Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

error 11700

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

error 11700

Here we go agian!  I had this problem with watching my DVR shows online off and on.  I re-image my Pc and the problem is back agian "Error Code 11700". I have talked to a tech from Comcast about about a month ago.  If you go to "https://device.comcast.net/devices" you don't see anything there. I'm using chrome and Microsoft Edge and still get the same error message.  This works fine my surface tablet using Microsoft Edge.

Could anyone on this forum help me to help Comcast fix this issue?

Thanks

Accepted Solution

Re: error 11700

It is possible that it could happen on a new computer as well if there were already "too many devices" listed on Comcast's server.  I feel your pain calling Comcast about this issue since the CSRs seem clueless about most things having to do with the Cloud DVR and the apps that access it.

You can try sending a Private Message to ComcastElena since she said she solved this same issue for a different user in this thread.

Click here to send a Private Message to ComcastElena asking her to remove all your excess devices to fix the 11700 error.

And if you don't hear from ComcastElena try sending PMs to ComcastZach and ComcastPhill

Edit 9/25/2016: Try 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support, and tell them Error 11700. If that fails you might have to send Private Messages. However, ComcastElena hasn't created a new post since the beginning of September. She possibly is not with Comcast anymore, so best to send PMs to ComcastZach and ComcastPhill directly.

edoe132 wrote:

I did that, they didn't fix the issue.  This is the third time I called them about this issue. The last person I tallked to about this put in a ticket (about a month ago). I haven't heard anything from that call since. This has happen on another computer (brand new) I had as well.

View answer in context
Tags (1)
Problem Solver

The error occurs if your account has exceeded the device limit.  See this webpage.

Are you clearing your browser cache and cookies when you exit your browser? Does the web portal ask you to login each time you try to use it?  The web portal doesn't like that if you do it too much, causing the 11700 error.

The problem is it says to contact Comcast to fix that. That's the joke when you do and know one knows what you are talking about.

Maybe try the chat app like it says on the webpage, and ask them to "have invalid devices removed from the provisioned account".

Frequent Visitor

This is a fresh install of the OS. The area where you can remove devices doesn't show anything there. It shows that I have "0" devices connected.  I agree with you about calling Comcast, they seem to never know what is going on with there products and infrastructure.  Tried the chat last night got a 74 minutes wait message. 

THIS SOLUTION IS NOT SOLVE!!!!!  I'm still having the same problem.

Problem Solver

It doesn't matter if it is a fresh install of the OS, if you used that device to connect to the Xfinity TV portal in the past.  The server at Comcast thinks you are trying to connect too many devices.  The https://device.comcast.net/devices webpage has nothing to do with your issue, that is why that webpage doesn't list all the computers you use to connect to the Xfinity TV portal.  It would be smart of Comcast to allow the user to see and manage their own devices for connecting to the portal, but they don't.  That is why you need to call or chat to get this issue resolved.

Problem Solver

And you probably marked the thread as solved by mistake.  Just mark the post unsolved.

Frequent Visitor

I did that, they didn't fix the issue.  This is the third time I called them about this issue. The last person I tallked to about this put in a ticket (about a month ago). I haven't heard anything from that call since. This has happen on another computer (brand new) I had as well.

Frequent Visitor

I didn't make it "Solved" W here do I make that change at?

Problem Solver

It is possible that it could happen on a new computer as well if there were already "too many devices" listed on Comcast's server.  I feel your pain calling Comcast about this issue since the CSRs seem clueless about most things having to do with the Cloud DVR and the apps that access it.

You can try sending a Private Message to ComcastElena since she said she solved this same issue for a different user in this thread.

Click here to send a Private Message to ComcastElena asking her to remove all your excess devices to fix the 11700 error.

And if you don't hear from ComcastElena try sending PMs to ComcastZach and ComcastPhill

Edit 9/25/2016: Try 888-824-8988, Advanced Tech Support, and tell them Error 11700. If that fails you might have to send Private Messages. However, ComcastElena hasn't created a new post since the beginning of September. She possibly is not with Comcast anymore, so best to send PMs to ComcastZach and ComcastPhill directly.

edoe132 wrote:

New Poster

Error Code 11700 on xtv.comcast.net If you have to register their PC every time they sign in on xtv.comcast.net, Registered Devices will build up in the account and eventually, You will get this or other errors when you try to access video content through the website. This can be caused by a setting in your web browser. On Firefox > Options > Privacy > History > Firefox will > “Never Remember History” (Preferred is “Remember History") If on other other browsers, below settings will cause new device id: On Internet Explorer > Settings > Internet Options > General tab > Browsing History > delete browsing on exit (preferred is to uncheck this box) On Chrome > Settings > Advanced Settings > Content Settings > Cookies > Keep local data until you quit your browser (Preferred is “Allow local data to be set (recommended )") (In Chrome, you can also set xtv.comcast.net as an exception, and this will allow the browser to keep the Comcast cookie that allows their system to recognize that your PC has accessed Cloud TV service before, and not register it as a new device again) On Safari > Preferences > General > Remove History Items > After one day (Preferred is “After one year") If you still continue to get the error on the Xfinity TV website after removing unused Devices from the account, as explained in prior comments, call Comcast customer support and ask them to "Deprovision IP Coams" on your account. This will purge all the repeat devices from the account.
New Poster

This Error 11700 has been a NIGHTMARE!

I have talked to 1/2-dozen guy in every area at Comcast. I was sent to support.com where Anna told me it was the cable box, and "it 'they' need to deprovision the cable box because the Comcast portal thinks there are too many devices trying to connect."

Same one device that worked fine until yesterday afternoon... Exhausting. I pay to much to continue getting this Error-poo...

Noone in any department has a clue what to do... I'm going to scream now, then put vodka in my "berry pomegranate" drink.

New Poster

Call 888-824-8988. They can deprovision and it will work.
New Poster

I've called, many times.  I've chatted many times.  No one knows anything.  I've tried everything.  I've explained it over and over.  no one knows anything.  I can't resolve my error 11700.

New Poster

I really appreciate your post. Had tried to find an answer for two weeks.I called 888-824-8988 ex.303-1647 and spoke with a tech and the problem was cured within five minutes. Thank you!!!!

Regular Visitor

Same with me.. ( Still having the same problem as of a week now ) I used to always be able to connect online and enjoy watching T.V or movies on xfinity.. But now It seems that they cannot connect my device to my account?? Error 11700?? Hmmmmm

We are having trouble adding this device to your account.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 11700.

New Poster

This makes me so mad....We are having trouble adding this device to your account.
Please call 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 11700.  

It doesn't really look like theres a solution....I guess I will try the 1-800 number listed above.  

New Poster

What a nightmare!  Call Eli or the gang at Comcast at: 

Comcast Tv2Go help! 888+824+8988 x3031261 *if Eli does not answer press 2, and ANYONE on his floor knows how to get you back up and running and can do so in a flash.

4 Comcast agents later....I finally hit pay dirt.

PS the "team" is working on the problem. It will likely happen again, but just let them know when it does!

New Poster

edoe132 wrote:

This is a fresh install of the OS. The area where you can remove devices doesn't show anything there. It shows that I have "0" devices connected.  I agree with you about calling Comcast, they seem to never know what is going on with there products and infrastructure.  Tried the chat last night got a 74 minutes wait message. 

THIS SOLUTION IS NOT SOLVE!!!!!  I'm still having the same problem.

Comcast Tv2Go help! 888+824+8988 x3031261 *if Eli does not answer press 2, and ANYONE on his floor knows how to get you back up and running and can do so in a flash.

PS the "team" is working on the problem. It will likely happen again, but just let them know when it does!

New Poster

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

The error occurs if your account has exceeded the device limit.  See this webpage.

Are you clearing your browser cache and cookies when you exit your browser? Does the web portal ask you to login each time you try to use it?  The web portal doesn't like that if you do it too much, causing the 11700 error.

The problem is it says to contact Comcast to fix that. That's the joke when you do and know one knows what you are talking about.

Maybe try the chat app like it says on the webpage, and ask them to "have invalid devices removed from the provisioned account".

Regular Visitor

Same problem. One hour in, they are clueless about error 11700. 

New Poster

I did all of the same things that everyone has done>Customer Service +2hrs>Chat +2hrs no change almost gave up...even checked Wifi connections (did not have any effect). Verified that I could have 3 max devices connected and even checked the 20 Wifi devices.

I did not realize that each device that is connected is counted against the 3 units...went back to my previously connected units and completely disconnected (even did an Uninstall of the TV app). And also went as far as disconnecting/unistall all of the remaining Xfinity apps (TV, TV-Go, Remote, WiFi and Connect).  It worked I was able to connect my new iPad Air.

Solution/Conclusion: It seems that the system/server retains the latest connections and you have 'disconnect' from the system. If you have as many devices as I do 2-phones, 3-tablets, laptop and desktop, and want to change which unit is connected, you have disconnect one or more of you devices, before you'll be able to connect another unit. 

This should be the responsibly of the TV app developer to inform the Customer Service people, they do have alot on their plate.

New Poster

I called the Advanced Tech Support #, and the rep took care of the issue for me deleting the excess devices. He also gave me a URL to use to delete them myself:  device.comcast.net/devices.

Problem Solver

jmmcbandz wrote:

I called the Advanced Tech Support #, and the rep took care of the issue for me deleting the excess devices. He also gave me a URL to use to delete them myself:  device.comcast.net/devices.

Glad you got your 11700 error taken care of, but that url (https://device.comcast.net/devices) will do nothing in helping with that error.  I have 4 computers, 2 tablets, and 1 smartphone all using the Xfinity TV app and portal, and not one of them is listed on that page. It has nothing to do with clearing of provisioned devices. Sorry, but you were misinformed.

New Poster

Call:

Comcast Tv2Go for help! 888+824+8988 x3031261 *if Eli does not answer press 2, and ANYONE on his floor knows how to get you back up and running and can do so in a flash.

New Poster

Call:

Comcast Tv2Go for help! 888+824+8988 x3031261 *if Eli does not answer press 2, and ANYONE on his floor knows how to get you back up and running and can do so in a flash.

Regular Visitor

For the amount of money I pay... this should be resolved by now.....

Its been going on for months.

New Poster

This error happened to me a day and a half ago.  Two calls to the normal customer support did not get anywhere.

Reading this thread, I called 888-824-8988.  I did not reach the person above, and I did not recognize the 7-digit number as an extension.

In 5-10 minutes, the rep at this Level 2 Support fixed the problem.

Do mention that you need 'deprovision' the number of devices from your account.  They have a proprietary tool that will do that pretty quickly.  Unfortunately, they don't have anything on our end to do it ourself.

Frequent Visitor

I got this message for the 1st time today.  After talking with tech support on the phone and online, I called .I called 888-824-8988 and it was fixed within 5 minutes.  They said it's nothing we can fix.  We need them at .I called 888-824-8988 to fix the issue. It needs to be "re-provisioned"

New Poster

First time I have received this error message.  I Read all of your comments and waiting for Help Desk to call me back in about 30 minutes.

xacsa.provision.11700: Error

UPDATE.  I received a call back.  The Help Desk lady was well informed and understood the problem.  After verifying my account information she made the fix (re-provision) and my service is restored.

Frequent Visitor

ComcastZach fixed mine twice, I just PM him.

He said not to clear cookie's no more, a pc needs to be cleaned up once in awhile, there got to be a work around so people can clean cookies and etc...  

I tried phone support the very 1st time I recieved Error 11700 on my desktop and they don't know what your talking about. They wanted me to go around rebooted everything and unpluging this and that. That won't help.

Thank You Very Much ComcastZach

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Good news...The technical team made a significant change today that should make the 11700 error nearly non-existent. I hope this is correct. Please let me know if anyone continues to experience it.

Thanks,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Currently sitting on the phone waiting to talk to someone to fix this for the second time. The system wouldn't let me go to the advanced customer service.

New Poster

Hi, Comcast Dan. I've noticed that during the past week, I'm being asked to name my device every time I sign in to watch Xfinity TV streaming.  I used the same PC-to-TV device, but I have been clearing cookies from the browser on exit. Do I need to allow cookies to accumulate in the browser?  I haven't got an 11700 error message yet, but I am expecting one if the service requires me to name my device each time I sign in.  Thank you.

New Poster

If it's possible to set the Xfinity TV website as an exception for clearing cache and cookies (I know Chrome has this option) then definitely do that.
New Poster

I am getting 11700 error messages, regardless of the browser I try. 

I cannot send a PM to anyone, especially the Comcast folks on here because I don't get a PM screen.

Can someone give me a name and phone number of someone high up in Tech Services at Comcast who can help me. The folks at 1-800-XFinity are clueless.

New Poster

Error Code 11700 on xtv.comcast.net If you have to register their PC every time they sign in on xtv.comcast.net, Registered Devices will build up in the account and eventually, You will get this or other errors when you try to access video content through the website. This can be caused by a setting in your web browser.
On Firefox > Options > Privacy > History > Firefox will > “Never Remember History” (Preferred is “Remember History") If on other other browsers, below settings will cause new device id:
On Internet Explorer > Settings > Internet Options > General tab > Browsing History > delete browsing on exit (preferred is to uncheck this box)
On Chrome > Settings > Advanced Settings > Content Settings > Cookies > Keep local data until you quit your browser (Preferred is “Allow local data to be set (recommended )") (In Chrome, you can also set xtv.comcast.net as an exception, and this will allow the browser to keep the Comcast cookie that allows their system to recognize that your PC has accessed Cloud TV service before, and not register it as a new device again)
On Safari > Preferences > General > Remove History Items > After one day (Preferred is “After one year") If you still continue to get the error on the Xfinity TV website after removing unused Devices from the account, as explained in prior comments, call Comcast customer support and ask them to "Deprovision IP Coams" on your account. This will purge all the repeat devices from the account.
Official Employee

Hi vmaewood, I have de-provisioned the devices on your account, can you please retest and let me know if you are still getting te 11700 error?

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats