discussions

activate Starz on I Pad

New Poster

activate Starz on I Pad

Comcast is not listed as a provider 

Frequent Visitor

Re: activate Starz on I Pad

I found this on the Xfinity/Starz issue for Ipad:

Comcast disagrees with Starz's one-app-fits-all approach. The biggest U.S. cable operator and a key Starz affiliate has opted not to participate in the TV-everywhere aspect of Starz's new app.

For now, at least, Comcast is declining to enable the authentication (or verification) of Starz subscribers on Comcast Xfinity who want to use the new app. Representatives of Comcast and Starz both say they are "great partners" and hope something can be worked out to resolve the situation, though it is unclear what might cause Comcast to change its view on the matter.

Apple's latest update of the new Starz app, released yesterday (April 19), states that Comcast Xfinity views on the app are not authenticated. Comcast Xfinity does not appear on the drop-down menus on the app or on Starz.com that list pay-TV affiliates that will authenticate their customers. A Starz spokesman said Comcast Xfinity is the only major distributor not authenticating subscribers to watch Starz and Starz Encore content on the app.

Comcast points out that Comcast Xfinity customers with Starz and Starz Encore subscriptions have other TV-everywhere options, via the Xfinity.com website and the Xfinity TV mobile apps. That's what customer service representatives are telling customers that call to ask about it, Comcast said.

http://www.multichannel.com/news/cable-operators/comcast-wont-authenticate-subs-new-starz-app/404340

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation