New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

cannot be played- 5062

New Poster

cannot be played- 5062

Hi,

Any TV program I try to play, does not work and it says, "This video cannot be played" and then under "5062". Under "learn more" this code does not even exist.

I also already reinstalled Adobe. Any suggestions?

Thanks

New Poster

Bad DNS - anyone else?

Having to use google's DNS server because ours is so poor - anyone else seeing this?

New Poster

Re: cannot be played- 5062

I think the last time I was able to watch anything without issue was about 2-3 months ago. As of yesterday, I haven't been able to pull up any videos. We've tried 3 different computers that have different OS, used different browsers and even  tried a Windows tablet. No success. The last time I could view videos coincides with the time I mysteriously got locked out of my account without warning due to not having a comcast email address on file. I'm not even going to bother trying to call Comcast as I already know it won't end well. Will be going into a local storefront for answers, if I luck out and get help I'll post back w/ their response.

New Poster

Re: cannot be played- 5062

I have not yet made it into a local store and remain unable to view videos via the Comcast website. That's such a shame because it was always a nice account add on. I DID make the mistake of calling the 1-800#. It was as expected, worse than awful. Outsourcing customer service to people in other countries who can't help is utterly pointless.

I can hop over to HBO Go just fine and view videos. Outside of Xfinitity I can stream Amazon & Netflix (not using Firefox but I'll live I think). I think maybe some of the media players like Roku allow users to authenticate cable subscriptions for channels like Nat Geo & History. I'm going to be looking into that as I feel pretty certain Comcast won't get it together.

Long story short, this is a Comcast website issue. Trying to follow their "help" FAQs won't do you any good. You can have the lastest Flash player and any OS and it just won't work.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation