Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

adding device

Contributor

adding device

I have an off-brand android tablet ("Dragon Tablet") that is unable to connect to Xfinity TV (meanwhile, TV Go works fine, as do all other Xfinity connect, etc., apps). I start the app, go to the blue screen "Let's start by adding your device to the Xfinity TV account", and login with my Comcast login. The login succeeds and I go to a screen/page saying "Adding device....", and that's it. Never goes further. The app is hung (but I can still touch my Back icon and exit).

All my other tablets work - the device gets added just fine, so it is clearly a unique problem with this tablet. But also, all my other attempts at logging in and using other Xfinity Android apps work fine on this tablet; TV Go, Xfinity Wifi, Xfinity Connect, .... all login in fine and function fine. But for some reason, the "Adding device..." is used here (and not in other apps), and for some reason that is failing.

I have updated the firmware in the tablet, updated to Android 4.4.2, etc. It's as current as the manufacturer will let me make it.

Is there anything I can do to make this tablet and app workable together?

Also: why do we need to keep supplying our login credential to every single Xfinity app, and login over and over when we use those apps? Can't the credential be saved on the device and employed as the login when the app starts?

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation