New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity tv app for iOS

New Poster

Xfinity tv app for iOS

Hi,

I closed an account two months ago. Moved to another state and started new service last week. I created a brand new email account. When I used hbo go or espn iOS apps (I have both channels in my account) and I get the "subscription required" message. I subscribe to almost every premium channel. What do I need to do to get the app to work again? I called tech support and spend 30 minutes with no luck.

Thanks!
Silver Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity tv app for iOS

what are the current boxes that are used in your new area?  if you moved from a motorola market to a cisco or SA market that can be your issue.    have you tried the xfinity tv app or remote app to see if those work?  have you deleted the apps from your device and redone them with the new email address?  have you signed out of the app and signed in with the new credentials.  Make sure your signing in with the primary users credentials.  If you can't access hbogo that probably means comcast has your account coded wrong on their end and nothing we can tell you here can fix that.  Maybe comcast joe if he is working monday can assist otherwise its going to be a wait with the holidays.

New Poster

I moved from a Cisco to Motorola market.
I just uninstalled the apps and reinstall them. But I'm getting the same issue. I only have one email/account created with my service.
Thanks
Silver Problem Solver

ok so your issue if mostly going to be related to your old set up getting in the way of the old.  have you gone to your box menu and to the set up and looked for remote access set up in the menu?  if its there does it direct you to the website to set it up or does it say you can delete the set up?  if it says go to the website that means its not there, if it says delete the set up did not go through.

Can you go here and see what it says.

go here, what does it say under manage cables boxes?

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/mytv/settings

what does it say under connected devices.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation