members

online now

discussions

error 11700

Frequent Visitor

error 11700

Unable to sign into X1 DVR via laptop. 

Something's not right here

We are having trouble adding this device to your account.

Please give us a call at 1-800-XFINITY and mention error 11700.

This is the second time in 4 weeks. I  called 800-XFINITY and nobody knew what that error means.

Problem Solver

Re: error 11700

The error occurs if your account has exceeded the device limit.  See this webpage.

The problem is it says to contact Comcast to fix that. That's the joke when you do and know one knows what you are talking about.

Maybe try the chat app like it says on the webpage, and ask them to "have invalid devices removed from the provisioned account".

New Poster

I'm getting the same error (11700). A tech fixed it two weeks ago; no one from Comcast can fix it this weekend. They seen completely confused!

Frequent Visitor

The chat app was useless. They were clueless. 

I called the help desk which leaves one going from one tech support to another until I found one woman who knew the answers and resolved the problem.

That lasted ONE WEEK. Now it's back. 

I wish there was a way we could bill back to Comcast the time to I have to spend resolving this issue.

New Poster

see this web page telling you specifically what you need to tell the comcast support person when you get error 11700

can't even say you need devices removed.  Tried that and they were clueless.  Need to say provisional devices, even then 50/50 shot getting someone who knows.

http://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xtv-app-errorcode-11700

Frequent Visitor

Having the same problem here in Chicago. I have been calling since Sunday and nobody knows what to do to fix this. They keep telling me it's not my modem or internet and saying it must be a problem on their end, so why can't they fix this. I have yet to have someone offer me some type of credit for my problems or even fix the problem. 

New Poster

Not sure if you've had this resolved yet, but after 4 hours or so on the phone with at least 7 transfers and 4 mysteriously "dropped" calls with Comcast, I think I have it solved. Or, well, as solved as it's going to be until I can find more. Apparently error code 11700 means that you have too many devices on your X1 platform. In my case, I got a new laptop and it makes me log in every time I try to access my DVR recordings or TV shows, accept terms of activation, etc. So every time I've logged in anew, it marks my laptop down as a new device. So finally, someone at Comcast said I have 40 devices hooked up - well, upon discovery, no I didn't have 40 devices, I had ONE device that Comcast made me register 40 times! So someone at tier 2 had to delete the 40 entries and I start again. The only way to alleviate this mess is to change my IE (or other browser) settings to NOT delete history, cookies, etc. on exit. Yes, so I have to either leave my laptop open to security issues, or log in every time, and call Comcast every 40 log ins to have them delete the 40 entries and start over. This is complete unacceptable in my view, but there you have it. The final person I spoke to, I think he was a Tier 2 agent, did delete my 40 entries and I did unclick the IE command to NOT delete history, cookies, etc. upon exit and it seemed to work for now. But it's unacceptable that Comcast is making you go thru all of your browsing history one by one and deleting them so that you still have some level of security.

Problem Solver

How to Use Multiple Browser Profiles in Any Browser

New Poster

New Poster

I just went through this myself.

THANK YOU ericd7.

It made it much easier to ressolve this debacle after reading your post.

I still had to go through all the hoops and red tape to reach tier 3 (over an hour later), after all it is Comcast.

They cleared out my devices and all is well once again.

Extra tip the engineer told me was to make sure you log out of Comcast before closing the browser.

This clears the device that was in use.

If you just close the browser it leaves a device "hanging" in their system.

Stupid, I know, but what I was told.

So hopefully between eric's and my posts this will help some folks out.