New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

available to watch in home only

ANSWERED
Contributor

available to watch in home only

This is happening to me again. I've been watching TV on my home PC and suddenly I'm asked to sign in. When I went back to the movie I was watching, it now says it's 'available to watch in home only.' I AM at home and I AM watching on my home Wifi. Please advise and please fix ASAP.

Accepted Solution

Re: available to watch in home only

I had to try some other browsers ( Edge, IE11, Chrome, Firefox) to get it to work.

View answer in context
Service Expert

I had to try some other browsers ( Edge, IE11, Chrome, Firefox) to get it to work.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Contributor

Re: available to watch in home only - SOLUTION

Thank you for the suggestions. I only use Chrome based browsers. I finally did get it to work again by signing off and rebooting. But, this is not the first time it's happened. Previously, it took a few days to correct and I sure didn't want to have the problem that long or longer.

Official Employee

Hi Scorp9681, I am glad this issue has been resolved. What could be causing this problem is that your browser is losing connectivity or your signal drops too low and your PC opts to go with a stronger connection like your local Xfinity wi-fi. If this does happen again please make sure you're connected to the right network, and if so signing out of online and clearing your cache and cookies should do the trick.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

ComcastAmir wrote:

Hi Scorp9681, I am glad this issue has been resolved. What could be causing this problem is that your browser is losing connectivity or your signal drops too low and your PC opts to go with a stronger connection like your local Xfinity wi-fi. If this does happen again please make sure you're connected to the right network, and if so signing out of online and clearing your cache and cookies should do the trick.

Sorry but there wasn't any 'solution' as it corrected itself. The first time it happened, it lasted for 3 days with refreshing, multiple sign outs and multiple reboots.

Frequent Visitor

This same error is happening to me on my laptop. It started several weeks ago durring a neighborhood cable outage. I suspect something that Comcast did has caused this. (You know how we hate to call them.) All I can get now are the TV Go streaming channels I get the "available to watch in home only" error for all other channels in my lineup. I was hoping there was a solution for me to apply that would fix it. So far I've found nothing.

My network connection is rock solid and my laptop is hard wired to the router, no WiFi involved. I'm just using the chrome browser and reboot daily as a general practice.

Any ideas?

Frequent Visitor

My situation has been resolved. I read somewhere on Google when researching this topic that sometimes the issue is caused by the wrong MAC Address for your cable modem being recorded on the account. That turned out to be the case. It required a call to Comcast which turned into half a dozen calls and service tickets and missed return calls before finally connecting to an agent that fixed it. It was I that suggested that the MAC addresses on file be checked, so without my own research on this it still would be broke. Thank goodness for Google search.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation