Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity video freezing but audio plays

Contributor

Xfinity video freezing but audio plays

In the last few days, Xfinity TV shows and movies Iare freezing the video but NOT the audio. I

have to stop the video (which takes several seconds) and back up and re-start the video. This is really frustrating!

I can't seem to find any postings/solutions on here that aren't from before 2012 OR are even answered. I've tried signing out/back in, rebooting my computer, and refreshing the page. 

Has anyone had this problem and been able to solve it? 

Thank you!

New Poster

PICTURE FREEZING - GOING TO SNOW - GOING TO BLACK - AUDIO STILL WORKS

This is getting very frustrating!!!  I totall disconnect all cables, reconnect them, the box reboots and everything works fine - THEN - it all starts again.  What is going on???  Please help

Regular Contributor

Re: Xfinity video freezing but audio plays

There are several things you can try; first as Gary said you can try and powercycle your modem / router and if that helps but the problem returns then your cable box or router may be failing.

As a work around you can try going directly to the networks own web site and try watching from there; in most cases people who can't watch from the Xfinity site have no problems with the networks own site. But maybe 1 in 50 people who still have problems with streaming usually have either an equipment problem / a software problem on their computer (malware / virus) or they have signal strength issues. If you trouble shoot your equipment and it's not that then you may want to have a Comcast technician come out and test your signal strength with a meter, several people reported that their problems were fixed when the tech detected low signal strength and replaced the cable to the house.

- Norm

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation