Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Your timezone is not the same as the listings you're viewing.

Frequent Visitor

Why am I getting this message on Xfinity TV Listings web page ever since the time change last Sunday when my computer time is right?

Change your computer clock to change the grid.

Contributor

Re: Your timezone is not the same as the listings you're viewing.

I have been getting the same message since Sunday, too.

Gold Problem Solver

Frequent Visitor

Of course they do, that is all they do, but it maybe the reason why my watch on TV On Demand is not showing anything in TV shows that are on my watch list.  Just like many things work intermitently or not hardly at all with xfinity!

Official Employee

People can ignore that error message because when it is broken it is essentially meaningless. It doesn't change the functionality of the website. It just informs users why shows may be listed at the incorrect time and how to fix it. So for most users right now, it's an annoyance which is incorrectly detecting an issue and educating them on how to fix something that isn't broken. It's an annoyance that we need to fix, but ignoring it will work until we do.

Anything which is stopping a user from using the site correctly is a different issue and should be reported separately.

The VOD issue you described is something separate that is broken. It wouldn't be right to tell you to ignore that because that is a bug that's affecting your ability to use the website. We expect to have that fixed early next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

I'm getting it too. Sounds like there are a lot of us.

Regular Visitor

Simply uncheck the setting on your computer/device's clock to automatically adjust for daylight savings. Refresh your listings page and everything should be good to go.

Gold Problem Solver

harleyflstc wrote:  Simplyuncheck the setting on your computer/device's clock to automatically adjust for daylight savings. Refresh your listings page and everything should be good to go.

It should not be necessary for me to change a setting on my computer to an incorrect value which will need to be changed back again in a few months in order to accommodate a buggy Comcast web page.

Regular Visitor

I didn't say change the time., or time zone. I said uncheck the automatic daylight saving time option. leave the time as it is. I know this got rid of the error and allowed me to use my laptop as a remote again. I'm more interested in having something work than carping about Comcast. They may eventually fix the bug. I'm just telling you how I worked around it. But, if you'd like to just rail against Comcast, feel fre to do so. Meanwhile, I have all my functionality back.

Official Employee

Do NOT change settings on your computer to fix this issue if all of your settings are correct. This is a bug with the website, not your computer.

Having your computer automatically adjust for Daylight Savings Time is a very useful feature and disabling it will cause your computer settings to be incorrect the next time Daylight Savings Time comes around. Basically you'd be breaking something on your computer to fix a bug with the website.

I know it's an annoying error message but other than being annoying it's not hurting anything because the entire bug is that the error message is shown. It doesn't affect the functionality of the website. If you're seeing another problem with the website it is unrelated and you should start a new thread to report it.

We have a fix in testing and are hoping to get it out to the public soon.

Again, there is nothing you need to do in response to this error message and we're sorry for the inconvience.

- Dan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Official Employee
Moved:

Contributor

It isn't just an annoyance anymore Dan. Using Safari on my iPad the webpage goes into an infinite reloading loop until it eventually errors out. None of the buttons on the left are selectable any longer either, it's just flat broken. This is coming from someone who is computer savvy, so please don't dismiss it as a minor inconvenience at this point. In the end Safari reports it as a "crashed webpage" if it matters.
New Poster

The problem has been fixed Today were I live in Boca Raton, FL. No more timezone error message about my computer clock being wrong. Nice work. Smiley Happy

Matt R                         

Contributor

Yes, the error message is no longer displayed, but using Safari on iOS 8 it still reloads until it errors out and no options are selectable. It's as if every button is dead and there's no way out of the constant reloading of the webpage. This could be an issue with iOS, so I'll have to try it out on my Windows 7 setup using Firefox.
Contributor

Amazing.......Comcast cant correct a simple error such as this??

Maybe when we pay our bills late......we can just tell COMCAST its a technical error and to ignore it. We will get it resolved when WE get around to it!!!!

Regular Visitor

I'm still getting the message on my laptop.

Frequent Visitor

This happens for a week or two, after nearly every time change. It's been going on for at least a couple years, I think. It is just a minor annoyance, but it such a fixable issue it is hard to believe it persists.  Just par for the Comcast course, I guess.

Regular Contributor

I get that also. I'm ignoring it. My computer's clock is correct. My timezone setting is correct...

Regular Contributor

RhinoDean wrote: This happens for a week or two, after nearly every time change. It's been going on for at least a couple years, I think. It is just a minor annoyance, but it such a fixable issue it is hard to believe it persists. Just par for the Comcast course, I guess.
Contributor

I'm getting the same error message " Your timezone is not the same as the listings you're viewing. Change your computer clock to change the grid. Well, my time zone is correct. I'm in 02639 area, and my computer clock is using (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada).

ALL OF THAT IS CORRECT, Telling people to just ignore something just ticks me off. If it's no big deal , then it shouldn't be a big deal to fix.

New Poster

It's easy for them to say ignore it, when they're posting shows/movies that were playing an hour ago!   Another reason to HATE comcast...FIX THIS PLEASE!!

New Poster

When using the app to get to your DVR Mgr, open up the  *(Setting) on the right side and uncheck the daylight saving time option. I was trying to record the Chelsea game and was giving me error but once i unchecked the daylight savings time was able to set the recorded show> 

Hope this helps -