Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

diagnosis code xcl-88

New Poster

diagnosis code xcl-88

Screen shows error message and the restart button does not work.  Message says set-top must be restarted due to a system error.

New Poster

Re: diagnosis code xcl-88

I spent over 30 minutes on the phone with customer service only to be told there was an outage in my area.
New Poster

I hope its not an outage but wouldn't surprise me, if give them the diagnosis code they have a cheat sheet what each are, shouldn't have wasted your time like that
New Poster

I'm a Comcast tech and even my tricks wouldn't work. I'll be mentioning this in my meeting today. Any feedback will be posted.
New Poster

The first customer service rep said that code wasn't listed on her "cheat sheet" an I was told to call a different number. Called the 2nd number only to be on hold due to higher than average call volume which I find hilarious since it was before 5am. Anyway, the 2nd rep had know idea and her supervisor told her its was an outage based on the high number of calls about it. Good interface bad reliability as this the 2nd crash in 2 days (less than 3 weeks installed).
New Poster

Diddo

New Poster

Same here, I am also a tech trained in X1, never have seen this error code, and did all the usual troubleshooting I could think of. My terminal box however, is fine, but is unable to see the default DVR. Calling now so another report can be made

Regular Visitor

Have had the x1 for about two months now this is the first major crash.  xcl-88 issue started this morning.  On off button and un plug to re boot system failed to solve issue.  Comcast connectivity check on their website says everything OK on their end. Looks like they are aware of the issue. Just hope they can fix soon.

Regular Visitor

same here, only on my dvr box...all other hd boxes work

Regular Visitor

I get the feeling they released X1 too soon.  It's like we're the gineau pigs for it.  For what they charge I expect better product.  Way too many issues so far.

New Poster

My DVR is back on in Jersey
Frequent Visitor

Ditto for me in IN.

New Poster

Just got off the phone with Comcast. Rep gave me a ticket number & told me there is now a "special team" working on this issue. I'm supposed to get a call back at some point during which I will either be taken through futher troubleshooting steps or make an appointment for a Tech to come out.   Now as I'm typing this, the service just restored! 

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

My DVR just came back on.

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same problem as well. In Maple Grove MN XCL-88. I called and waited for 40 mins and got hung up on.  Then I tried chat with agent and they are escelating it. This looks to be a national problem this morning. SInce one person said they are back up, if I read that right, hopefully it is just a temporary glitch. 

Hehehahaha! LOL! IT JUST CAME BACK AS I AM TYPING THIS!

HAPPY IN MAPLE GROVE!

John