Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

error 422

New Poster

error 422

I use a Mac with Chrome browser, just finished watching one show now the next has this error, 422

New Poster

Re: error 422

Mac with Safari here, and I got the same thing, kicked me off right in the middle of a program...

New Poster

The same thing happened to me - right in the middle of a program.  I have a new MacBook Pro and haven't had any real problems before this except occassionally when watching a show, after a commercial the show would start back at the beginning.  But this was on a premium channel... I detest calling Comcast and talking to their uninformed techs.  I don't know why they don't monitor these "Help and Support Forums".  

Problem Solver

I want to invite all of you to another thread that is more active than your thread.

(click on this link)

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV-Website/Error-Message-422/m-p/2504429#M38326

Videotrans posted this MacBook solution on the other thread. I do not know if it applies to you. A Comcast employee has been posting on the other thread.

Posted by Videotrans,

I found a fix for the streaming failure.... 422 error.  I my case it was AVAST anti-virus that blocked Comcast's server from streaming the content to my   Mac Book.  I added the server address:  secure.xfinitytv.comcast.net   to the excluded server list in the Web Shield preferences.  Now the streaming works on every channel...  By excluding ther comcast server it allowed the stream to play in my browser, and no longer blocks it.... YAY!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation