Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

dvr manager

Frequent Visitor

dvr manager

I can no longer access dvr manager on my computer to set and delete recordings? I called comcast but they had no idea? so frustrating. 

Service Expert

Re: dvr manager

Anon536003 wrote:

I can no longer access dvr manager on my computer to set and delete recordings? I called comcast but they had no idea? so frustrating. 

Comcast says we have to use one of their smartphone apps to acceess the DVR manager.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Frequent Visitor

that is so frustrating~

I called Comcast and 2 reps had no idea... that is even more frustrating. 

Frequent Visitor

I did download the app and thers is still no dvr manager

Bronze Problem Solver

Anon536003 wrote:

If you have x1 service with cloud storage, you  can use the new web page to manage recordings and scheduled recordings. If you have non x1 service you can use the tv remote app.

Frequent Visitor

What the heck is ×1
Bronze Problem Solver

Anon536003 wrote:
What the heck is ×1

It is comcast's newer cable box service. /the easiest way to tell if you have x1 service is to power cycle your dvr bix and watch the tv as the box starts up. If it says "Welcome to the X1 experience", then you have x1 service.

More info here:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/x1/

Frequent Visitor

I have been having this problem for about a month. I called twice. The first time they said I would get a call from a technician, which did not happen. The second time I called the technician was troubleshooting with me and then told me that they have are having a problem with the DVR mangager using the internet. That was about two weeks ago and it has not been resolved. Does anyone from Comcast read these forums?

Bronze Problem Solver

Asin wrote:

I have been having this problem for about a month. I called twice. The first time they said I would get a call from a technician, which did not happen. The second time I called the technician was troubleshooting with me and then told me that they have are having a problem with the DVR mangager using the internet. That was about two weeks ago and it has not been resolved. Does anyone from Comcast read these forums?

Very few.

See posts above for more info on your dvr manager problem

Frequent Visitor

It makes me so angry!
Bronze Problem Solver

Anon536003 wrote:
It makes me so angry!

Same here.

Comcast replaced the website about a few weeks ago. Most of the great features of the old one are gone.

See a summary of changes here:
http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

See most complaints here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now-part-o...

Send your concerns here ecare@comcast.com and use the feedback button on the listings page

Frequent Visitor

Can you please more specific about see above? I don't have  a Smartphone and I want to be able to use the DVR manager from my computer. I can't understand why this feature was removed and it should be corrected.

Bronze Problem Solver

Asin wrote:

Can you please more specific about see above? I don't have  a Smartphone and I want to be able to use the DVR manager from my computer. I can't understand why this feature was removed and it should be corrected.

I don't know what else there is to explain that wasn't stated in previous posts. Currently, the only way to manage dvr on your computer with web site is if you have x1 service with cloud storage. As far as why was it removed, comcast has not explained that and I don't believe they will.

Frequent Visitor

We pay alot for Comcast. It is absolutely ridicoulous that they took away a feature and don't send email notifications to let us know!! I would love to get rid of comcast but it is my only choice where I live. 

Bronze Problem Solver

Anon536003 wrote:

We pay alot for Comcast. It is absolutely ridicoulous that they took away a feature and don't send email notifications to let us know!! I would love to get rid of comcast but it is my only choice where I live. 

Comcast removed MANY features with no notice

See all the removed features here:

Frequent Visitor

I would like Comcast to explain why they removed these features. They should put the features back.

Contributor

I am equally unhappy, but I see no indication that they plan to restore the previous (very good) system.  

Bronze Problem Solver

starrigger wrote:

I am equally unhappy, but I see no indication that they plan to restore the previous (very good) system.  

I doubt they will put back the old site, shortly after they took it away, a hidden web address was found/leaked that gave us access to the old site. After word spread and people started using it, the hidden old site was removed.

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

starrigger wrote:

I doubt they will put back the old site, shortly after they took it away, a hidden web address was found/leaked that gave us access to the old site. After word spread and people started using it, the hidden old site was removed.

I can confirm that the old website will not be coming back. Enhancements will continue to be made to the new XFINITY TV portal which will alleviate many of the concerns expressed in the forums.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

starrigger wrote:

I can confirm that the old website will not be coming back. Enhancements will continue to be made to the new XFINITY TV portal which will alleviate many of the concerns expressed in the forums.

ComcastDan, Can you tell us why they replaced the old one before the new one had the features of the old that we are complaining about?

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

starrigger wrote:

ComcastDan, Can you tell us why they replaced the old one before the new one had the features of the old that we are complaining about?

The former TV Go website was aging technology with many of its foundational systems well over 5 years old. That is an eternity in the ever changing world of browsers, operating systems and streaming technology. A major component of the former site was no longer able to be supported and would have needed to be rebuilt. Since the same technical team supports both experience, it was decided to migrate users to the new eperience ahead of that looming deadline. This will enable Comcast to accelerate development of the new experience by adding features such as favorites, watchlist and a more compact guide, among others. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

starrigger wrote:

The former TV Go website was aging technology with many of its foundational systems well over 5 years old. That is an eternity in the ever changing world of browsers, operating systems and streaming technology. A major component of the former site was no longer able to be supported and would have needed to be rebuilt. Since the same technical team supports both experience, it was decided to migrate users to the new eperience ahead of that looming deadline. This will enable Comcast to accelerate development of the new experience by adding features such as favorites, watchlist and a more compact guide, among others. 

Will the old feature of changing cable box channel and playing recordings/on demand shows through the cable box be added to the new experience?

Official Employee

m.venanzi wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

starrigger wrote:

Will the old feature of changing cable box channel and playing recordings/on demand shows through the cable box be added to the new experience?

That is a possibiity but nothing has been announced at this time.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Bronze Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

m.venanzi wrote:

starrigger wrote:

That is a possibiity but nothing has been announced at this time.

I hope it does, because without it the new site is mostly useless to home viewers who want to watch on a real tv instead of a small puter type screen.

Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

Let me get this straight, the former TV Go Website was replaced due to it being aging technology, but it is replaced by a website using a 20 year old technology: Adobe Flash? Even Google has announced it will be phasing out support for the Flash player in its Chrome browser fairly soon. Of course Chrome will still have an embedded Flash player, but it will now be off by default, with users having to activate it manually for individual sites. Can't wait for that transition, and the deluge of Comcast users again confused as to why the Comcast site is again broken.

Bronze Problem Solver

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

Let me get this straight, the former TV Go Website was replaced due to it being aging technology, but it is replaced by a website using a 20 year old technology: Adobe Flash? Even Google has announced it will be phasing out support for the Flash player in its Chrome browser fairly soon. Of course Chrome will still have an embedded Flash player, but it will now be off by default, with users having to activate it manually for individual sites. Can't wait for that transition, and the deluge of Comcast users again confused as to why the Comcast site is again broken.

I've been waiting for someone to point this out. It didn't make any sense to me either.

Bronze Problem Solver

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

HowAboutThisOne, you previously mentioned you have been testing the new site for about 2 years. Is it possible comcast started developments about 15 years ago and they're just that slow?

Frequent Visitor

Since I cannot use the new eperience this is a bad customer experience I am having. This was a really bad move by Comcast to remove the features from the website insead of addressing the issues. Obviuosly, the decision makers at Comcast did not consider user experience or user preferences when they removed features that customers were very happy with.

New Poster

It seems to be no secret that the company wishes to move away from storage to streaming. Clearly they want to make it difficult to use the DVR function yet maintain the claim that it's there so as to compete with other providers. I'm still trying to find an easy way to schedule a recording of a live sports event using any of the apps, including Android, Apple and PC. Search doesn't seem to be working and flipping through several days to the time of the event seems overly burdensome. A "record this" or "record series" option doesn't even appear even after finding the event. Ironic that this "upgrade" occured a few days after notice of data caps in the Minneapolis market. A new way to increase profits, "stream and cap." The caps may be high now but any metered service makes a viewer feel hesitant to watch for fear that they may somehow exceed a cap and lose access to critical bandwidth during a nonentertainment situation. With the advent of 4k programming we'll soon be pushing current caps.

Bronze Problem Solver

Hasthawk wrote:

It seems to be no secret that the company wishes to move away from storage to streaming. Clearly they want to make it difficult to use the DVR function yet maintain the claim that it's there so as to compete with other providers. I'm still trying to find an easy way to schedule a recording of a live sports event using any of the apps, including Android, Apple and PC. Search doesn't seem to be working and flipping through several days to the time of the event seems overly burdensome. A "record this" or "record series" option doesn't even appear even after finding the event. Ironic that this "upgrade" occured a few days after notice of data caps in the Minneapolis market. A new way to increase profits, "stream and cap." The caps may be high now but any metered service makes a viewer feel hesitant to watch for fear that they may somehow exceed a cap and lose access to critical bandwidth during a nonentertainment situation. With the advent of 4k programming we'll soon be pushing current caps.

Streaming while on your home network will not count against data usage unless you stream a TV Go channel or on demand. If you're away from home and you stream, you are using someone else's data (or your phone's).

From comcast announcement in main thread:

"Do the XFINITY TV app or portal use data?
When connected to your in-home XFINITY network, video programming is delivered to the XFINITY TV app and portal over Comcast's cable system, not over the Internet - just like all of the XFINITY programming delivered to your TV. Therefore, using the XFINITY TV app or portal in your home will not use XFINITY Internet and will not count towards any XFINITY Internet data usage plan that may apply.

When outside your home, video programming is delivered to the XFINITY TV app and portal over the Internet, which would count towards any usage thresholds that might apply."

Source:

Official Employee

Hasthawk wrote:

Hasthawk,

As an X1 user with DVR you may be able to add Cloud DVR to your account at no additional charge. You should give us a call (800-XFINITY) and ask if there is a cost in your situation and to add the proper rate codes if you are interested. 

With that, you will be able to search for your favorite teams and simply click "Record Team" or click on the "Games" tab to select individual games which interest you.

For non-X1 users, you can use the XFINITY TV Remote app to search by team name or filter TV Listings by sports (iOS only at this point but Android coming soon).

Regarding data usage plans, FAQs are available here: https://dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/ .  In-depth discussion on that topic is best for the XFINITY Internet forum

flyers.jpg 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

Well this is total BS. Home users should not have to jump through hoops because Comcast eliminated the DVR Manager features. I am very dissapointed and angry that Comcast did this. Not everyone lives in a Cloud and persnonally I do not want to. I want to access my account on-line, click on DVR Manager and have the capability to schedule and record, just as I have always been able to. Is there a way to be compensated for features that were available and removed after I agreed to have Comcast as my provider for 2 years?

Frequent Visitor

Totally agree... terrible service.. 

Service Expert

ComcastDan wrote:

Hasthawk wrote:

Hasthawk,

As an X1 user with DVR you may be able to add Cloud DVR to your account at no additional charge. You should give us a call (800-XFINITY) and ask if there is a cost in your situation and to add the proper rate codes if you are interested. 

With that, you will be able to search for your favorite teams and simply click "Record Team" or click on the "Games" tab to select individual games which interest you.

For non-X1 users, you can use the XFINITY TV Remote app to search by team name or filter TV Listings by sports (iOS only at this point but Android coming soon).

Regarding data usage plans, FAQs are available here: https://dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/ .  In-depth discussion on that topic is best for the XFINITY Internet forum

I get a 400 on that link in Chrome.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Problem Solver

RobertWy wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

Hasthawk wrote:

Hasthawk,

Yes, because the URL the link points to is wrong (dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/%C2%A0but). It should be https://dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/

People should check their links after posting a message.

Service Expert

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

RobertWy wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

Hasthawk wrote:

Hasthawk,

Yes, because the URL the link points to is wrong (dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/%C2%A0but). It should be https://dataplan.xfinity.com/faq/

People should check their links after posting a message.

Thanks.  I also found this web site:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/internet/data-usage-what-is-the-terabyte-data-usage-pl...

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Asin wrote:

Well this is total BS. Home users should not have to jump through hoops because Comcast eliminated the DVR Manager features. I am very dissapointed and angry that Comcast did this. Not everyone lives in a Cloud and persnonally I do not want to. I want to access my account on-line, click on DVR Manager and have the capability to schedule and record, just as I have always been able to. Is there a way to be compensated for features that were available and removed after I agreed to have Comcast as my provider for 2 years?

Totally agree!!!   Comcast should promptly get DVR Manager feature available working online.

I want it for PC (I'm NOT gonna shell out big bucks for a 'smart phone' with yet another big monthly bill like my $220+ Comcast bill).

Service Expert

deleted

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

bdmaytum wrote:

Totally agree!!!   Comcast should promptly get DVR Manager feature available working online.

I want it for PC (I'm NOT gonna shell out big bucks for a 'smart phone' with yet another big monthly bill like my $220+ Comcast bill).

You can use an Android emulator on your pc to use the tv remote app to control your dvr

Read here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Xfinity-TV-Website/UPDATE-Announcement-and-feedback-thread-TV-Go-is-now...

Regular Visitor

So I can not use DVR Manager because I live in one of the last places that will get CloudDVR, Minneapolis/St. Paul..

Service Expert

DavidCleanL wrote:

So I can not use DVR Manager because I live in one of the last places that will get CloudDVR, Minneapolis/St. Paul..

Cloud DVR "has" been rolled out in all X1 markets at this time....   The FAQ was updated and no longer reflects markets that Cloud wasn't available in.

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

New Poster

same problem

Service Expert

Willamino wrote:

same problem

Have you called Comcast customer service and asked them to add the Cloud rate code to your account?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Make sure you downloaded the right app. You want the "Xfinity REmote" app, not the "Xfinity TV" app. Just ran into the same problem today and figured it out.