Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

battlestar galactica

New Poster

battlestar galactica

What happened to Battlestar Galactica?  All seasons just disappeared on the cable box interface, tho the series title is still available on some  menus.  On the website, the series is still listed as available, but the click through says not available and some nonsense in French.  What is going on please?

Official Employee

Re: battlestar galactica

barleygreene wrote:

What happened to Battlestar Galactica?  All seasons just disappeared on the cable box interface, tho the series title is still available on some  menus.  On the website, the series is still listed as available, but the click through says not available and some nonsense in French.  What is going on please?

We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

The library of Streampix content continues to expand. In order to help make room for more movies and shows, the HD versions of certain programs may no longer be available on your TV. The standard definition versions of these movies and TV shows are still available with XFINITY On Demand on your TV, online at XfinityTV.com and on the Xfinity TV app.

The HD versions of seasons 1-4 have been removed.

As of the online page, are team is currently fixing this.

Sorry,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hi,

Is the removal of BSG seasons 1-4 in HD temporary?

Standard def is terrible.

Please bring back BSG in HD.

New Poster

Joe -  Please bring back th HD Battlestar Galactica.  I am glad you are expending the library, but no one wants to watch standard definition, especially for a show like Battlestar.  Adding more diskspace would be a better solution than removing the HD content.  When you put an "Available Until" date with the HD versions that indicates people can access the HD content until Feb 2013, people rely on that information.  I would greatly appreciate it if you can help fix this issue.  Thanks!

New Poster

Hey: Joe.  thx for the email, but let me get this straight:  you delete BSG HD (which is all anyone wants to use), even tho you told us it would be available until 2013?  I signed up for streampix based on the amount of content you had in HD and WHAT you had in HD.  Now you have pulled almost everything, and the "it's OK" is that I can still watch it in nonHD?  Why are you not honoring the 2013 BSG date you originally committed to?  And where are these expanded offerings in TV HD?  They are not on my comcast streampix.  Please let me know.  thx

Official Employee

Hi all,

The decision to remove this and other HD programming is to make room so we can add additional programming to Streampix. I do not have a list of specific shows and movies that are going to be added but I will update this thread when I learn more.

I will also pass your request of bringing back BSG in HD along to our content team.

Thanks,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support
Twitter: @XfinityTVJoe

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Hey Joe:  do you have a timeframe for when we will see this NEW content...first, you should keep the content up until the date you list, as to do otherwise is bait and switch.  Second, paying for weeks where there is NO content (from my point of view) is not fair either....not sure you guys have your sh@#$%^ together on this...so, is there a real date for new TV HD content, as that is the reason for removing all the cool stuff you had before, with no warning or notice?

New Poster

Thanks Joe!

New Poster

I agree with Barleygreene.

If you are going to promote Streampix as a significant competitor to Netflix by using Battlestar Galactica in your advertising, you should probably keep the series in HD.

You look very silly trying to compete with Netflix by only offering a product in standard definition.

How does Netfilx have all this "space" and Comcast doesn't?

On Demand has become more confusing to navigate do to these new changes.

As a business I understand that you must revamp and upgrade and add new products in this very competitive industry.

I just hope this is just an example of taking a few steps back to take more steps forward.

Regular Visitor

I was watching BG and had not completed the series, still had part of 3 and all of 4 to go.  Boo on you!  For not letting people know you were going to discontinue.  One, you should give people warning so they don't get caught unaware.  Two, stop advertising it when you don't have it on line!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Very, very disappointed!  Agree with folks who say it Netflix is looking better all the time.!!!

New Poster

I have to agree with the above posters. 

I specifically started watching Battlestar Galactia because
a) all my friends have been bugging me to see it &
b) because it was listed as being available--in HD-- on the Streampix On-Demand listings until 2/28/13!!

This would be a major annoyance if offering this series were free via On-Demand, however we are paying extra for the privilege to watch Streampix!  Since Comcast is charging us for it, how can you take it away?  Servers aren't that expensive and remember that your customers are paying--twice--for the privilege of watching Streampix movies & tv shows!!!

Also, the tv series 'Life' was also removed in HD recently, too (despite also showing it would be available until 2013).