

Frequent Visitor

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/?cid=xfactiv_tv

and i picked a random movie to watch at this url

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Bad-Teacher/5145420517456312112/526509123975/Bad-Teacher/videos

but also in trying to find a random movie to watch i discovered that i can actually play shows from CBS and Fox but not lifetime, BBC or FXM (which is what the second link is from)  but every channel that i cannot watch gives the same error code.

Problem Solver

Does that link work on your Kindle?  Are those channels included in your subscription?  If CBS and Fox are playing, then it can't be your connection or router.  Maybe a rate code on your account is not setup correctly.

Frequent Visitor

i use the app on the kindle, and my subscription hasn't changed, i was able to watch all these channels before i moved to the new apartment.

Also, i want to say that i'm very grateful for your help, but isn't there any representative from comcast who can just look up this error code?  it's a specific code and if anyone could just find out what it means i could have the answer straight away instead of wasting all of our time going back and forth.

Problem Solver

These are user to user forums.  Good luck on getting the Comcast support here.  If your lucky, someone from Comcast MIGHT reply.  If you are in such a rush, why don't you call Comcast.  That is usually a very pleasant experience.

And since you moved to a new apartment, your account has technically changed.

Frequent Visitor

that would be true if:

1) i didn't transfer my account

2) this was the same account the is registered and billed to my apartment, which it isn't.

also, i've already been emailed by a comcast representative, but thanks again for trying to help.  i didn't mean to sound snooty, i really did appreciate it!

Admin1

mrtns789 - were you able to get this resolved with the agent who emailed you?

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation