Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinitystreaming does not work with Chrome Browser? Any Fix information would be appreciated?

ANSWERED
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Xfinitystreaming does not work with Chrome Browser? Any Fix information would be appreciated?

A year ago Tier 4 Comcast tech. support told me this error was my computer. However streaming works with Internet Explorer. Anybody know the fix because apparently Comcast does not.

XfinityStreamFatalDrmError.JPGERROR MESSAGE WHEN USING CHROME BROWSER

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinitystreaming does not work with Chrome Browser? Any Fix information would be appreciated?

I am having the same problem with a mac and firefox. this use to work.

the only changes to the environment have been updates to the browser

View answer in context
Tags (1)
New Poster

Re: Xfinitystreaming does not work with Chrome Browser? Any Fix information would be appreciated?

I am having the same problem with a mac and firefox. this use to work.

the only changes to the environment have been updates to the browser

New Poster

I run the app through the Chrome browser on two different ChromeBoxes and it works OK (sort of), although not as good as with other streaming services like Netflix. The ChromeBoxes are at two different physical locations with two different ISPs. Most channels lose video-audio sync at random times whether TV Go or local and need to be restarted to regain sync. I don't have this issue with the IOS app on my iPhone. I also have a Roku TV with the beta version streaming app loaded that works OK (sort of, but with different issues).

New Poster

It used to work for me last year,,,,now don't in 2018??

This is Not good, as I can't use Chromecast to another TV!

That's it. Leaving cable company!!

Anyone??

Service Expert

@JP717 wrote:

It used to work for me last year,,,,now don't in 2018??

This is Not good, as I can't use Chromecast to another TV!

That's it. Leaving cable company!!

Anyone??

hi, what URL are you using? do you get the menu and are you logged in? do you get to the guide or recordings page successfully? have you deleted cache and cookies and tried again?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Contributor

Same problem...

Was using Chrome, and ever since last week, I finished watching a movie, and Streampix popped up a message saying it needed to update itself.

Clicked on "ok" and it did the update, and then it stopped working on Chrome and hasn't worked since.

It worked on Firefox though, so I started watching with that...

Until just this morning when I finished watching an episode of Westworld and Streampix again said that it needed to update itself.

Clicked on "ok" and it did the update, and now it no longer works on Firefox AND Chrome...

I am running out of Browsers to use it on and this is my only source to watch TV...

Frequent Visitor

WHERE THE HECK IS COMCAST? WHY SHOULD WE HAVE TO POST WITH NO HELP FROM COMCAST? 

Service Expert

@cjc-75 wrote:

Same problem...

Was using Chrome, and ever since last week, I finished watching a movie, and Streampix popped up a message saying it needed to update itself.

Clicked on "ok" and it did the update, and then it stopped working on Chrome and hasn't worked since.

It worked on Firefox though, so I started watching with that...

Until just this morning when I finished watching an episode of Westworld and Streampix again said that it needed to update itself.

Clicked on "ok" and it did the update, and now it no longer works on Firefox AND Chrome...

I am running out of Browsers to use it on and this is my only source to watch TV...

xfinity uses adobe flash not a 'streampix' that has to be updated. have you installed the free norton virus that comcast provides? uninstall firefox and reinstall, enable flash (you can google the procedure) and then play the stream stie.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Flash v30 is already installed and enabled on Firefox and IE and Chrome.

I've been watching Xfinity Streampix for about 6 - 7 months now.

https://tv.xfinity.com

Then within just the past week its gone and "updated" itself and now it doesn't work on 2 of 3 Browsers.

Cache and Cookies have been cleared on each of them on a regular basis.

It continues to work on IE...

I do not use Anti Virus programs...

They are plagues and viruses themselves, overbloated and entirely unnessary, purposely designed to bog down your computer and make you download their updates that eat up your PC resources... especially Norton and Mcafee.

AVG and Comodo used to be decent, but then they too evolved into bloatware intended to bog you down.

So I haven't used any Anti Virus in over 8 years except for Microsofts' Security Essentials; Malwarebytes, and Emsisoft Anti-Malware... and haven't had a virus problem on any of my PC's ever since.... viruses after all, only effect people who don't know what they're doing... if you do, then you know how to avoid getting them. 

Simply just don't ever use virus laden sites.... like Fakebook... I mean, Facebook.

Service Expert

@cjc-75 wrote:

Flash v30 is already installed and enabled on Firefox and IE and Chrome.

I've been watching Xfinity Streampix for about 6 - 7 months now.

https://tv.xfinity.com

Then within just the past week its gone and "updated" itself and now it doesn't work on 2 of 3 Browsers.

Cache and Cookies have been cleared on each of them on a regular basis.

It continues to work on IE...

I do not use Anti Virus programs...

They are plagues and viruses themselves, overbloated and entirely unnessary, purposely designed to bog down your computer and make you download their updates that eat up your PC resources... especially Norton and Mcafee.

AVG and Comodo used to be decent, but then they too evolved into bloatware intended to bog you down.

So I haven't used any Anti Virus one in over 8 years except for Microsofts Security Essentials; Malwarebytes, and Emsisoft Anti-Malware... and haven't had a virus problem on any of my PC's ever since.... viruses after all, only effect people who don't know what they're doing... if you do, then you know how to avoid getting them. 

Simply just don't ever use virus laden sites.... like Fakebook... I mean, Facebook.

that is the Xfinity stream site (web site). It will never say it needs to update. Norton is free with your subscription. what version of windows are you running? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Never says it needs to update?

It does so on a regular basis and has been doing so every couple of weeks, ever since I signed up for the service back in November.

I finish watching a program, click the "X" to go back to the main page and it pops up a box saying "Streampix needs to update" and only gives me the option to click on "OK" and then it reloads/refreshes the website and makes me sign back into it.

The last two times its done this, it stopped working on Chrome after last weeks update, and then stopped working on Firefox after the last update earlier this morning.

I am running Windows 7 Home on my streaming PC.

..and yes Norton may be "free" with my comcast subscription but I still won't ever use it again.

Service Expert

@cjc-75 wrote:

Never says it needs to update?

It does so on a regular basis and has been doing so every couple of weeks, ever since I signed up for the service back in November.

I finish watching a program, click the "X" to go back to the main page and it pops up a box saying "Streampix needs to update" and only gives me the option to click on "OK" and then it reloads/refreshes the website and makes me sign back into it.

The last two times its done this, it stopped working on Chrome after last weeks update, and then stopped working on Firefox after the last update earlier this morning.

I am running Windows 7 Home on my streaming PC.

..and yes Norton may be "free" with my comcast subscription but I still won't ever use it again.

if you are watching the streampix channels using the Xfinity TV Streamsite then nothing has to update. streampix is a channel (collection) that play back on a linear channel or via on-demand xfinity streampix programs (played through the Xfinity streamsite web page).

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

They why does it say it has to update itself and refresh the website and ask me to log back into it.. once every 1 - 2 weeks?

Service Expert

@cjc-75 wrote:

They why does it say it has to update itself and refresh the website and ask me to log back into it.. once every 1 - 2 weeks?

could be malware etc. i use the web page all the time it never wants to 'upgrade' (chrome updates via the help/about screen on chrome). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

No, it doesn't say anything about "upgrade"...

It clearly uses the word "update" and then it refreshes the webpage and then I have to log back into it.

Its not Malware, my Malware programs (mentioned above) are updated and run daily, this mornings run showed I'm still clean...

I've not had any malware issues for several years now anyway.

Frequent Visitor

I've been trying to get a solution to the Chrome FOX News browser links not working with Xfinity for weeks.... nothing works. I almost gave up but somehow found a new/different login for FOX News on Chrome.... https://tv.xfinity.com/live/

You can click on whichever link you want and the video from FOX News streams beautifully. Go figure. So, Xfinity, it's NOT my computer it's your links and streams!!!.

Contributor

Just finished watching something and it did it again, asked me to "Update"....

This time I took a screenshot.

This was on IE, fortunately it still works on this Browser...

But the previous two times it did this; once on Firefox and once on Chrome... Streampix then stopped working on those Browsers.

Streampix Update.jpg

Service Expert

@cjc-75 wrote:

But the previous two times it did this; once on Firefox and once on Chrome... Streampix then stopped working on those Browsers.

Streampix Update.jpg

you really need to run the free norton antivirus included in yoru subscription. nothing in chome is going to ask you to update like that. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

@Rustyben wrote:

@cjc-75 wrote:

you really need to run the free norton antivirus included in yoru subscription. nothing in chome is going to ask you to update like that. 

Well its also showing update available on the page, not just the error box

Streampix Update.jpg

Bronze Problem Solver

@mvenanzi wrote:

@Rustyben wrote:

@cjc-75 wrote:

Well its also showing update available on the page, not just the error box

Streampix Update.jpg

Also, the following can be found in the source code for the web page:

Please_take_a_moment_to_update_so_you_can_enjoy_th:"Please take a moment to update so you can enjoy the latest features and enhancements."  

Looks like the text for the error box.

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 19 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 8 in conversation