Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

android device trouble

New Poster

android device trouble

Installed this from play store. Am getting a notice "This is not compatible with your device". I can,t see anywhere the requirements for running this. My tablet runs "Ice cream Sandwich'--am wondering if it only works with jellybean? Hasn't been 24 he's.--may need to do that synch thing. Or not.... any ideas? Tyvm.
Silver Problem Solver

Re: android device trouble

the app does not work with every tablet.  If its one of the lower end ones it probably will not work.

Frequent Visitor

rog286713: can you provide any more substantial information? Simply saying it may not work is not helpful for those of us for whom the app does not work. What are the hardware and software requirements? In my case, starting up the app, I get "An unknown error occurred during this request. Please try again." Hitting "Try Again" just gives the same message, and hitting "Cancel" just sits there with the spinning "Loading" message. All I'm trying to do is to see my listings, being able to control my cable box is secondary for me.
Silver Problem Solver

Xfinity TV Player app for  Android

Here are the details and requirements:

Watch thousands of XFINITY ON Demand™ TV Shows & Movies anytime, anywhere.

Download the XFINITY™ TV Player and put a world of entertainment in the palm of your hand. Watch your favorite XFINITY On Demand TV™ shows and movies on your Android phone or tablet – wherever you go.

With the XFINITY TV Player App, you can watch thousands of hours of TV shows and movies*.

• Play content anytime, anywhere on your Android Phone or Tablet

• Enjoy TV Shows and movies from your favorite networks, including premium channels like HBO, Starz, Showtime, Cinemax and cable channels like TNT, TBS, Cartoon Network and BBC America.

• Set parental controls, so you can enjoy your content with privacy and peace of mind.

REQUIREMENTS:

• Internet connection (Wi-Fi, 3G or 4G) • Android phone or tablet running Android 2.3 and higher.  *If you are running an older version, you will not see the app in Google Play.*

• XFINITY TV or Comcast Digital Video service. You will also need a subscription to one or more eligible channels to play content. • Comcast ID or Comcast.net email address and password.

TV and VOD Listings, Remote Tune, and Remote DVR are not included on this app.

Streaming video is not available internationally.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation