Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

comcast tv and videos will suddenly not load

Frequent Visitor

comcast tv and videos will suddenly not load

I used restore point today to fix a computer problem which it did on my Lenovo. Then I found I could not play video anywhere and got an ocassional "plugin failed " message. I restored it back to a time when all was well. Still cannot load XOD.

Problem Solver

Re: comcast tv and videos will suddenly not load

Slavomir wrote:

I used restore point today to fix a computer problem which it did on my Lenovo. Then I found I could not play video anywhere and got an ocassional "plugin failed " message. I restored it back to a time when all was well. Still cannot load XOD.

How far back in time is your restore point? Your browser and Flash might have been updated in that time period. What browser is giving you the problem? Might need to do a browser/Flash update to get things up to the proper requirements.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks, I updated google chrome today and still does not work with Xfinity.

Problem Solver

Slavomir wrote:

Thanks, I updated google chrome today and still does not work with Xfinity.

What errors are you getting now? Have you tried a different browser besides Chrome?

Regular Contributor

It may not be a problem with your computer at all.  Do not let them put you through a bunch of garbage working on your system.  It is is not likely that your problems are the result of your actions.  Comcast service does not work to begin with,  It is not working for anyone else.  EVERYONE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS YOU ARE. 

Since these problems are onging and have been around since the system was first developed 4+ years ago with no nsign of them being fixed.  It is unlikely that your probelems are the result of your computer change.   Even it is a problem with your computer and you fix it, you will still not be able to use the comcast live streaming or online on demand because these things as I have just explained have never worked.

The solution to the comcast TV problems is to buy an antenna TV.  My houshold is discussing getting rid of comcast TV services altogether. 

Official Employee

Klawdek wrote:

It may not be a problem with your computer at all.  Do not let them put you through a bunch of garbage working on your system.  It is is not likely that your problems are the result of your actions.  Comcast service does not work to begin with,  It is not working for anyone else.  EVERYONE IS HAVING THE SAME PROBLEMS YOU ARE. 

Since these problems are onging and have been around since the system was first developed 4+ years ago with no nsign of them being fixed.  It is unlikely that your probelems are the result of your computer change.   Even it is a problem with your computer and you fix it, you will still not be able to use the comcast live streaming or online on demand because these things as I have just explained have never worked.

The solution to the comcast TV problems is to buy an antenna TV.  My houshold is discussing getting rid of comcast TV services altogether. 

I know you are frustrated and agree that we can and should do better. However, there are millions of users on the XFINITY TV portal each month watching tens of millions of hours of TV shows and movies. It should work 100% of the time for 100% of users and that is our goal. We are clearly falling short and I apologize. It simply isn't accurate to say, in all caps, that everyone is having problems.  This is a support forum so odds are high that most here will be either needing help or offering help.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Hi, a comcast tech helped me by phone and yes, I have no problem with Firefox and xfinity TV and movies. I googled Chrome and I think they may have stopped using Adobe Flash plugin. 

Frequent Visitor

Dan, Xfinity (via my Chrome browser) tells me I need Adobe Flash to continue. I download it, to no avail. Thanks for responding. Any ideas? I had absolutely no problem for several years with any TV or movies.

Official Employee

Slavomir wrote:

Dan, Xfinity (via my Chrome browser) tells me I need Adobe Flash to continue. I download it, to no avail. Thanks for responding. Any ideas? I had absolutely no problem for several years with any TV or movies.

Hopefully this will get you up and running:  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/enabling-flash-player-chrome.html

Summary of that page is that you should check here to ensure Flash is enabled:  chrome://plugins

If that doesn't work, you can also try clearing your browse cache (clearing cookies isn't usually necessary) by following these instructions:  https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en

Let me know how that works out.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

I tried everything, but videos just continue to try and load, but never do. Thanks again.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation