Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

error 572

Frequent Visitor

error 572

no matter what video i try to watch i get a 572 error code. i tired unintstalling adobe flash and reinstalling it and that didn't help.

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: error 572

happybunny10103 wrote:

no matter what video i try to watch i get a 572 error code. i tired unintstalling adobe flash and reinstalling it and that didn't help.

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the links/URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

My Zip Code:03077My Cable Provider:Recommended By ComcastMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:TrueFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:66.155.211.12My operating system:Mac - UndefinedMy web browser:Safari 6 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/536.26.14 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/6.0.1 Safari/536.26.14My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.5 R502Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled (3224 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time:Tue Dec 11 2012 11:15:30 GMT-0500 (EST)Server Clock Time:Tue Dec 11 2012 11:15:29 GMT-0500 (EST) My Account Information Primary Account:FalseProvider Codes:S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, G, Ak, Aw, Ar, Cg, Au, Bv, B, U, Cr, C, Br, Bt, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Bz, Bm, Co, Bl, Bk, Bp, Cj, Bo, Cc, F, M, BnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True
Official Employee

happybunny10103 wrote:
My Zip Code:03077My Cable Provider:Recommended By ComcastMy myDVR Manager Status:Not InstalledMy Set Top Box Names:Not InstalledMy Queue setup:TrueFacebook Queue Syncing:FalseFacebook Connect:FalseMy public IP address:66.155.211.12My operating system:Mac - UndefinedMy web browser:Safari 6 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_8_2) AppleWebKit/536.26.14 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Version/6.0.1 Safari/536.26.14My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Move player version:Not InstalledMy Silverlight version:5.1.10516.0My flash version:11.5 R502Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled (3224 Bytes) Time Information My Clock Time:Tue Dec 11 2012 11:15:30 GMT-0500 (EST)Server Clock Time:Tue Dec 11 2012 11:15:29 GMT-0500 (EST) My Account Information Primary Account:FalseProvider Codes:S, Bi, Bj, Bq, Ce, Cd, Cf, G, Ak, Aw, Ar, Cg, Au, Bv, B, U, Cr, C, Br, Bt, Cm, H, Ad, Bw, D, Al, Ci, A, Y, Bx, Bb, Bc, Cp, Bu, By, Cn, Bs, At, Ct, Cb, Ch, Cs, E, Aj, Bz, Bm, Co, Bl, Bk, Bp, Cj, Bo, Cc, F, M, BnInternet Subscriber:TrueCable TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True

What specific videos are you trying to watch? Please send me the links of the videos so I can further assist you.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Official Employee

happybunny10103 wrote:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Private-Practice/7114676299077086112/2234003900/Private-Practice-...

and 

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/Grey-s-Anatomy/5191720111929016112/2311321791/I-Was-Made-for-Lovi...

are two of them

Try using a different web browser and let me know if it works. This is not a permanent solution but it will help us narrow down your issue.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

i downloaded google chrome and it still did not work.

Official Employee

happybunny10103 wrote:

i downloaded google chrome and it still did not work.

Do you have any anti-virus software installed? If so, your firewall may be too strict and you must allow xfinitytv.com and Flash to pass through your anti-virus software.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

i haven't updated my anti-virus or any of the settings any time recently and used to be able to watch videos

Official Employee

Go to your Flash Player's Settings Manager page and follow the instructions below:

1. Control-click any content that is displayed in Flash Player. 

2. Select Global Settings. The Settings Manager Help page appears. The Settings Manager is embedded on the page that appears—it is NOT a screenshot. You can make the changes on the same page.

3. Select the Global Storage Settings panel in the left column. The Global Storage Settings Panel appears.

4. In the Global Storage Settings panel, select allow third-party Flash content to store data on your computer. 

5. To view or change the privacy settings for websites that you have visited, use the Website Privacy Settings panel. 

6. To view, change, or delete the storage settings for websites that you have visited, use the Website Storage Settings panel.

7. In your browser, open the web page where you encountered problems with Flash Player.

8. Control-click the content and select Settings from the context menu. The Flash Player settings pop-up box appears.

9.   Click the Privacy settings menu item to display the Privacy settings panel.

10. Select Allow to let the website access your webcam and microphone. 

11. Quit and then restart your browser. Try playing a video.

Let me know the results.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

it wouldn't let me change any of the settings. also, i tried on another computer and the same error codes came up

Official Employee

happybunny10103 wrote:

it wouldn't let me change any of the settings. also, i tried on another computer and the same error codes came up

Are you at home or on public internet access (work, cafe, etc.)?

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

i'm at my college but i ive never had a problem wathing videos before. and i can still access sites like netflix

Official Employee

happybunny10103 wrote:

i'm at my college but i ive never had a problem wathing videos before. and i can still access sites like netflix

Can you please try watching a video again but this time on a different internet connection that not on your college's network.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation