Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

XfinityStream 500 Error

Frequent Visitor

XfinityStream 500 Error

Over the past few weeks, I constantly recieve the following error when attemtping to stream Live TV to my PC or Mac:

Error xacsa.provision.500: General server fault

If I click on "Ok"...after 5-6 attempts it may finally connect successfully and then work OK.  This is very frustraing as it may take 10 minutes to start a stream.  This never happened a month ago.  I have attempted to connect from 3 different geographic locations and with different PC's and Mac's.

Has anyone else seen this issue?  Can anyone provide any more detailed information on this "provision" error?

Thanks,

Dr Gary

New Poster

Re: XfinityStream 500 Error

Dr, Gary, I'm getting same message

same problem -- worked for weeks then stopped.

did you get a resolution for your problem that you are willing to share.

thanks,

Dr. Carolyn

Frequent Visitor

Greetings Dr...

I have not found an answer to this annoying issue.  It continues to occur every day for the past 2 plus weeks.

I have even tried it from 3 different geographic locations and it happens at every one.  I have a theory but have not been able to prove it right or wrong.  The public DNS entry tv.Xfinity.com uses a rotating list of 10 different public IP's.  I think that possibly some of these 10 are seeing the error and that's why the issue appears to come and go randomly.  If you are pointing to a good server it works and vice-versa.

I am located in a suburb of Chicago...are you in the same general area?

Thanks,

DR G 

Frequent Visitor

FYI...

I have now confirmed my theory.  

Here are 10 DNS entries for "tv.xfinity.com" that resolve from the Comcast DNS server 75.75.75.75:

tv.xfinity.com -> 69.241.33.54, 69.241.102.78, 69.241.32.146, 69.241.116.134, 69.241.87.162, 69.241.33.26, 69.241.87.154, 69.241.32.170, 69.241.102.30, 69.241.102.22

The order of this list will rotate about once per minute or so.  When an address with a 69.241.102.XXX is the returned as the current "in-play" server...the XFinity stream connects and works fine. If one of the other subnet prefixes becomes the in-play address, however, the 500 error is returned.

That is why if you continue to hit "OK" to the error mesage...it will eventully connect...once a 69.241.102.XXX address becomes in-play.

You may get back other serevrs in DNS depending on your geographic location.  My borther, for example, lives in Denver and gets 10 different addresses for tv.xfinity.com.  He does not see the issue at all.

Comcast fix your DNS...

Dr Gary

Frequent Visitor

Interesting...

The issue appears to have been resolved, at least for me, sometime this morning.  I have closed and re-opened the Live stream maybe a dozen times today and have not received the infomous 500 error.

Let's hope that it holds...

Dr Gary

Frequent Visitor

Looks like I spoke too soon...

The issue is back with a vengence this morning...I cannot get it to connect at all now.

I think it is time to drop Comcast.  This Live TV service is the worst excuse for a service offering that I have ever seen.  I pay nearly $200/month for TV and phone...this is ridiculous.

Dr Gary

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation