Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity tv on line won't load

Regular Visitor

Xfinity tv on line won't load

So we went from endless buffering to not loading.  I have tried multiple times with comcast to get help and recieved none. Hopefully someone here can help. 

Around the holidays something changed in the comcast on line tv shows to make playback impossible.  Wierd thing is if it is programming on CBS it will work.  All other video sites work Netflix and hulu. Can even play videos on homepage as long as it does not forward to the tv site.

I have windows 8, I use desktop for comcast.  I have IE10 as a browser, updated adobe flashplayer and Java. Microsoft silverlight is up to date. Went through the troubleshooting screen and I meet all requirements.

Has anyone got any other ideas?

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity tv on line won't load

Many people are having problems with Windows 8.1 and IE 10.  I'd suggest installing another wen browser to see if it helps.  I personall use Chrome and have not had the problems mentioned by others.  I think Chrome has a built-in version of Flash, which may be why it works better.

Note that there is no reason why you cannot have more than one brower.  I need to keep my copy of IE as the default for other reasons, but I only use Chrome when accessing the Comcast web site or any site that does video streaming.  Hope this helps.

Regular Visitor

Re: Xfinity tv on line won't load

Thanks for the reply. I dont know what happened, but all of the sudden on Sun I was able to access and play all videos on line for the first time since Dec. Hopefully, it lasts if not I'll try Chrome.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation