Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity tv app won't play any video

New Poster

Xfinity tv app won't play any video

I use the xfinity app on two different tablets and a phone. Yesterday one of my tablets stopped playing any videos, regardless if they are recorded, on demand or even downloaded. Everytime I try playing a video it displays a message that due to security protocols I can enjoy this video on my mobile device only. I'm not trying to cast the screen or anything like that, just play it on the tablet. It's so frustrating. I tried restarting, and even unistalled and installed the app and still not working. Any advice?

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity tv app won't play any video

Please list the type of tablet, what OS and version.  This might help in determining if it's an app problem or hardware issue, and help others with the same specs.  Also someone with the same specs might be able to help you.

New Poster

Alcatel one touch pixi7

Model  9006W

Android version 5.0.2

It worked fine and all of a sudden it stopped. 

New Poster

Same problem, latest app update from Comcast injected this warning and disabled the app. Was fine last week. And now this. Security protocols say my Android tablet is not a device.Lenovo yoga...

Sebastian1222 wrote:

Alcatel one touch pixi7

Model  9006W

Android version 5.0.2

It worked fine and all of a sudden it stopped. 

New Poster

Mine quit working as well. I notice that the sign-in option is missing. I tried to chat online but it took me over a half hour before they even started to work on the problem. I am so frustrated with this monopoly and it is so ironic that a commercial came on the tv as I was trying to get the app to work on my laptop that claimed xfinity was so so good and fast. They want to charge us for every little thing they provide and fail to refund or give us anything when they cheat us. Hey we may even get billed for their errors.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation