Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinitystreaming does not work with Chrome Browser? Any Fix information would be appreciated?

Frequent Visitor

Xfinitystreaming does not work with Chrome Browser? Any Fix information would be appreciated?

A year ago Tier 4 Comcast tech. support told me this error was my computer. However streaming works with Internet Explorer. Anybody know the fix because apparently Comcast does not.

XfinityStreamFatalDrmError.JPGERROR MESSAGE WHEN USING CHROME BROWSER

Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Xfinitystreaming does not work with Chrome Browser? Any Fix information would be appreciated?

I am having the same problem with a mac and firefox. this use to work.

the only changes to the environment have been updates to the browser

New Poster

Re: Xfinitystreaming does not work with Chrome Browser? Any Fix information would be appreciated?

I run the app through the Chrome browser on two different ChromeBoxes and it works OK (sort of), although not as good as with other streaming services like Netflix. The ChromeBoxes are at two different physical locations with two different ISPs. Most channels lose video-audio sync at random times whether TV Go or local and need to be restarted to regain sync. I don't have this issue with the IOS app on my iPhone. I also have a Roku TV with the beta version streaming app loaded that works OK (sort of, but with different issues).

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation