Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Your app seems to use an incredible amount off memory on my iPad

New Poster

Your app seems to use an incredible amount off memory on my iPad

Xfinity stream tv seems to be growing on my iPad. I used to be able to download 5 movies at a time but now your app is using up over 6 gigg and can only download one at a time. Your app is using up all my memory a little at a time and has grown into a monster. I only download movies and then return them and do not save anything else. I looked in settings for a temp file or a way to free up memory  but do not see any. I like your app but it is gobbling up my I pad.

Official Employee

Re: Your app seems to use an incredible amount off memory on my iPad

Cwalker591 wrote:

Xfinity stream tv seems to be growing on my iPad. I used to be able to download 5 movies at a time but now your app is using up over 6 gigg and can only download one at a time. Your app is using up all my memory a little at a time and has grown into a monster. I only download movies and then return them and do not save anything else. I looked in settings for a temp file or a way to free up memory  but do not see any. I like your app but it is gobbling up my I pad.

Sorry you're having trouble. The app itself is only about 90MB. I assume you've checked in your Downloads area to ensure you don't have extra content on your device.  I suggest you sign out of the app (you can do this within setting which looks like a gear icon in the main navigation).  That will "check in" all the downloads you currently have.  Then, you should delete and reinstall the app.  Deleting the app will also delete any of its saved files.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation