Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

error 900|102100

Frequent Visitor

error 900|102100

Hi. I'm unable to watch TV shows online. The pre-show ad plays fine, then when the show is about to start I receive this message:

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Orphan Black S3|E10 "History Yet To Be Written".

Please refresh this page in your browser to continue where you left off.

900|102100

PRIMETIME_HLS : Video-466079299865

Refreshing does not solve the problem. Updating Adobe Flash Player did not solve the problem. Changing shows does not solve the problem. Any help would be appreciated.

Frequent Visitor

Re: error 900|102100

I am also having this ame issue. This is the second time in the last couple of months that this has occured. WTH??? Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

i hope it can be fixed soon. i'm certainly not willing to continue paying for a service that does not work.

New Poster

Same issues here, but it appears to be on one device. Figured something needed to be updated but have not been able to figure out what!  

Frequent Visitor

it's definitely the pc. i've tried three different web browsers (IE, Firefox and Chrome) with the same results. if i switch to a different pc, no issues. i've run out of things to fix and/or upgrade so it must be some compatibility issue. would be nice if Comcast could offer a possible solution.

Frequent Visitor

My IT Support HelpDesk could not solve the issue and referred me to Xfinity Customer Support. I called and was transferred to a very nice lady whom I presumed to not be a computer tech as I was more computer literate than she. I explained my issue in detail and despite her politeness and willingness to help it was obvious that she had no clue how to help me. She was also obviously reading from a script. I'm not sure she even completely understood my issue. Her only suggested solution (according to her list) was to reset the Adobe license files. I did that and the problem persists. On my own I have opened a bug report with Adobe even though I seriously doubt the problem is on their end. Back to square one.

Regular Visitor

I am having the exact same problem. It doesn't matter what show I try to watch, I am getting the "900|102100" error code. This happened a couple months back as well. Comcast, please fix your site! It is frustrating to pay $125 a month for services that I can't even use half the time. Last time it was out for over two weeks, I was told I would get a credit on my account, but I never got one, so to have this problem again so soon is extremely frustrating, especially knowing that the people at Comcast couldn't care less about their customers. 

New Poster

Spoke with someone at Comcast and OFCOURSE the error could not reproduce. Worked fine during the day but same thing happening during the early morning hours when I have my only quiet time. UGH. 

Frequent Visitor

Mine is still not working on the one machine I use most often during the day. I thought I found a solution when I noticed two versions of Shockwave Player installed but uninstalling both and reinstalling the newest version did not fix the problem. I still cannot watch On Demand Online, my IT HelpDesk did not have a solution, and neither did the Comcast Customer Support line.

Frequent Visitor

I have advised by @ComcastCares (Twitter) that the issue is caused by unreliable "streaming codes" that will be corrected if I upgrade to the X1 DVR. So there you have it.

Regular Visitor

They gave you a load of c r a p. I have X1, and it still acts up, in fact, it does so more than before I upgraded. And DVR has absolutely NOTHING to do with online streaming... *sigh* @ComcastCares is the biggest misnomer I've ever seen.

Official Employee

All-

Our engineers identified a server configuration issue which was causing some users to experience the 900|102100 error. This was resolved around 1am yesterday (6/30). Please let us know if you see this particular error again. Sorry that we let you down

Thanks,

ComcastChad

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm still getting an error:  Error 900.primetime.102100

New Poster

I have been having this issue for months and its getting really frustrating. 

Regular Visitor

Still getting the same 900/102100 error when trying to watch videos.

Using Chrome browser.

Also can not view video on Xfinity Home Page.

Any fix yet?

New Poster

I am on day 3 of this same issue almost every episode I click on says:

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing Rookie Blue S6|E4 "Letting Go".

900|102100

1. Refresh

PRIMETIME_HLS : Video-484202051823

This is on both Chrome and Firefox.

New Poster

Sorry, we’ve experienced some difficulty playing The Maze Runner.

900|102100

1. Refresh   Im getting the same message.  On alot of movies i've tried to watch.  Firefox, Chrome and Explorer.  Irratating
Regular Visitor

I've also been getting the 900|102100 error on my desktop, laptop at same location works. Ad runs fine then error occurs before show starts. Both running Chrome on Windows environments.

New Poster

error is back!

Our engineers identified a server configuration issue which was causing some users to experience

the 900|102100 error. This was resolved around 1am yesterday (6/30). Please let us know if you

see this particular error again. Sorry that we let you down

Thanks,

ComcastChad

Frequent Visitor

I am trying to watch the Astros on Root Sports. All other channels seem to be working. Error:

New Poster

I have had this error on and off for months.  It doesn't matter if its IE or Chrome.  VERY FRUSTRATING!  

May cancel service if I cannot watch the shows I want.  FIX IT!! 

New Poster

Been getting this message for a few days.  Very frustrating.  Yet problem is only occurring on my desktop.  Streams fine on both my laptops also running chrome 

Frequent Visitor

ComcastChad wrote:

All-

Our engineers identified a server configuration issue which was causing some users to experience the 900|102100 error. This was resolved around 1am yesterday (6/30). Please let us know if you see this particular error again. Sorry that we let you down

Thanks,

ComcastChad

Tried for 1st time to stream from xfinity on desktop computer a week ago and got this error.

You note server config error, but  as others report, it's all browsers on this computer only. (No problem on laptop.) Hours of troubleshooting. Windows 7 on both computers, all Flash and browser settings are identical (using Firefox to try to track this down). Customer support says this error has never been reported and since it works on laptop but not desktop they won't help.

FWIW, I am using hdmi cable for 1st time, but streaming from laptop with hdmi is fine. (And streaming without hdmi doesn't work either, so this is red herring, I guess.)

Do you (or anyone) have any idea what causes this? TIA

EDIT: Interestingly, I CAN stream CBS shows (but only CBS), the network with which Comcast is associated. Seems like that should be a clue.

New Poster

I'm having the same issues on a few channels. Using chrome, on my desktop. Has been going on for a few weeks.
Frequent Visitor

robes710 wrote:

Been getting this message for a few days.  Very frustrating.  Yet problem is only occurring on my desktop.  Streams fine on both my laptops also running chrome 

Hi robes710: Any chance you ever tracked down the problem? Had you been able to stream on desktop before you posted? I get error with every browser on Win7 desktop, but shows stream fine in all browsers on Win7 laptop. (Oddly, I can stream shows from CBS (but only cbs) on desktop.)

Feel like I've looked at every possible difference between systems. Only thing obvious is laptop has Win7 Pro and desktop has Home. I've tried every suggestion for every 900 error google returns. No luck. Wish someone from Comcast would lend a hand here. Anyway, maybe you found a solution? Thanks.

Oh, yeah, it hangs while trying to access "analytics.xcal.tv"

New Poster

Over the past month, Xfinity streaming has stutter stepped into not working at all. We keep getting a 900|102100 error. We have tried Mozilla and Explorer with no success. Does anyone at Comcast have an answer, because in the absence of my ability to stream, your services become moot. Incidentally, these problems do not occur with Netflix or Amazon Prime streaming, so I'm guessing it has to be on your end. Can somebody please help?

Frequent Visitor

FIXED (for me at least)!

I connected the 5-year-old D-Link wireless router (with broken antenna!) I got from Comcast before they upgraded me to an Arris gateway: One ethernet cable from gateway to router and another from router to PC. Audio seems a bit off, but video still fine.

Not a perfect solution since PC is now on a separate network from other devices in the house, but OK for time being. (Don't know how long I'll put up with this inconvenience, but at least for awhile as I absolutely dread having to deal with Comcast again. See rant.)

In case it might help others, it's possible this could have been fixed by setting up and connecting to a new network in Windows Network and Sharing. Also, having wireless capability on PC might work. Not sure how/if this figures in, but laptop worked both wired and wirelessly.

My "solution," and the fact that others started getting 900|102100 error over a period of time or intermittently leads me to think that something is faulty in the gateway box, maybe having to do with wireless capabiltiy. For me, exchanging the box might be the real solution.

Now for the rant . . .

I literally spent days on this, for a few reasons:

1. I was determined to get the PC to work; it's in the same room as the TV(!) and I want to leave my laptop where I use it, in another room.
  2. I was willing to compare literally hundreds of settings between the laptop and PC, uninstall or disable ALL security (as suggested, though not recommended by Comcast), uninstall/reinstall Java and Flash--all of which was necessary because:

3. The quality of Comcast customer support is ABSOLUTELY SHAMEFUL

• I called Comcast and was escalated. Got a callback 5 days later.
  • The rep said because my laptop worked but PC didn't the problem was not theirs--I should contact Microsoft(!?)--and when I tried to get more information she actually yelled over me!
  • If the incompetent woman--whose main job seemed to be bullying customers into submission--hadn't been so adament, I might have addressed hardware possibilties before wasting so much time.
  • And here in these forums, not a peep from any Comcast personnel for months, even though one of my posts was a reply to ComcastChad so I know they were contacted.

OK, I know, TLDR for most. If you got this far, thanks! Guess I'll go watch some Netflix now Smiley Happy

New Poster

I just started getting this error as well.  Everything was working fine as of a couple of weeks ago... Now, I can't play a single thing.  The 900|102100 error comes up right away for anything I try to play on my laptop.  I just updated adobe software today (acrobat) -- wonder if that has anything to do with it? Very frustrating.

Frequent Visitor

Same error, different year. This is comcast's fault, something in their software. It's very common for companies to not own up to their own mistakes, because, god forbid their developers make a mistake! It's not like they're human or anything. But it seemed to resolve itself within 10-20 minutes now for me. (Please note, I'm not trying to be rude, was trying to throw in a little sarcasm and a dash of humor.. I know.. I have a weird sense of humor.)

Regular Visitor

Same problem,,,I have been having problems also with Shockwave and Flash crashing all the time and not being able to  stream,,Now I cant hardly watch anything..4 months now I have been having issues and they never have shown of for work orders and never fix the problem..At least 16-20 hours on the phone a dozen  times...No credits but $60 and they charge me almost a $100 a month,,,a little less

Hate comcast,,,when is another viable vendor going to set up shop and at a much better price..These guys suck..It is the most disorganzed company in America,,,with all of their slipping and sliding trying to save a buck...Mexico answers and then you are transferred to the Phiilipines and talk to someone who understands every other word and then hangs up on you accideantly after 45 minutes....and the you have to start all over again and and over and over,,,,It is a nightmare

3 1/2 hours last night to get my options reset and their ripof charges reduced..It was an awful horrible experience and today it won't work....I hope one day Comcast crashes and loses their business just like Bluckbuster,,,!!! Remember them...Your Customer Service sucks Comcast,,the worst in America

New Poster

I have recently struggled with this issue. For months I could not watch Xfinity on my computer only. 4 computers in the house and only 1 not allowing it. WHY!!! I looked in all forums for advice and nothing came up. Chatted and Called Xfinity for help and nothing. 3 browsers(Chrome, Firefox, IE) the same thing. Xfintiy was showing this error code and saying refresh, and X! was completely black. I figure hey maybe it's one of the cleaners I use that the other computers don't have(CCleaner). Nope still not working. OK Fine I'm going to reset my computer back to factory condition. Still nothing. So I went to device manager and started updating all drivers. I had an issue that said "SM Bus Controler" had no driver and it wouldn't update. So I went to the ASRock site(as this is my motherboard) and updated all of my drivers manually, and low and behold I had drivers that were not installed. Maybe an update did it I don't know but it's worth a try if you are having this issue.

Go to the website your motherboard is from and manually update your drivers again. I hope this is everyones problem it's an easy fix.

Frequent Visitor

Same error - 900.primetime.102100 This video cannot be played. We've run into a problem while streaming...

I tried to log into xtv.comcast.net/recordings using IE but never got past the three blinking dots. So, stayed with Chrome, tried in both Mac and Windows, same results, here is the diagnostics report (from Windows):

Customer Service Diagnostics

OSWindows 7 BrowserChrome 47.0.2526Build number225918Flash version19.0.0.245StatusOut of homeEntitlementstve-linear, cdvr, clinear, cvod, tve-vodLast fingerprintcloudtv_web_production_ccp_east_225918_(no branch)_fa9620b7a49ad48f0f4ce34200a674fcdf6e1691_1449235690128_18797Stream providerprimetimeVideo IDrecording/V790393781304278832L129041502220200109Media IDcomcast:dvr:schedule:V790393781304278832L129041502220200109Error code900Error descriptionVideo player errorError aux infohttps://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V790393781304278832L129041502220200109/stream.m3u8?recorderManager=cdvr-c-rmID-ncs01Video Provider369 STZHDVideo SourceDVRVideo TitleBlack Sails: XIII.

New Poster

Still getting this error trying to watch my shows on my computer. Was working fine a little bit ago

Regular Visitor

Trying to watch my shows.... I get this on the ONLY show I want to watch..... hapens over and over and I have the X1 package.

Where is my credit?

(Error 900.primetime.102100)

Frequent Visitor

same error,

happening on the pc's (phone and tablet work ok)

this is nuts.

i have three pc's , none of them workk;'

tried internet explorer,    Chrome, and Firefox, all latest versions.

does anyone at comcast have any clue?

clinear, cvod, tve-linear, tve-vodLast fingerprintcloudtv_web_production_ccp_east_230624_rc_f6b63481ed84db25c9d6c28aac3fa11a2cbc3374_1451347236566_11551Stream providerprimetimeVideo IDtvgrid/listing/11901512290000109/?channelId=6189104643713237104Error code900.primetime.102100Error descriptionVideo player errorError aux infohttp://ccr.linear-nat-pil.xcr.comcast.net/HSN_SD_NAT_4130_0_6518435840595755163.m3u8?format=redirectVideo Provider4 HSNVideo SourcetvlistingVideo TitleThe Monday Night Show With Adam Freeman:

Regular Visitor

Having this same error 900|102100 for the second day now.  Have had X1 for 2 1/2 months now without this issue then all of a sudden this happens. This happens on my laptop and my android tablet.  TVGO works but the in home doesn't.  I don't feel as if I should increase my data usage by using TVGO.  Called CS last night with a promise for a call back.  Didn't get one.  Called this AM spoke to an internet person who verified my connection was good and then spoke to a X1 person at length who could not resolve the issue and was told that I'd get a call back within 5 days.I do not find this to be acceptable.  Someone please help.

Frequent Visitor

have been on CHAT today for THREE HOURS !!!!

NO resolution.

X1 box works

Android app works

ALL THREE COMPUTERS, and ALL COMPUTER browsers, do NOT work, cannot access the https://xtv.comcast.net/grid link, for xfinity TV.

went from tv support, to internet support, to computer support (they kept transferring me), now it is "escalated again" I have a case number (that and $2.00 will get me a starbucks coffee).

first they said the x1 box had wrong number in their system (yet the x1 box works), then said it was the video player (I have all default players installed in CHROME,   Internet Explorer,   Firefox, and EDGE, very clean Windows 10 system, ALL OITHER VIDEO's, Youtube, Xfinity TvToGo, etc, work

this is utterly absurd.

New Poster

I have gotten the error 900.primetime.102100 now for two days. 
OSWindows 10

BrowserChrome 47.0.2526Build number230624

Flash version20.0.0.267Statusout of home

Video IDrecording/V2928430951489713030L243191512260200109

Media IDcomcast:dvr:schedule:V2928430951489713030L243191512260200109

Error code900.primetime.102100

Error descriptionVideo player error

Error aux infohttps://xtvapi.cloudtv.comcast.net/recording/V2928430951489713030L243191512260200109/stream.m3u8?recorderManager=cdvr-m-rmID-seat01

Video Provider684 UPHD

Video SourceDVR

Works on my phone and on two of three tablets. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Service Expert
Moved:

New Poster

I use forums all the time and never post but I figured this may help somebody.  I am a Systems & Network Engineer by trade for an IT consultant company, so I'm used to not giving up on issues like this till they are fixed, luckily this only took an hour (20 minutes of which I spent on the phone with Comcast getting the run around).  

I was getting the 900.primetime.102100 from all my windows PC's and then when trying it from my iPad I received error "NSURLErrorDomain 1003" indicating a DNS stack overflow issue.  It then hit me that I had set static DNS to google in my router recently.  My router had static DNS to google 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 instead of comcast DNS.  

I removed static DNS entries from my router, saved changes, automatically restarted giving me comcast DNS 75.75.75.75/75.75.76.76 and BOOM up and going.   It makes sense that for your PC to be able to access your DVR shows it would need to be utilizing Comcast DNS from a network standpoint.  Make sure your Router's DNS is not set staticly to google/OpenDNS/etc.. Also you can try setting static DNS on your computer's network adapter to see if that fixes it as well if your not familar/comfortable getting in your firewall.  

- Rob 

New Poster

I changed PC DNS servers to suggested 75.75.75.75 and 75.75.76.76. It solved the problem.

It is under Windows 10, no reboot was needed. But everything was working before with Google DNS servers. It means something changed at Comcast end and I do not like it.

Thanks robwall707 very much for the solution.

Regular Visitor

Thanks robwall707.  Changed DNS servers from Google to Comcast's and it worked like a charm.

Don't know why Google DNS stopped working all of a sudden but all is well now.  Thanks again.

New Poster

So just how do you do that on Windows 10
New Poster

Regular Visitor

I have been having the same Error 900.primetime.102100 issue for the last week, plwease adivse ASAP

Frequent Visitor

i had this issue persisting.   ended up getting a higher-up to ask about my DNS setting.

it needs to be comcast's DNS translators.

I had changed mine to google's, due to less of the "server not found" url listing errors.

Lo and Behold, I set the network adapter setting back to default (which points to comcast) adn it works !!

maybe this is helpful to others

Service Expert
Moved:

Regular Contributor

just got this error with only one recording. it appears to be an issue with the recording because i can play other recordings (when i tried to play the recording on other deviced (android tablet, android phone). it will not play at all. 

Regular Visitor

Ever since I changed to the new 'Xfinity' experience last week, I get the same error.  Prior to accepting TOS for new service I never had a problem watching on my desktop or elsewhere.  It doesn't matter the recording.  It just shows the error...all the time, any recording. It won't even load on my laptop.  Unfortunately, I do not know how to change the DNS as indicated by someone who said that was the problem.  Could anyone explain how to do this as the new service is not communicating properly?  It would be greatly appreciated.

Regular Visitor

Rob, I have just started to get this problem (two days ago) once I agreed to the new XFinity changes.  Doesn't work on my PC with Windows7 or laptop with Safari.  But I have the comcast modem/router for wireless so how would one go about fixing what you discussed?  This is an awful problem and one I did not have until accepted TOS for Xfinity changes.

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats