Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

blocked CBS shows

Regular Visitor

blocked CBS shows

why are CBS shows blocked from online tv?

Silver Problem Solver

Re: blocked CBS shows

TheRelic wrote:

why are CBS shows blocked from online tv?

Hello,

Because it is the network that has the rights.

Official Employee

TheRelic,

Our content team is constantly working to bring you a wider selection of networks on the Xfinity TV App. We add new content daily, but due to licensing agreements, we may not have every movie/show/episode available for viewing.

I will pass your request of adding CBS shows along to our content team.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

If CBS shows are not available why are they advertised on XFINITY tv?

Official Employee

TheRelic,

CBS videos are avialble to watch on Xfinitytv.com. Go here to browse.

Where did you see that CBS is advertised to watch on the Xfinity TV App? I would like to further look into way it would say that.

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Silver Problem Solver

there are cbs on demand shows available on the xfinity tv app.

New Poster

We would sometimes miss The Good Wife on Sundays, but usually it was always available by the next evening, Monday. For the past two nigmost the most recent episode has NOT been available so quickly. I wonder when it will be available, or if we should view it on CBS streaming online.

its one of the few shows we watch. I note that The Daily Show is available in what seems a week later on demand. Different shows, different rebroadcast rights I guess.

Official Employee

CHrisjuricich wrote:

We would sometimes miss The Good Wife on Sundays, but usually it was always available by the next evening, Monday. For the past two nigmost the most recent episode has NOT been available so quickly. I wonder when it will be available, or if we should view it on CBS streaming online.

its one of the few shows we watch. I note that The Daily Show is available in what seems a week later on demand. Different shows, different rebroadcast rights I guess.

I am sorry but CBS does not make their shows available on the XFINITY TV Player App.

You can see the last four episodes of The Good Wife on XFINITY.com/tv through a PC or Mac:

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/The-Good-Wife/7103256165508658112/full-episodes#episode=469901032...

Thanks,
Joe

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

so there is no way to watch cbs show on my android device?

New Poster

Please add CBS live shows to the comcast xfinity online TV! 

Regular Visitor

You cannot view the shows through the link you posted. I tried and it said I needed the xfinity app which I have.
New Poster

I just tried to watch Amazing Race from the xfinity.comcast.net website and was informed that the video can only be viewed with the Xfinity TV app. I followed the links to download and installed it. Then I ran the app, but could not find Amazing Race, or even the CBS network for that matter. I found AB Cand NBC.

What's the deal?

I could watch it on my DVR in the basement or through OnDemand, but its too cold down there. I was hoping to watch it on my tablet and then cast it to the TV in the living room.

Thanks,

Hyrum

New Poster

gaak, I was so mad when they pulled a few of my favorite shows off air and was no longer on demand. There is a way for you watch these shows on a device. Ill never replace my cable because its just so convienent, but I also hate being a slave to what they want me to see which is why i bought this box. Get this box http://stroombox.com/product/stroom-box/ You can stream every movie every show ever made, but like i said, its awesome but not a complete replacement for cable.

Regular Visitor

I've been watching CBS shows that I recorded off a XI box on my tablet with the Xfinity TV app. Then on Monday, October 12th, CBS shows stopped showing up on my recordings list, but it still shows up on my X1 box at home. Shows from other channels shows up on both the app and X1. What's going on?
New Poster

if cbs is free over the air, why isn't it avaiable on xfinity online?

Frequent Visitor

This is an irrelevant response, since CBS privides the streaming service, and I pay CBS for content.