Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinitytv Online: American Horror Story, broken Ad

New Poster

Xfinitytv Online: American Horror Story, broken Ad

I am trying to watch American Horror Story, Episode titled "The Dead" (see link below).  The normal XFINITY window appears with the Manage Parental Controls and the TV Rating. Then it reloads to a Bud Light square ad with a white background. The ad stays there indefinitly and does not reload the actual video player. I've tried reloading the page, same results. I've tried a different browser, same results. I've tried updating the browser and Flash Player, same results. I've tried a different computer, same results. I am using an iMac, OSX 10.7, Google Chrome and Safari and a Windows machine, Windows 8, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. 

I tried to play the video on my iPad and iPhone and it worked as intended.

URL: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/American-Horror-Story/5299739892062945112/68496451913/The-Dead/vi...

New Poster

Re: Xfinitytv Online: American Horror Story, broken Ad

I'm having the same problem!!!!! Just with a different show!

New Poster

BUD LIGHT AD broken

The bud light ad is broken, not allowing to continue to the TV show. 

New Poster

Same problem as above only with Sons of Anarchy. Stuck on the Bud Lite ad. 

New Poster

Having issues in multiple shows, gets stuck on ads.

Haven (22nd) and White collar (21st).

New Poster

American horror story video keeps going to a beer ad on a white page

This video plays an xbox commercial then goes to a blank white page with a beer ad. if you hit refresh it does the same thing over and over and over. no video. just a stupid 300x250 beer ad on a white page.

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/American-Horror-Story/5299739892062945112/68496451913/The-Dead/vi...

New Poster

same problem with the same show!

New Poster

I just notices this was posted 10 hours ago. so my guess is that NO EMPLOYEES from support are actually looking into this problem???? seriously. Im new here is this how xfinitly handles technical issues like this? in a forum where no one but the people having the problem are watching?

New Poster

I tried to get help online but got dumped when the analyst said they were escalating my report to another department. Ive never seen such terrible customer service when you cant even email them to tell them about what is wrong.

New Poster

Yes! Please fix this! I've been trying all day.

And let me just say this is the problem with all these ads that want to jump out at you and have a thousand links and stuff flying around the page and all this stuff to force you to watch and force you to click. This isn't the first time this has happened. I understand that's how the money is made but it shouldn't be at the expense of the show. The commercial breaks are so bad sometimes too, cutting right across characters sentences! Someone should be monitoring this because regardless of whether I'm watching online, I'm still paying for this service! 

New Poster

I wrote this is as a message into the forums 

"BUD LIGHT AD broken

The bud light ad is broken, not allowing to continue to the TV show."

Comcast deleted my comment 

"Post removed for a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation."...

WHAT? i was stating an issue. They obviously dont care. Comcast sucks! (they might delete this too)
New Poster

BUD LIGHT AD is BROKEN

COMCAST PLEASE stop DELTEING MY ISSUE im having with Xfinity TV online. It's obviously and issue everyone else is having because people are posting about it. Can you fix the problem??

The BUD LIGHT ADVERTISEMENT IS BROKEN!

"Post removed for a deliberate forum language filter circumvention violation."- I didnt use bad language in my last post and im not saying anything bad in this one either. Im stating an issue.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem

New Poster

Bud Light Ad is Stuck

The Bud Light ad will not close and tries to force you to abandon your show to "follow" Bud Light to Facebook. You can NOT close the Bud Light ad.... It just keeps going or will freeze on the screen and not let you continue watching your online TV program.

Tags (1)
New Poster

BUD LIGHT AD

Not sure what is going on, but I've seen that others have been having this issue as well.

Every single time I try to play anything online through xfinity, I pick the show/movie I want to watch, then comes the routine commercial ad for whatever, and now I keep getting kicked into this other page with a Bud Light Advertisement and cannot get around it, nor can I view anything I would like to watch.

Getting pretty frustrating and I have tried everything to get past it, but I just can't. Tried responding to the ad, clicking on it, reloading pages, trying alternate tabs and videos, but still nothing.

PLEASE FIX THIS!! This ad is now getting in the way and not allowing paying customers to view what we are paying for. It's enought that there are so many commercials and ads already, which is fine. But now this is a problem blocking people from accessing any online content.

New Poster

Re: Bud Light Ad is Stuck

I've got the same thing. Looks like everyone is having this problem. Kinda ridiculous that after watching all of the normal commercials and advertisements that now we have another one that seems broken which wont even allow us to watch what we want to watch.

Now it's ONLY commercials and ads.. This needs to get fixed ASAP!

New Poster

Re: American horror story video keeps going to a beer ad on a white page

Same thing has been happening for two days when I try to watch the League. I see that 138 people have viewed this topic so they probably found it the same way I did: searching something similar to "bud light beer commercial ruining xfinity streaming". I hope this gets fixed soon. Thanks for making a posting.

Frequent Visitor

Re: American horror story video keeps going to a beer ad on a white page

I keep having the same thing happen for me with American Horror Story.  I click to watch and I get a video ad for xbox, and then it goes straight to a Bud Light ad.  This is very bothersome and upseting. 

Frequent Visitor

Bud Light Ad Broken

I am trying to watch American Horror Story and can not.  I click to watch and an ad for x-box plays and then it opens up this ad for Bud Light that is basicaly this white screen with a clickable link for Bud Light in the uper left hand corner.  It will not go back to the video, and will do the same thing even after refreshing it. This is very bothersome and upseting please fix this.  Thank you

New Poster

This is incredible. I have been having the same issue with SOA. But I guess when you essentially have a monopoly on the cable services, customer service tends to become cumbersome. Plus, its understandable with the joint venture their going through with Time Warner and all. Come on Comcast, we expect better.

New Poster

Having similar issues on every show freezing at first commercial. 

Official Employee

Hi all,

Thank you for alerting us about this issue. Our team is working on it now and I will update this thread when I learn more.

Sorry for the inconvenience,
Joe
XfinityTV.com/Xfinity.com Support

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Frequent Visitor

American Horror Story - S3 Ep9 - Freezes at first commercial

Title says it all. That's been the case since the episode was released on xfinitytv.com.

New Poster

Blank screen when loading video ads on SOA

While watching sons of anarcy online on my laptop when we get to first commerical ad break the screen goes black and from a full screen mode to regular mode and it says your show will resume after advertising but the advertising doesnt display and the show is just a black screen

Contributor

Re: American Horror Story - S3 Ep9 - Freezes at first commercial

thanks, I reproduced the problem. I'll open a ticket with my fellow engineers and get this addressed.

- Jessica

New Poster

I have had this problem with many shows and movies as well.  Did they find a fix for you?  Comcast said to clear my browsing history and try again, but the problem keeps happening.  I put in an escalated ticket yesterday, after contacting Comcast a few times and still nothing for me.  Of course now I can't watch anything anyway since I have the error 5084.  I'm not sure why I keep paying them money, when I have nothing but problems.

New Poster

American Horror Stories - Commercials Freezing Entire Episode

Hi,

We are having issues watching AHS. At the start of any of the commericials, the entire episode freezes and nothing happens. Even after refreshing the browser the problem still persists. 

Other shows such as NCIS is not having issues. Is it just all the FX shows? We had the same problem with Sons of Anarchy as well.

Please help us fix this asap.

Contributor

Hi Bettyx - We had an issue earlier today with the 5084 errors, that was quickly resolved. You should be able to play videos now.

Still working on the American Horror Story S3E9 issue.

If you can give details on other episodes that are having troubles with playback, please provide the urls.

Thanks!

- Jessica

New Poster

Hi Jessica,

We are also having the same problem with episode 8 and 7 on American Horror Story. The show starts out just fine. Once the first commercial is slated to begin, no videos show and "your video will resume shortly" appears. The episode just gets stuck. I am still having the same problem with episode 9 as well.

Episode 8: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/American-Horror-Story/5299739892062945112/68496451913/The-Dead/vi...

Episode 9: http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/watch/American-Horror-Story/5299739892062945112/88221763816/Head/videos

Thank you.

New Poster

We are still having the same issue with American Horror Story and SOA. Everytime we get to the first commercial the whole episode freezes and we cannot move on. Please help!

Official Employee

Hi All,

This issue should now be resolved (as of last night) - please reply if you continue to experience a viewing problem.
Thanks,
Tony

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Mine stops at the first ad and goes to black and says your video will return shortly and never does,it  just starting doing this the other day

New Poster
Regular Visitor

Trying to watch American Horror Story, "The Magical Delights of Stevie Nicks". Freezes at the first ad. I've tried for several days. Restart/resume/skip: all freeze at first ad. I've started watching shows on Hulu whenever I can, since so many ads don't work. I might have to go back to Uverse or try Dish.

Frequent Visitor

Same problem. Seems to be a frequent problem when new episodes are posted. Seems like half the time I have an ad that hangs.

Frequent Visitor

Been waiting eagerly for a month for new episode of  American Horror Story,  and found the same problem as everyone else, just a total freeze at first ad. This is monstrous - over six weeks since it was reported and apparently no-one at comcast is capable of putting it right.  totally inept and amateurish service to think we rely on such 'technicians'  with our internet and home security ......and no effective quality oversight or control. In the uk they would be paying fines and compensation daily   and being investigated by the industry ombudsman,  thought americans  were supposed to be advanced in technology, not comcast apparently.   Personal replies and apologies (and a proper service) would be appreciaed.  I bet comcast staff watch DirectTV!

Regular Visitor

marinersteve wrote:

thought americans  were supposed to be advanced in technology, not comcast apparently.   

We are as advanced as any other developed nation. We just put business ahead of government and society here. Go USA. I really don't mind having to watch ads. But, I wish they would work. I had the same problem with Almost Human, but at least that is available on Hulu. In December it was the Bud Light Ad. I also sometimes have the ad break repeat endlessly. I used to just wait a week or two. But, I pay too much for my service for that. 

Please fix your ads, Comcast!