Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

can't get silverlight to work

New Poster

can't get silverlight to work

i am using firefox 14.0.1 with osx mountain lion 10.8.1 and i cannot get the silverlight plugin to work. i have uninstalled it manually twice, with mac keeper once and reinstalled silverlight about 8 times. i have manually dragged silverlight in the application folder and tried just about anything i could find in the forums online. it just won't work. i need help because i want to watch tv

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: can't get silverlight to work

wheelcher wrote:

i am using firefox 14.0.1 with osx mountain lion 10.8.1 and i cannot get the silverlight plugin to work. i have uninstalled it manually twice, with mac keeper once and reinstalled silverlight about 8 times. i have manually dragged silverlight in the application folder and tried just about anything i could find in the forums online. it just won't work. i need help because i want to watch tv

Please go to www.xfinitytv.com/computer and copy the information you see on-screen and paste it in this thread so we can further assist you.

When trying to start a video, are you getting a message that tells you to upgrade/install Silverlight or an error code?

Also, please send the URLs of the videos that you are trying to watch.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Here is my info.  I am also getting the message to download MS Silverlight, which I have done and installed.  Keep getting the same message.

My Zip Code: 55442 My Cable Provider: Comcast My myDVR Manager Status: Unknown My Set Top Box Names: Unknown My Queue setup: False Facebook Queue Syncing: false Facebook Connect: False My public IP address: 71.195.53.162 My operating system: Mac - rv:15.0 My web browser: Firefox 15 - Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0.1 My system type: Desktop computer or other device My Move player version: 071706000001 My Silverlight version: Unknown My flash version: 11.4 r402 Javascript: enabled Cookies: enabled Time Information My Clock Time: Mon Sep 24 2012 11:59:22 GMT-0500 (CDT) Server Clock Time: Mon Sep 24 2012 11:59:23 GMT-0500 (CDT)

My Account Information Primary Account: True Provider Codes: s, bq, ce, cd, cf, aw, ar, cg, au, bv, b, u, c, br, bt, h, ad, bw, bh, ci, a, y, bx, bb, bc, bu, by, bs, at, cb, ch, bz, bm, bl, bp, bo, cc, f, m, bn Internet Subscriber: True Cable TV Subscriber: True Voice Subscriber: True
New Poster

By the way, my Silverlight version is 5.1.10516.0, installed just now.

Official Employee

defurry wrote:

By the way, my Silverlight version is 5.1.10516.0, installed just now.

What version does Microsoft say you have? Go here to see:

http://www.microsoft.com/getsilverlight/Get-Started/Install/Default.aspx

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation