Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

download error 503 --second time asking

Frequent Visitor

download error 503 --second time asking

I am still getting download error 503 - am I the only one? I can't download half of what I record because of this error.

New Poster

Re: download error 503 --second time asking

I have the same problem.  Downloading most programs generate this error.

Frequent Visitor

Same with me on any device... Pointless app...
New Poster

I'm having the same problem.

New Poster

I am also having the same issue. I cannot download any of my dvr recordings.
Problem Solver

Like I've said on another thread, I've seen this complaint multiple times before, and have yet to see a Comcast reply to this issue.

If you really want to complain about the app, either call Comcast or send an email to "Xfinity_TVApp@comcast.com".  These are user to user forums, and if a Comcast employee doesn't read your post, then nothing will get done about it unfortunately.

The more people that send an email, the more likely they will fix the app.

New Poster

I called last night and was ont he phone for 47 minutes, transferred 3 times only to be told:

We need to report this to our level 2 support.  We will contact you within 24 - 72 hours.

Problem Solver

Good luck with that.  I would still send an email to Xfinity_TVApp@comcast.com.  They might actually get back to you.  They did for me about a different issue.

zanorange1 wrote:

I called last night and was ont he phone for 47 minutes, transferred 3 times only to be told:

We need to report this to our level 2 support.  We will contact you within 24 - 72 hours.

New Poster

FYI, when you email Xfinity_TVApp you are emailing the app team, not support. If there's enough information in the email, the app team will forward to the proper team for investigation (or, if it's an app bug, investigate themselves). The information needed depends on the issue you're reporting, but it usually includes device type, OS version, app version, and Comcast username (in case it's an account- or region-specific issue).