Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

can't watch xfinity tv shows online anymore

Frequent Visitor

can't watch xfinity tv shows online anymore

Recently I have been unable to watch Xfinity TV shows online. Whenever I select an episode of The Daily Show, it will go to the play screen as if it's about to start and say "starting playback" perpetually without ever playing. Looks like the problem is on your end.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

Re: can't watch xfinity tv shows online anymore

Am I the only one having this problem?

Frequent Visitor

So last night, suddenly I was able to watch everything again... Now every show is perpetually loading again. What could have changed? My cache is cleared. No changes on my end.

Regular Visitor

I have the exact same problem- get same  "starting playback" message perpetually, but it never loads/plays.  I got runaround from Comcast on three separate calls- with only conclusion that problem is on my end. Any suggestions?

Frequent Visitor

I just called and they said the issue is on Microsoft's end, so I should just download Google Chrome, which supposedly works fine.

Regular Visitor

Did Google Chrome resolve the problem? Thanks.

Frequent Visitor

Yes, but I don't like the browser as much. The bookmarks are strangely unorganized into one big list you have to cut and paste for each and name, so I created a shortcut on my desktop that goes to igoogle home, with some xfinity links right there to my fave tv shows.

New Poster

even i am having a same problem on chrome

Official Employee

SNatu6516 wrote:

even i am having a same problem on chrome

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

(Error 900|3325.857)

Regular Visitor

whenever I try watching a show now, as soon as it gets to the 'ad break' everything stops up. I can't get the prgram past the 1st ad...

New Poster

Was able to watch yesterday with almost no problems, now suddenly all I'm getting is 3325.857 on everything, nothing plays.  It's been intermitent for the last couple of hours, now it's constant, nothing works. All other streaming sites working fine and rest of my internet connections no problems.

New Poster

Re: can't watch gifting tv shows online anymore

i keep gitting an error of 900 i am unable to watching any shows

New Poster

Recently I also have been unable to watch online.  If I try to play something it says  "Obtaining authorization..." then quickly goes to a screen stating "This video is rated TV-PG. Manage Parental Controls>>".  If I click on the link about Parental controls it takes me to user settings where there is no place for me to do anything since I have NEVER had to set parental controls since I have no kids.  Frustrating....

New Poster

I am having the same Problem as well It is all the Doctor who shows that I started with and none of them work any more. I updated all my software ran scans, Uninstalled, Reinstalled, Open admin even tried to open up chat and the 2 people I talked to did not help at all and did not seem to understand it. and got rude with me then Disconected sooo I am happy at least to know I am not the only one. I have tried to use Google Chrome, Fire fox, I.E. None of them will work and it the same on my 2 other computers none of them will work.

New Poster

I did as asked! I hope you can help!   My Device Information My Zip Code: Unknown My Cable Provider: Unknown Use Dac: True My Conroller ID: 178 My Map ID: 134 My Persona ID: 7016 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Queue setup: True Facebook Queue Syncing: True Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 2601:1:8280:103:F99e:dbc3cf3:56a8 My operating system: Windows - Undefined My web browser: Chrome 28 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/28.0.1500.95 Safari/537.36 My system type: Desktop Computer Or Other Device My Silverlight version: 5.1.20513.0 My Flash version: 11.8.800 Javascript: Enabled Cookies: Enabled (2364 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Jul 30 2013 13:30:59 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time) Server Clock Time: Tue Jul 30 2013 13:31:03 GMT-0600 (Mountain Daylight Time)

My Account Information In Home Authenticated: False Primary Account: True Provider Codes: S, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Em, Ax, Bs, At, Bl, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Cw, K, Dg, J, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, It, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Fd, Do, Fy, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Dj, De, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Co, Gh, Ir, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, F, M, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Cz, Ia, C, Br, Fe, Ex, Ga, Fw, Bh, Fz, Bx, Dw, Fn, Ff, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, Bq, Aw, Dc, Da, Im, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, El, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Cm, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
Contributor

all the threads in the forum,i have been reading and replying to since jan 13.infinity just progresses from one problem to another and i have experienced most of them like all the rest of comcast's other customers.it just DOES NOT EVER IMPROVE.choppy video,no audio,constant commercials and video stopping- not playing at all at the beginning. no problems with amazon,hulu or netflix, EVER, on any of my devices with any other provider. or i just go to the network and watch my shows at their site with absolutely no issues. i would drop comcast at this point -no need for it and their frystrations,but the partner likes some of the tv viewing they offer.

New Poster

same problem.  debugging.  i get a dead on arrival movie.  the ad plays fine.  i switched off of the comcast router by using my telephone as a wifi on verizon network.  worked fine.  no problem in any browser on mobile wifi.  therefore, the problem is somewhere after the signal leaves comcast to the pc, whether hardwired or on my home wifi.  it would appea that it's not "inside" comcast.  it's either some issue with the comcast home hardware, ports, ip, etc.  but, it's not the browser, since everything works fine at my home on any browser, if i simply re-connect to my mobile phone as a hotspot.

New Poster

No Andrew your not alone I'm having the very same problem and have been for the last couple of days. SMH @ Xfinity who has seemingly had a huge downturn in customer satisfaction. Continually providing less for more. Looks like as much as I really hate to say it because I have been a huge fan of Xfinity for years but maybe it's time to move on to someone else. CenturyLink is making a big push in this area so I might just have to give them a try. Can't afford the dozens of useless hours trying to trouble shoot a problem that someone else is supposed to be being paid for..

New Poster

I only use Chrome and it has the exact same problem, sounds like Xfinity is dodging responsibility for poor service.

New Poster

Chrome allows you to import from IE and if you go into the settings on the right upper part of yor browser you can show the bookmarks bar which will allow you to access several of your most visited sites easily. Just takes some getting use to. But I had the same problem using Chrome as you did using IE I wonder if I switched to IE if it would fix the issue?

New Poster

As you requested Joe Comcast

My Device Information

My Zip Code:Unknown
My Cable Provider:Unknown
Use Dac:True
My Conroller ID:190
My Map ID:115
My Persona ID:9747
My myDVR Manager Status:Not Installed
My Set Top Box Names:Not Installed
My Watchlist setup:False
Facebook Watchlist Syncing:False
Facebook Connect:False
My public IP address:2601:2:5f00:145:Acf9497:C7bb:af61
My operating system:Windows - Undefined
My web browser:Chrome 42 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, Like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.152 Safari/537.36
My system typeesktop Computer Or Other DeviceMy Silverlight version:Unknown
My Flash version:17.0.0Javascript:Enabled Cookies:Enabled (3047 Bytes).
Time Information

My Clock Time:Mon May 18 2015 09:05:59 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
Server Clock Time:Mon May 18 2015 09:05:37 GMT-0500 (Central Daylight Time)
My Account Information

In Home Authenticated:False
Primary Account:False
Provider Codes:S, Jt, Gt, Du, Cy, Fk, Ep, Eq, Hc, Dm, Cq, Hb, Eu, Ey, Ee, Fm, U, Gz, Fc, Eh, Bt, Gi, Ja, Bw, Gf, Bu, By, Bs, At, Em, Bl, Ix, Gd, Fo, Bp, Gw, Gr, Iy, K, Dg, Dt, Bn, Ha, Bi, Bj, Ce, Ez, Dx, Gk, Fh, Ef, Fd, Do, Fy, Jo, Ju, Is, Au, Ew, Ed, B, Dj, De, H, Fa, Ci, A, Fx, Gq, Cp, Jf, Cw, Ge, Ea, Cb, Eb, Bz, Jj, Co, Jr, Gh, Jc, Gn, Dp, Gg, Gl, Dh, En, Gp, Fi, Cd, Cf, Fb, Ar, Cg, Df, Cu, Ir, Jq, Ia, C, Br, Fe, N, Ex, Jv, Ga, Fw, Fz, O, Bx, Dw, Bb, Bc, Fn, Ff, Jm, Dv, Fs, Ct, Cs, Et, Cv, Gv, Fr, Db, Dr, Bm, Jb, Gm, Er, Fv, Dy, Bo, Dn, Ft, El, Bq, Jk, Aw, Je, Dc, Jl, Jw, Jn, Da, Im, Iz, Fq, Fl, Gs, Bv, Di, Fu, Cx, Dq, Fg, Fp, Ds, Eo, Gx, Y, Es, Gj, Ev, Ht, Gc, Fj, Cn, Ch, Gb, Eg, Cc, Ji
Internet Subscriber:TrueCable
TV Subscriber:TrueVoice Subscriber:True

New Poster

As instructed, I am pasting infor about my system.   My Device Information My Zip Code: 71203 My Cable Provider: Recommended by Comcast Use Dac: true My Conroller ID: 41 My Map ID: 10 My Persona ID: 4956 My myDVR Manager Status: Not Installed My Set Top Box Names: Not Installed My Watchlist setup: true Facebook Watchlist Syncing: false Facebook Connect: false My public IP address: 2601:3c6:0:ee25:9535:855a:bb2:d394 My operating system: Windows - rv:38.0 My web browser: Firefox 38 - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Silverlight version: 5.1.40416.0 My Flash version: 18.0.0 Javascript: enabled Cookies: Enabled (1694 Bytes). Time Information My Clock Time: Tue Jun 16 2015 19:58:51 GMT-0500 (Central Standard Time) Server Clock Time: Invalid Date
My Account Information In Home Authenticated: false Primary Account: true Provider Codes: s, jt, gt, du, fk, ep, eq, hc, dm, cq, hb, eu, ey, ee, fm, u, gz, fc, eh, bt, gi, ja, bw, gf, bu, by, bs, at, em, bl, gd, fo, bp, gw, gr, iy, k, dg, dt, bn, ha, bi, bj, ce, ez, dx, gk, fh, ef, fd, do, fy, jo, ju, is, au, ew, ed, b, go, dj, de, h, fa, ci, a, fx, gq, cp, jf, cw, ge, ea, cb, eb, bz, jj, co, jr, gh, jc, gn, dp, gg, gl, dh, f, m, en, gp, fi, cd, cf, fb, ar, cg, df, cu, ek, ir, jq, c, br, fe, n, ex, ga, fw, fz, o, bx, fn, ff, jm, dv, fs, ct, cs, et, cv, gv, fr, db, dr, bm, jb, gm, er, fv, dy, cj, bo, dn, ft, el, bq, jk, aw, je, dc, jl, jw, jn, im, iz, fq, fl, gs, bv, di, fu, cx, dq, fg, fp, ds, eo, gx, d, y, es, gj, ev, gc, fj, cn, ch, gb, eg, cc, ji Internet Subscriber: true Cable TV Subscriber: true Voice Subscriber: true
New Poster

guess it's no use for me to post the info requested seeing Jo from Comcast never responded to anyone!!!  so saddd

New Poster

No one at comcast admits to a problem. Happens across all browsers. There is a very simple solution however. Drop comcast and sign up for Verizon. 

New Poster

Nope.  I an having the exact same problem

Service Expert

Topic now Closed.

Feel free to create a new topic with your detailed issue.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon