Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

bein sports connect

New Poster

bein sports connect

I pay for being sports so I should be able to stream it as well but for some reason Comcast is not an option on the bein sports connect website. Now I have been checking on the website periodically with no change. 
Notice: This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of our firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.
Tags (1)
Contributor

Re: bein sports connect

I just sent this note to Comcast... Their answers just don't add up. 
I copied a note (see beloe) from customer support regarding FOXSPORTS 2 and why we can't enjoy their web-streams unless we have FOXSPORTS 2 in our actual cabel channel lineup.
But.... if what you said is TRUE then we should be able to watch BEINSPORTS Connect's online streams and watch content that we pay for in our Comcast Sports Package. But, as you probably know BEINSPORTS Connect isn't available to Comcast customers – even those who are paying every month for it (in crappy standard def to boot)! 
Please explain why I DON'T have online access? (If Comcast could just open a real HD channel for BEIN that would be amazing!)

ONLINE ACCESS

Apologies. The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

Official Employee

tythety wrote:
I just sent this note to Comcast... Their answers just don't add up. 
I copied a note (see beloe) from customer support regarding FOXSPORTS 2 and why we can't enjoy their web-streams unless we have FOXSPORTS 2 in our actual cabel channel lineup.
But.... if what you said is TRUE then we should be able to watch BEINSPORTS Connect's online streams and watch content that we pay for in our Comcast Sports Package. But, as you probably know BEINSPORTS Connect isn't available to Comcast customers – even those who are paying every month for it (in crappy standard def to boot)! 
Please explain why I DON'T have online access? (If Comcast could just open a real HD channel for BEIN that would be amazing!)

ONLINE ACCESS

Apologies. The current contract terms with Fox only allow online access to Fox Sports 2 for customers who have that channel (Fox Sports 2) in their level of service.

That is how most all cable networks operate and this situation is standard across all video providers.

Live streams of all the FOX Sports Networks are available at no additional cost to fans who receive FOX Sports as part of their TV subscription through participating TV providers. If you get FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2, and FOX sports regional channels at home, you've got access!

In regards to the beIN Connect app, Comcast has not yet come to contract terms with beIN that are required to offer access to the beIN Connect app by our customers.

Our customers can access live streams of beIN's main channels now via the XFINTY TV Go app via a mobile device or online on a laptop or desktop at the link below.

I realize that this is not the same access that the beIN Connect app provides.

Watch live TV here including two channels of beIN Sports: http://tvgo.xfinity.com/watch-live-tv

More info on the XFINITY TV GO mobile app: http://tvgo.xfinity.com/apps

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for this!

I almost cannot believe we got an offical comment.

Of course there is no agreement in place, but it was been quite a while since BeIN Sports added their streaming feature (at least since 2014) and they offer a good deal more content via that than their basic channels (BeIN Sports 1 and 2), similar to EPSN 3.

Is there by any chance a timeline on when Xfinity expects to reach those agreements or is even working towards getting them?

Xfinity/Comcast is the only major provider not to have a straming agreement with beinsportsconnect.tv and this has been one of the most requested feature on this forum.

Thanks

Official Employee

cleviepoo wrote:

Thanks for this!

I almost cannot believe we got an offical comment.

Of course there is no agreement in place, but it was been quite a while since BeIN Sports added their streaming feature (at least since 2014) and they offer a good deal more content via that than their basic channels (BeIN Sports 1 and 2), similar to EPSN 3.

Is there by any chance a timeline on when Xfinity expects to reach those agreements or is even working towards getting them?

Xfinity/Comcast is the only major provider not to have a straming agreement with beinsportsconnect.tv and this has been one of the most requested feature on this forum.

Thanks

Apologies.

Comcast continues to be in discussions with beIN regarding this. Our programming team talks with beIN regularly. I don't have a timeline as to when an agreement might be reached.

A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer this service to our customers. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I hope you realize you're losing customers. I pay $9.95 extra for this package but I can't even watch my team on BeIN connect. Luckily Verizon is now in my area Smiley Happy 

Bye comcast!

New Poster

Its been a years as far bavk as 2012 since folks started requesting for access to BEIN sports connect yet you guys are not doing anything about it!!! U continue to turn a deaf ear to our request which is not fair nor acceptable. At least give us a resaonable explanation but rather u treat us the customers as nothing forgetting that we are the people who keep you in business. I think its too long a wait for just a simple explanation or better to give us our request. The service is free to all other BEIN subscribers so y should we left out. If adding even $2 will make it possible please ask us but dont pretend u dont know what we want. Its insulting and very bad customer service. Plz do something now we are tired of this treatment
Thanks
New Poster

When are we going to be respected by comcast? Its just infair that u pretend not to hear our wishes. This is crazy and simply acceptable. Plz give us access to BEIN sports connect. We pay enough to get this privilege too dont we? Stop spitting in our face and taking us for granted make us happy for once and loaten to our request plz. Plz plz , plz , plz, do some thing we cant endure this treatment any longer. Thanks .
Frequent Visitor

I believe the reason is not "not finding an agreement". every other Tv providers did except comcast? I do not belive that. Comcast do not want to add that service, the same way they do not want to make the channel full HD. I (and a lot of other comcast customers) have been asking for 3 years for connect and they always have the same answer- it is a waste of time. I signed up for FUBO.tv , which give you access to connect  for $10/month. if you have a smart tv, you can watch fubo on your tv browser and get HD quality.

New Poster

I pay for BeIn sports and i would like to know why i cannot stream BeIn Connect sports. You have stated that the industry standard is that if you pay for the channel on cable you should be able to stream from the web, see quote below.

ONLINE ACCESS

Official Employee

australian1 wrote:

I pay for BeIn sports and i would like to know why i cannot stream BeIn Connect sports. You have stated that the industry standard is that if you pay for the channel on cable you should be able to stream from the web, see quote below.

ONLINE ACCESS

In regards to the beIN Connect app, Comcast has not yet come to contract terms with beIN that are required to offer access to the beIN Connect app by our customers.

Our customers can access live streams of beIN's main channels now via the XFINTY TV app via a mobile device or online on a laptop or desktop at the link below.

I realize that this is not the same access that the beIN Connect app provides.

Watch live TV here including two channels of beIN Sports:
https://tv.xfinity.com/ Search for beIN in the upper right search box
or via the XFINITY TV app: http://www.xfinity.com/apps.html

Comcast continues to be in discussions with beIN regarding this. Our programming team talks with beIN regularly. I don't have a timeline as to when or if an agreement might be reached.

A contract and agreement to terms is required before we can offer this service to our customers.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Frequent Visitor

always the same non sense answer. bein sports connect is offer for free with suscription.. as of right now, 17 tv providers offer it to their customers... but not comcast...

SIGN IN FOR beIN SPORTS CONNECT!
IT'S FREE WITH YOUR beIN SPORTS SUBSCRIPTION

CHOOSE YOUR TELEVISION PROVIDER, SIGN IN AND ENJOY beIN SPORTS CONNECT.
AT&T U-verse
Atlantic Broadband
Bright House Networks
Cox
DIRECTV
DISH
Frontier Communications
FuboTV
Hotwire Communications
Liberty Cablevision of PR
Mediacom
Optimum
PlayStation Vue
RCN
Time Warner Cable | Spectrum
Verizon Fios
enTouch
New Poster

Comcast is the biggest, wealthiest cable company in the country, but they can't offer BeIn on HD or get a licensing agreement that much smaller, less powerful companies have. 

I seriously don't know why I give you guys my money. Seriously considering moving back to Frontier. 

Official Employee

Hello All,

Comcast does not currently have an agreement in place with the BEIN Sports to offer access to their programming and coverage online or via your mobile device. We apologize for any inconvenience as we constantly evaluate content availability for our customers.

Please feel free to leave feedback here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/channel-availability-faqs/

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.