Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity website not working

Regular Contributor

Xfinity website not working

I have been trying to use the Xfinity website since 8am, it in now after noon, and it still isn't working. I can't watch recordings from my DVR, I can't watch anything On Demand, and I can't watch live TV. I called support this morning and was told it would be fixed. I tried two different browsers and no luck with either. This was one of the big selling points to get me to go to X1, and I'm not getting my money's worth.
Administrator
Administrator
Moved:

Re: Xfinity website not working

Administrator
Administrator

@swanda

I am so sorry you have been experiencing issues with our Xfinity website. We definitely want to ensure that you are able to use that site, access your DVR, watch On Demand programming, and have access to your tv. Are you still experiencing this issue? If so, can you please private message me information on what browser you are using and share some sreenshots of what you are seeing so we can better assist you.  Thank you 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Please post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark the Best Answer!solution Icon
Service Expert

swanda wrote:
I have been trying to use the Xfinity website since 8am, it in now after noon, and it still isn't working. I can't watch recordings from my DVR, I can't watch anything On Demand, and I can't watch live TV. I called support this morning and was told it would be fixed. I tried two different browsers and no luck with either. This was one of the big selling points to get me to go to X1, and I'm not getting my money's worth.

Do you use this URL?

https://tv.xfinity.com/listings

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

I'm having same issue as op.

I also do not regard the post as 'flaming' - sad, comcast, that you don't resolve the problem but mark it 'flaming' because someone is dissatisfied and frustrated.

RobertWy - I've tried every entry point to the xtv website - the one you posted plus each of the links off of the 'old' site.

I'm trying to chat with support now, but since it takes hours every time I ask for support, if you have any ideas please advise.

It's stuck on the 'terms' screen.

Thanks

Service Expert

calik wrote:

I'm having same issue as op.

I also do not regard the post as 'flaming' - sad, comcast, that you don't resolve the problem but mark it 'flaming' because someone is dissatisfied and frustrated.

RobertWy - I've tried every entry point to the xtv website - the one you posted plus each of the links off of the 'old' site.

I'm trying to chat with support now, but since it takes hours every time I ask for support, if you have any ideas please advise.

It's stuck on the 'terms' screen.

Thanks

Open the browser you are using and clear all cache & history then close the browser.

Reopen browser and now attempt to go though the steps to reach the Terms & Conditions.  If you are sucessful, great.  If not successful I would install and try another browser.   I can vouch for CHROME as this works for me even when there are issues ( a quick clearing of its cache always outs me back in business ).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon